Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Terrible!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie24 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 8:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarrant was kicked from pillar to post yesterday.He had 2 to 3 opposition player's on him.Beaumont kept knocking in to him and for a 20 year old that's pretty hard to take all game.
What i would like to know is where were the opponent's of the 3 player's that were on Tazz.

The way our forward line was set up it was a waste of time kicking it in to the forward 50,Carlton had loose men everywhere.

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****
magpie_baz 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 11:00 am

Look to trade: LANE!!, dimma, freeborn, roach, kinnear, ukovic, mckee,wasley, scotland,stone GOODBYE!!!!!!!

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 6:46 am

Adkins is a good player. He could not get fit this year. Hopefully he can do a pre season and he will fire next year. I would not trade him under any circumstances.

Rich is no gun but he is pretty servicable and has taken out some of the big names over the last few years. We have no viable alternative until Cloke steps up (fingers crossed).

The rest - Dimma, Steinford, Lane, Freeborne, McKee, Ukovic, Stone and Roach are not up to standard. They are handy but we cannot win a premiership with those players. Most of them have some strengths but, withoout getting personal, they have flaws which are of a magnitude that means they must go now. We must try and trade whatever we can get in the way of draft choices and/or specifically targeted players. We must be creative at the negotiation table.

To that list I would add:

Wasley - too injury prone and not good enouogh anyway. Has pace and can mark but doesn't get enough of the ball and doesn't use it well enough.

Tuckey - seems like he can play at time but gets little opportunity and doesn't take it when he does. Can't find a position for him in the forward line or down back.

I would keep Rupe and Scotland. Kinnear is worth 1 more year but it must be his final chance.

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 7:08 am

im glad all these people mentioning freeborn have nothing to do with the decision

pure magic...
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 7:33 am

they wont get rid of benny kinnear, hes good, all he needed was a decent go and he got it and hes showing that he can play.
freo, hes been ordinary lately but he is ok when in attack, i dont think hes any good in defense.
ukovic will be first to go, i dont care where just as long as he goes. baynes lane and stone likewise. roach, hasnt done anything and doesnt look like doing anything either but apparently has been injured and since we wasted number 7 pick on him i would be wondering what their motives of deciding to get him were.
wakelin was alright at the start of the year but doesnt really man up enough to be really good.
mckee arghhhh! dont get me started. kingy was one of my faves and im still not over that whole deal.
dimma is ok sometimes, steinfort the same.
richo a bit inconsistent.
adkins, as if they would get rid of him!!! hes a gun. the only way they would get rid of him is if we had pick number 3 and wanted to swap it and him for some dud from richmond and number 7. no seriously i dont think they will be getting rid of him any time soon.
we have a good supply of young guns such as tarkyn, rogan, tazza, adkins (when he gets back from injury and has a preseason), didak (will be a gun), leon, and johnson. some of the young ones have been a bit crap lately but thats to be expected because they will get tired from the season they've had.

MarkT 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 11:28 am

Leonin, do I take you think Freeborne should be kept?
He has been terrible down back. I can't see who he would replace up forward. Holland is the only option and I prefer Brodie. Freeborne has played a few bit parts in his career up forward but not many. He, like Lane, has played some good footy unmaned on a wing but so have I and I am crap!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: