Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

FANTASTIC! MARVELOUS! WONDERFUL!...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 6:33 pm
Post subject: FANTASTIC! MARVELOUS! WONDERFUL!...Reply with quote

...And many more words can be used to describe just how great the Mighty Pies played tonight!

We seemed to be everywhere.

When the umpires weren't giving us a go in the first quarter, we just put our heads down and got on with the job at hand. And what a wonderful job we did...

Kicks and handballs were hitting their targets, marks were being taken, sheparding was being done, we were chasing players down, we were intercepting Eagles passes with ease, and more importantly, goals were being scored!!! The straight kicking made a nice change!

How good was Josh - brilliant!

Molloy - god, he's a champion. His work off the ball is tremendous.

Our Freo recruits, Holland and Clement, did some nice things, as did Steinfort (the tagger turning into a goalkicking forward perhaps?!).

Nicky and Ant started off well (can anyone tell me what happened - did they get injured?).

Wakelin, Richo and Presti were solid in defence (Presti showed some dash on occasion!)

O'Bree was his usual self, feeding off the packs.

Chrissy was a bit quiet tonight but showed up when it counted.

And Leon showed flashes of brilliance (did you see his fancy footwork in the centre late into the last quarter?!!!).

I know I've missed some - my apology, but I can't sit here all night!

Anyway - GO YOU MIGHTY MAGGIES (Do I feel a 2001 Premiership coming on? ok ok I won't get ahead of myself, but oh I loved it tonight).

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 6:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said!!

JDF
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 6:56 pm

Damn; I thought the subject headline was in reference to myself.

Sly.
MTA.
The Collingwood Rant.
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 8:09 pm

GO PIES! a terrific performance! Well done to all the boys!

ytry4 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 1:58 am

The last two games have been so good, that I reckon Buckley will find it hard to get back. hehehe. jk

No Buckley, No Worries

Good Old Collingwood Forever...
-------------------
BLACK & WHITE

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 3:16 am

It was great
Our kicking was accurate! lol
I thought Adkins was coming back ages ago. Anyone know when he'll be back?

I LOVE DANNY ROACH 4 EVA AND EVA
biodave 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 4:26 am

great post kristin!!! And I agree with you as well!!!
I also thought Wez McKee did a real fine job. He was being slaughtered in the ruck in the first quarter and didn't have his way with the umps either. But he continued to try and at the end of the game, he undoubtedly had the upper hand on Gardiner. I was real glad that MM persisted with him throughout the whole game, especially the early stages. I really like Wez. He's not a flamboyant footballer, but modest and hardworking in his approach. I hope he can continues with this form- Good onya Wez!

Oh yeh, the upshot to Wez going in the ruck allowed Rogan to kick four magnificent goals (2 check sides- he's so accurate, he doesn't need a left foot). For a kid who's 19, he plays with so much experience. He's that much of a witty footballer.

Overall, it was a real team effort tonight. Interestingly, I remember MM saying something along the lines of every player being special and an integral part of the team. I think that really rang true last nite. Just look at the efforts of neon, tubby, tarks, d9, nature boy, wez, rogan, OB, roop, steinlarger, dude and nicky davis (sorry, what's his nick ?). Almost all of them contributed either on the scoreboard or in fulfilling their role. You couldn't say that either of them stood out particularly. It's just not clear cut anymore.

As last nite proved, we may not have the BOG player, but we do have the BOG t.e.a.m. And that's what counts.

bless their courageous hearts

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 4:31 am

What a fantastic match! It was well worth losing my voice (I've got the flu but still had to see our boys play!) and it was even worth the stupid train back to Bendigo being delayed (as tired as we all were we still couldn't stop talking about the game highlights all the way home!).

I thought it was a great team effort by all players. Josh is INCREDIBLE! What's he going to be able to do once he has a few more seasons under his belt considering what he is already doing now? Exciting stuff!

You can hear the crowd excitement whenever Leon gets near the ball - and what about his mark in the goal square - how on earth did he even see the ball?

Presti was fantastic clearing the ball out from the back line and I thought Rupe had one of his best matches and has shown that he deserves to have more ground time.

But I think my favourite highlight is Molly! WHAT A GUY! He is so tough, always goes in for the hard ball, always chases and never takes a step backwards. That mark he took in the forward line where he held the ball high with one hand was awesome. It was great to beat the Weagles but it was even better to see him rub it in their noses!

GO PIES!

Marg

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 5:40 am

"Wez" McKee????

Never heard that one before.

So tell me, biodave. Where does that nickname come from and what is the significance of it? Is this an "official" nickname? By that I mean is McKee himself aware of it and do other players call him that? Or is this your own creation?

I'm intrigued.

**floreat pica**

~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 5:51 am

My tip is its something to do with Wes Fellows...he does "sort of" have a resemblance to him...BUT, that is just a guess..hehehe

ACK! and why to people have to write such long posts...ahhh i hate it...quick shotr, to the point..

Go Jarrod!!

Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 8:57 am

Kristin Nicky davis did his hammy last nite but there was no mention of pebbles at all.

Oh and Nick davis's nicknames are Davo, nicky, and I have heard Boofa after his dad.

NICKY DAVIS KICKS ARSE!!!!!
biodave 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 4:22 pm

AlfAndrews
I've got to to be honest with you, I don't know the reasoning behind "Wez." But I just keep seeing Sly (from TCR) using it and it's stuck with me ever since. My wager is that it would not be official. I'm sorry that it sounded too pretentious.

Thanks for the clarification magpie girl. "Boofa" is kool.

bless their courageous hearts

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 6:48 pm

Hey biodave,

I wasn't saying it sounded pretentious. I was just curious.

It's interesting how nicknames come about. Sometimes they are started by team-mates. Sometimes they are started by commentators. Sometimes by barrackers. Sometimes they are nicknames that the player has had since he was a kid.

You even get nicknames that are started by opposition barrackers, e.g. "Figjam". Other people call him "Brownlow" but I think most of us just call him "Bucks".

Some players have multiple nicknames, like "Molly" and "D9". I think D9 came from Sandy Roberts and Molly was imported from Brisbane. I much prefer Molly because I can't stand Sandy Roberts.

I reckon you could just about write a book on the subject of nick-names.

#12GO WEZ!!!!#12

**floreat pica**

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2001 8:39 pm

Alf, Biodave, "Wez" comes from (as guessed) Steve McKee showing Wes Fellowes-like tendencies. McKee moves a bit like Wes and has that similar sort of tilt to his head.

Against Melbourne, though, I was calling McKee Primus-like, which amused the supporters in front of me. But McKee was running around out there like Primus. It was just like having Primus out there.

Finally, though, on Friday night somehow in the midst of using all 300 nicknames I have for him, I came out with Fabio for him after the male-supermodel - and I think that's the one I'll try and stick with from now on: 'Fabio' McKee

In the Pre-Season after we landed Molloy, a friend said to me, "We got Jazz." "Who?" I asked. "Jazz Molloy," he clarifies for me - and that's stuck with me whenever Molloy's near the ball. Don't like "D9" and "Molly" is a bit effeminate.

Sly.
MTA.
The Collingwood Rant.

[This message has been edited by Sly (edited 24 June 2001).]
Big poppa pump 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 8:18 am

And i thought that our training sessions were lockouts
Well i'm sure glad this one wasn't.
It was hopefully just a preview of what our finals training sessions will be like with 37000 people watching.
Great effort boys now let us stone those bloody crows.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: