Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Best recruit I've seen in a decade.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Half the votes come from interstate sources and they tend to vote on a block to piss off Victorians. It may be simpler to take it out of the hands of these biased idiots and base it on facts such as stats or Brownlow votes. Or get the coaches to vote
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:29 pm

I would think it's now a race in two between Stephenson and Witherden. Doedee the only other real chance.

A bit like the NBA do you reward the second year player or the first year? Witherden has possibly had a "better" year statistically but is playing at a worse team and an easier position.

Not really bothered if Stephenson wins it or not. He's the same player either way.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:40 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I would think it's now a race in two between Stephenson and Witherden. Doedee the only other real chance.

A bit like the NBA do you reward the second year player or the first year? Witherden has possibly had a "better" year statistically but is playing at a worse team and an easier position.

Not really bothered if Stephenson wins it or not. He's the same player either way.

I’m in much the same boat about not caring for the individual award.

On average player ranking points he was 3rd or 4th last time I looked and I think Ronke was 1st.

Anyway, the media seem to be getting behind JS.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:14 pm

The boy was practising kicking at goal from 40-45 metres on his non-preferred in the warmup. And seeing him on TV today, not knowing what was going to come out of his mouth next, but seeing the confidence.

Reminded me of another rather self-confident young man.

Nathan Charles Buckley.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:16 pm

Cam wrote:
The boy was practising kicking at goal from 40-45 metres on his non-preferred in the warmup. And seeing him on TV today, not knowing what was going to come out of his mouth next, but seeing the confidence.

Reminded me of another rather self-confident young man.

Nathan Charles Buckley.

LIKE Cool and he loves being a Magpie!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:09 pm

It's frightening to imagine how good he will be as a midfielder, once he's added 5-7 kilos of muscle to his skinny frame.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:30 pm

http://twitter.com/AFLPlayerRating/status/1029156654015700992
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:31 pm

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:32 pm

MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:31 pm

Name the best half backs in the league - this is easy and very quickly you get a list of 20.

Name the best KPF's in the league - Again very quickly you can rattle of 10-15 names including some young talent.

Name the best small forwards in the comp - Those that regularly kick goals. Those that at times have had the best defenders in the comp play on them ( Rance, hurley, May.....).

There are only a handful and one of them is a first year player.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:27 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Name the best half backs in the league - this is easy and very quickly you get a list of 20.

Name the best KPF's in the league - Again very quickly you can rattle of 10-15 names including some young talent.

Name the best small forwards in the comp - Those that regularly kick goals. Those that at times have had the best defenders in the comp play on them ( Rance, hurley, May.....).

Ronke has 23G in 15 games (1.53pg) and Stephenson 30 in 20 games (1.50pg). McKay and Marshall have a better rate per game again (although fewer games).

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2018&rt=RA&st=GO

Stephenson leads the total goals (by virtue of having played more games), but is fourth in the rate per game.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2018&rt=RT&st=GO

Not sure it is clear cut on the marker you chose.

As I posted above, I don't really care.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:13 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

Ronke has 23G in 15 games (1.53pg) and Stephenson 30 in 20 games (1.50pg). McKay and Marshall have a better rate per game again (although fewer games).

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2018&rt=RA&st=GO

Stephenson leads the total goals (by virtue of having played more games), but is fourth in the rate per game.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2018&rt=RT&st=GO

Not sure it is clear cut on the marker you chose.

As I posted above, I don't really care.

Not sure I was leaving it all to Goals alone - Point I was making Stephanson often gets the best defender. Ronke does not and crumbs at the feet of the most explosive forward in the game Along with Papley.
It was no surprise Stephanson struggled without Degoey.
Ronke hasnt had the best defender on him and his overall stats just fall short of Jaydens.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:44 pm

^ The quality of JS's opponents seems much higher than the quality of JdG's (when JdG is playing forward). They've really played some no-name defenders on JdG when he's kicked bags.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:55 pm

magpieazza wrote:
I might put a redback on him for rising star...hes at $11 atm

Stuff the Redback! I'm going the Grey Nurse! I'm stunned he's paying $11... where?
And who says Grundy is an A grader?! The ONLY thing stopping him from the Charlie is his teammates. Pendles, Treloar & especially Steelo will prolly take too many. But he'll b up there, more importantly I rate him as possibly the most valuable player in the game. Not in the MVP sense, but because there are so few like him & none better. His growing confidence with the pill makes him almost 2 players! A top Ruck, and an excellent mid. Prepared to run with it, kick snags, crash packs, pick it up off the deck, Mark like a champion, & run his opponent ragged! He is a secret weapon which no one else has. If we'd had Treloar, Darcy, & Jordy these last few weeks we'd be sitting on Ruchmonds head at the top. But we're a lot better with DeGoey & yes, Aish back, not to mention Ox in the last line & Madgen showed plenty, as did Mihocek in the first! So obviously Bucks will dump Ox & prolly Madgen, coz he's useless at Match committee. But I really believe we look stronger with those 2 down back.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:17 pm

35forever wrote:
magpieazza wrote:
I might put a redback on him for rising star...hes at $11 atm

Stuff the Redback! I'm going the Grey Nurse! I'm stunned he's paying $11... where?
And who says Grundy is an A grader?! The ONLY thing stopping him from the Charlie is his teammates. Pendles, Treloar & especially Steelo will prolly take too many. But he'll b up there, more importantly I rate him as possibly the most valuable player in the game. Not in the MVP sense, but because there are so few like him & none better. His growing confidence with the pill makes him almost 2 players! A top Ruck, and an excellent mid. Prepared to run with it, kick snags, crash packs, pick it up off the deck, Mark like a champion, & run his opponent ragged! He is a secret weapon which no one else has. If we'd had Treloar, Darcy, & Jordy these last few weeks we'd be sitting on Ruchmonds head at the top. But we're a lot better with DeGoey & yes, Aish back, not to mention Ox in the last line & Madgen showed plenty, as did Mihocek in the first! So obviously Bucks will dump Ox & prolly Madgen, coz he's useless at Match committee. But I really believe we look stronger with those 2 down back.

Stevo $1.80

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: