Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

END OF SEASON TRADES, DELISTINGS AND PICK UPS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 2:47 pm
Post subject: END OF SEASON TRADES, DELISTINGS AND PICK UPSReply with quote

I was just thinking today about what Collingwood need as in the way of trades, delistings and needs go.
Start with the needs:
- 2 running defenders that can cover some ground. I find our backline even though its relible with richo and presti sometime it does become a little stangnate and is slow.
- a tall midfielder. Apart from josh and mckee our midfeild looks like its just a midjet midfeild without many tall markers this would allow the midfeilders such as o'bree,jonston,lica etc.. to move into attacking postions and out on the wings gives another dimension also.
Trades:
-I'll trade rocca for about 2 draft picks and hopefully fullfill the needs component at the same time win win situation.
Trade bait that can be used to pick up 3 more experianced players.
these players are the following:
lane, kinnear,wasley and scotland

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 4:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way Anthony Rocca should be traded. I think he has been a solid player for most of the year and can take great contested marks. Sure he misses a few goals but the thing is he has been good enough to create the opportunities for himself.

Collingwood Requirements :

1. Another hard running tough as nails midfielder like Obree. These types of midfielders are hard to come by. I believe Ben Johnson has the potential to develop into this type of player.

2. Another tall defender. Jason Cloke should be able to slot onto this position in the next couple of years.

3. A quality Ruckman to help Rogan. I believe Mckee is slowly developing into an adequate player. Sure he makes mistakes but he certainly isnt the only player who makes mistakes.

The players i would be using as Trade bait would be Tuckey and Dimmatina.

I would trade Dimmatina to the Western Bulldogs for somebody like Craig Ellis or a running midfielder.

Tuckey would be well suited to a team like Adelaide who dont haver many tall key forwards. In return i would accept a draft pick. Tuckey deserves to be playing senior footy and at the Crowas he would be able to do this.

I would aim to keep the nucleus of the side pretty much the same and let the younger players develop as one and try and develop a team comradary.

Dean Solomon will compliment our backline superbly or we could even try and get someone like Blake Caracella. Essendon will have salary cap problems as they will have to sing up Misiti, Rioli Pevrill etc.........so this would be the club i would target if i was Collingwood.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Dantheman 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2001 4:22 am

I pretty much agree with you JLC.
Except I think Dimattina is worth more than what we would get for him. He's had some solid games this year.

The room service guy 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 11:11 am

Andrew Eccles from the Crows would be a good pick up.
He hasn't been getting an opportunity under Ayres due to injury and form.
He's from Melbourne, so he may be looking to move home.
He's got really good skills and can use the ball under pressure.
He was a valuable player in a premiership at 19.
We could do with another midfielder who has these attributes, and if we got him he could be a 10 year player.
He played a lot of his junior footy with Nicky Stevens, and was the equal of him, if not better. If he still has the desire to play AFL, I reckon we should try to get him. Maybe for someone like Tuckey as JLC said, and a lower draft pick(s).

THE RUP IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2001 12:05 pm

Before anything else...WE MUST GET A QUALITY RUCKMAN!!! Josh can't handle the ruck himself at this stage, and McKee isn't turning up each week. WE MUST GET A QUALITY RUCKMAN!!!!!

JDF
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 3:44 am

Did you all see that Essendon has put its contract negotiations with the following players on hold (due to salary cap problems):

Dean Solomon
Joe Misiti
Dean Rioli
Sean Wellman
Scott Lucas

There's a bit of talent there!!! I'd love for the Pies to pick up at least one of these players (though preferably not Lucas).

timagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 3:57 pm

I hope this is correct and the essendon players out of contract refuse to resign because thay are going to receive a pay cut of a graet amount.
Out of the prevoius list I hope COLLINGWOOD picks up Misti and Wellman. 2 class players and this would just about be the final pieces in our side. Tall running backman and a tough nut midfielder.
All COLLINGWOOD need are 2 things that is 1. another running tall who can cover defence and to back up rucking for josh
And 2. Another tough nut midfielder. Thats it but do you know how or who is this going to be.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD UNITED FOREVER AND EVER AMEN GOD BLESS THEM ALL

Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 8:49 am

dean solomon would be great!

the great number 17
dallas 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 9:01 am

Given time Guy Richards will be a star and he and josh will be the premiere ruck duo in the AFL.

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2001 7:04 am

is it eva possible for us to use ne Willi players??

cuz i'd luv to use lloyd, or taylor, i mean i don't know how well they would go in AFL footy, but who knows if we neva try?

Are there any strong, any more backliners from Freo? i mean to all that coaching crap, their new coach may not want em all or whatevr he plans to do, and since we have already got real QUALITY from freo, maybe there's more talant we ain't got yet?
Maybe another Clement?
And if essendon are having that money prob, then we're bound to get a strong one

We need a clone of jarrod molloy that would be good!

or even maybe hawthorn? i mean all their players are strong and all...

But whoevr we get, i hope we can be become the side everyone fears to play, bcoz of our backline, bcoz of our midfirld, bcoz of our fwd line, bcoz of our ruck..... eventually, we will bcome INVINCIBLE! hehehe, nah i reakon next year's the ONE.

Luv da 1 da only da @sh Licuria.

B&W Phantom 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 3:18 am

After watching the Don's and Port game, from that list of Maybe Essendon drops because of Salary cap, I would like to see Solomon come over(if we could get him). He did a great job running off the HB line and tagged his man pretty much out of the game. Of the lot I reckon he is the pick. In addition, he would suit Mick's style of the running backline.

The room service guy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 8:20 am

Solomon has soooooooo much courage too!

THE RUP IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: