Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rohan

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 12:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Although this post has generated some good responses it has nothing to do with me. I have never attacked anyone's background yet Joffa labels me as a pompous private school boy.

To set the record straight Joffa, I am an AFL full member, Collingwood support package/member. What relevance has this got to do with my issue about Judkins?

Read the issue Joffa. Personal jibes at me are a sure sign that your argument, or lack of it, has no credence.

I have a challenge for you, I will sit with you one day at the football and you can decide if I am a "pompous private schoolboy" for yourself. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Ok Mike, I post as RCT. That’s my full name, is there anything wrong with that.

Why don't you also look at the issues I have highlighted? This forum seems to be pre occupied with the personalities in here and not the football issues.
What relevance has this JamesDio guy to do with football matters, giving him the time of the day is the reason he stirs so much.

May the St Kevin's Old Boys Prevail.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 12:20 pm

Mediation never was my strong point - I've given up and gone back to moderation.

2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:25 pm

Rohan, in your own words "personal jibes..are a sure sign that your argument, or lack of it, has no credence".
Please tell us if you believe any of the following (all your words) could be regarded as personal jibes:

1. "You can blame that on the Rose family"

2. "Chins McGuire"

3. "Balme only said that to save face"

Here's my personal jibe:
You also posted that you "never said we should OF got Gehrig"
Rohan, Rohan ,Rohan, what would your St Kevins English teacher think of such prostitution of our language?

Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:37 pm

The Balme analogy is fact.

The Rose family is fact also.

I will tell you something about them. Kevin Rose is half the reason why we had such a horrible era. It's a joke he is on the board now. Just ask one of those guys from FTO about what he thinks of him.

Interesting to note when we were recruiting players of the cailbre of Singline, Dawyne Griffen and Jason Wilde, a certain
Rose was getting paid in excess of 20 k per year for "recruiting consultations".

Chins McGuire, yeah personal jibe.

2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 2:00 pm

Rohan, your use of the word "fact" is laughable. Your use of the word "analogy" when referring to Balme doesn't make sense.
If Kevin Rose is half the "reason why" we had such a horrible era, please enlighten us as to whom you blame for the other half.

[2PIC please]

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 24 July 2001).]
Chipper_Toon 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 2:49 pm

Easy. Tony Shaw.

And Rohan, what year did you finish at Skevs? I am there now. Perhaps you will come down for the Skevs v Xavier match on Aug 11? It could decide the premiership.

-------------------------
Pies for September!!!
Toon for Europe!!!
The future is bright....... the future is Black & White
And the the hell is Chipper????

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 2:55 pm

Im with you Rohan...........well spoken

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 4:22 pm

I think the point is...

There *IS* no point in:

Hindsight, and apportioning blame for *perceived* past mistakes.

I'm sure all clubs have a long list of unsuccessful draft decisions.

A great 16 year old may dominate his age group but he is not guarranteed to show exponential progress as he gets older...so who is to know that?

I think that what many are thinking is strange about this discussion is that at the moment we have the best bunch we've had for 10 years...and instead of enjoying the fact that they are suddenly *very* competitive with the most successful clubs in recent years...some have this puzzlingly negative attitude suggesting that we are all dreaming...and if only we had picked up Gherig and traded Lockyer, somehow magically we'd be up there with Essendon.

I believe that club success goes deeper than one or two good/bad draft decisions. I also believe that every player is talented at this level. Any one of them can be a star if they focus on the passion (and not on the money...money will follow success automatically...a legend will have earning capacity when he's 70...a ho-hum mercenary be soon be forgotten)

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 3:39 pm

RCT - I will put it simply. Don't flaunt your name and all will be well. Don't tell us about "inside knowledge" unless it is purposeful an unbiased. I'm sure most of us don't appreciate you attacking everyone left, right and centre at Collingwood, while some of what you say is true, there is other statements that are totally uncalled for and it seems your only backup for these statements is that you are a Coventry relation.

Don't flaunt and will we all get along.

JDF
Rohan Coventry Tateson 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 4:40 pm

The thing about Rose was in the annual report. Can't quote you on what year, but in the mid 90's. Said in the budget there was 20 k allocated to a certain Rose for recruiting purposes.

P.S
Mike, I went to that site, downloaded the file, installed it and rebooted it.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 7:40 pm

Give it a rest rohan for godsake !!

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables[i/] !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..[i]GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: