Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

This is our Pie board anyone else think Scud was great?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

magpie greg wrote:
Otherwise Todd Woodbridge is a superstar too

umm...only the greatest doubles player to have ever played the game!!! As far as doubles superstars he he isn't "a" superstar, he's "the" superstar! I don't particularly like the mummy's boy but he's done well with what he's got.

Btw, rankings don't lie. The poo was ranked in the top 10 at the end of last year - can't be a dud and in the top 10. IMO the poo doesn't have what it takes to be no.1. There are so many other players who have more ability than him. For him to get into the top 10 with his ability is something to be proud of.

As for losing to Arazi, you really should check out this guy before making the comment. Arazi and the poo are similar in some ways....on their day they are both unbeatable but inconsistency hurts them both. The poo has worked at his consistency and as a result earned a top 10 ranking.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:52 pm

I agree arazi is a good player!!!!. Not sure why people r that surprised that Arazi won.Anyway go FEDERER!!!!!!!!!! *LOL* I must have been the only Aussie last night not to want Lleyton to win Very Happy (or so the aussie press would have u believe).

Roddick and Safin play tonight!!!!!!!!!!.

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
commonwombat Sagittarius

commonwombat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:09 pm

Tennis isn't really my thing but will watch good matches here and there.
Arazi is one very dangerous player with the ability to bring off the incredible shots ala Henri Leconte in the 80's to early 90's.

I think Arazi's record is that he has knocked over or at least stretched most of the top guys at some stage or another. He is somewhat of a floting mine in any major draw in that he may not win the tournament but he's liable to take out or severely damage some big names along the way.

Scud is no dud, but neither is he God's gift to tennis. For reasons only known to him and those close, he has only had his mental side of the game together in the last year or so which is pretyy bloody late in the day. This along with questionable fitness have meant he has not achieved what may have been possible with his gifts.

He may have had the equipment to possibly win a major title but has not made the most of his opportunities and frankly it is unlikely that he will do so in what is left of his career.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: