Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Watch out Eddie....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2000 12:34 pm
Post subject: Watch out Eddie....Reply with quote

Mcguire Media is facing a challenge from Wilson Multimedia.

For those who didn't see today's current bun, Mike Wilson of the "Collingwood Supporters Centre" was sought out and quote in print on the price of membership tickets. Well done Mike.

Mike, In regard to your deft handball to me, the reporter rang three times and e-mailed once. With more skill than I had when I played, I baulked, blind turned, side stepped then delivered a perfect pass to someone who doesn't mind being photographed in a silly hat. ( I told you it would end up with picture of a beanie - the clown hat was nearly as bad).

The girls were upset that I passed up the "photo opportunity" so keep us in mind next time you are sought out my the media.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2000 3:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be too quick to grab the opportunity Paul, you might just find your remarks taken out of context and your quotes mangled beyond recognition.

For those who didn't see the snippet:
quote:
Mike Wilson of the Collingwood Supporters Centre in Tasmania said the club was not looking after its loyal supporters outside Melbourne.

He has a $150 country membership but has not been to a game in five years because he lives in Launceston.
"If it goes any higher I will have to reconsider it" he said yesterday.

What I actually told Sarah Pellegrini was that because Country Membership has risen from $84 to $150 in two years we have not renewed Nick's membership this season. Nick is now 15 and has to pay adult rates and we can't justify two adult memberships that won't be used. She asked me how long it was since I had been to an AFL match and I told her "about 5 years". The quote was entirely fictitious.

Luckily there is no such organisation as "The Collingwood Supporters Centre" in Tassie (she was confusing that with the web community "The Collingwood Football Club Supporters Centre" which has no set geographical location), I don't live in Launceston, the article was almost small enough to be invisible and there are so many Mike Wilson's that I could be anybody.

Next time I take a leaf out of your book Paul, flick pass first and talk second.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2000 6:16 am

Hi, Did everyone else receive an email from the reporter? She emailed me, but I couldn't be bothered ringing her!
michy 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2000 7:02 am

I didn't get emailed but if i did I would do exactly the same as joel cause the last I got in the paper it was a little nightmare.
All I did was answer a footy quiz,sent it in and the next week got a call from the herald sun asking me why smoking and drinking should be banned from footy.then they came to my place a did an hour photo shoot.the next week me and my sister liz were in the paper and they made me out to be a bloody 5 year old and made my arguement sound so weak.plus since i am the only real footy follower in my family my sister got to wear my guensey for the photo and i had to wear just my jacket. how rude.

Go rupert go how good did he and lica play last night well done collingwood u showed ur not a losing side and can't wait till the season starts.rupert,i'll give u a tip,when u get the ball pass it to a teamate not the opposition apsrt from that u did well.

on mon.24th i went to the pies training session I think everyone was there except tarrent of course and I dont think A.rocca was there but sav was and looked in good shape.buckley as always looked great .I got ther at 3:15 and they had already started but bucks didn't role up till 3:30 what time do they exactly start.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: