Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

THE PONSFORD WAS ROCKING

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 7:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

CLEMO

No probs mate i looked over your way a couple of times during the match and you fitted in like a glove, mate you were chanting away merrily and that made me happy.

Anytime you wanna sit with us mate feel welcome it was great having you with us.

THE CHEER SQUAD.

WE MARCH WITH PRIDE,WE MARCH WITH LOVE,WHEN IT COMES TO OUR COLLINGWOOD WE FOREVER MARCH ! we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 9:42 am

2 replies in one post -

Alf,
Yes Cameron is a mate of mine, in fact Cameron and I share a house so yes i know him well. All it takes is some confidence and once all those people that sit around you guys recognize faces etc they will follow an I am sure it wont be long before you are able to get the stands rocking the same way. Keep up the good work.

Joffa,
First, NO the ex -president that I talk about is not Kath, its the guy who was President in 1990. Those who know him will know who I am talking about.
Second, Joffa, I am coming from the angle of someone who supports you guys and the club and someone who knows what you all are going through - getting chants happening, making run thrus, getting up early to get to the footy, using and maintaining equipment, trying to make the whole thing fun for everyone and all the other shit i havent mentioned - I know how hard it is and have nothing but respect for everything you are doing and I am very happy with the direction the cheer squad is taking. Hopefully I can offer some constructive criticism and ideas from someone on the outside but who knows what you guys are trying to acheive and has been there done that.

Please understand that I am in no way trying to do anything than to help you guys improve the cheer squad to the point that Collingwood boasts the biggest and best in the league!! If you would rather me not say anything I wont make any further post's.

Dont totally ban those "anti-opposition" chants because, as Alf said, they have their place and the crowd loves them, but my thoughts, and this is only MY opinion, are that they should be used more sparingly as they will have more effect when used. Plus if you keep 90% of your chanting to pro-Collingwood chants you will earn more respect from the players, our supporters, our board, opposition players and opposition supporters.
I was a member of the cheer squad through the mid - late eighties and I know what you are saying about size etc. this wasnt a fluke - it was acheived through good management of the squad and its activities which attracted people cause it was a place many people wanted to be and a group that people wanted to be involved with. From what I can see you are working your asses off at creating an environment where this will happen again and I hope it does.
12 months ago??? well yes you have every right to ask why we are all not involved anymore. Personally it comes down to time, and priorities. As you said things change and evolve and all our lives changed - some got married had kids, some moved interstate for a while (me) and others spent more time working on their careers (me here too). Plus when people hang around in groups like that for too long things can become stale and dull which is what I think happened and last years squad is the result. As you also mentioned, the same people wont be there in 5 years time and i would be dissapointed (unless they were doing an amazing job of it) if they were. The cheer squad needs injections of new people, ideas and energy on a regular basis or it will go stale as I said. I personally will come up and say G'day at some stage in the next few games, was going to do so at the swans game as i was standing near you when you were having a beer in the locker room. Will do so soon.

I really wish I could come down to run thru, but thursday is the worst possible day for me but I will re organise something soon and come down to help out as I have some ideas and thoughts that are simple but have so much effect. For exaple the saying i saw last week about the peoples republic of collingwood was great but looked plain. It amazing what 2 or 4 stars do to the effect of a run thru. Checks at each end can be just as effective. I will get down in the very near future and give you a hand. When are you doing the eagles game run thru? and can you give me the exact address? Thanks

Anyway cheers and GO PIES!!!

Dillo

[This message has been edited by dillo_09 (edited 14 June 2001).]

[This message has been edited by dillo_09 (edited 14 June 2001).]
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 9:56 am

EXCELLENT STUFF DILLO

Now i know where your coming from please i beg you to offer us with any help you want.

And a feather in your cap mate the cheer squad in the mid eighties was awesome.

chants mate i want some of them chants you guys used.

top stuff
joffa

WE MARCH WITH PRIDE,WE MARCH WITH LOVE,WHEN IT COMES TO OUR COLLINGWOOD WE FOREVER MARCH ! we will never forget our great number #42...GO YOU BLOODY PIES yeaaah LETS KICK ASS.lets kill the bloody bastards !!
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 12:00 pm

Thanks Joffa,

I forgot to mention that I also received one of those "In the trenches with the Magpie Army" newsletters that were handed out. I found it very interesting and informative and also funny with the "it's joke time" segment. Any chance of it being published in the Cheer Squad Public Forum on this MAGnificent web site? It will good for the squad members who can't make it to the ground or those who aren't members of the Cheer Squad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: