Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

BURNS & BETHERAS BACK!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2001 7:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant understand why people dont like Tyson Lane. People forget that last year he played a blinder against Essendon in Round 22 and was our best player.

Ben Kinnear is a player of the future and is in our best players week in and week out in the reserves and deserves his opportunity.

They have made a big mistake in dropping Prestigiacomo. Presti is a very underated backman in our team. People question his disposal but my response is look at Dunkley, Gaspar, Kellaway etc etc who all have poor disposal but are quality defenders when in their prime.

APA

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
the prez 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 4:39 am

Everyone seems to have forgotten Presti copped a knock to his leg last week that was bad enough to sit out the rest of the game when Barker was killing us.There's no way he was dropped,I reckon he wasn't quite right to play this week.Should return next week.MM knows what he's got in Presti.

GO WOODS

Seth 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 6:57 am

Why Lane over Adkins? He's had his turn, give the ypung fellas a go. (Unless he's injured of course!)

'Go trig boy, it's your birthday'.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 8:55 am

Well Lane is a more experienced player and more versatile. I would let Lane and Rupert run though thge midfield all night and use them as our link players. Use Big Carl to tag Bell and let Obree go head to head with Cook. Adkins will get his opportunity shortly but Lane is more match hardened.

If its raining i would leave Rocca in the goal square and have didak and neon leon very close by.

APA

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2001 5:45 pm

Congratulations to Ben Kinnear for vindicating your selection in the team with a great match. Our backline was very vunerable today without Presti and Richo and Shags having a shocking game.

Even Tyson Lane did a couple nice things during the game.

APA

The room service guy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 8:14 am

To be honest JLC, Lane had an ordinary year last year and hasn't been much better this year. He pretty well saved his career by playing well at the end of the year when it meant nothing but pride.
Don't think he deserves another chance like that after this year. He hasn't performed up to expectations and even if he finishes the year in the team, would be lucky to stay at the club. I hope I haven't sounded too harsh on him, but someone of his age and talent should be having a greater influence on outcomes of games. He's been around for 7 years now. I think that's long enough for a player to prove if he's consistently good enough.
I hope he can prove me wrong and kick arse for the rest of the year and save his career.

THE RUP IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

The room service guy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2001 9:37 am

Great to see Burnsy back out there!! He proved how important he is by setting up Brodie's goal just before 3/4 time. That was the most important goal we got for the nite, cos it switched the momentum. Great stuff Scotty!!

THE RUP IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: