Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Malthouse restores Collingwood pride.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZED 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2000 6:50 pm
Post subject: Malthouse restores Collingwood pride.Reply with quote

After going to the New Years Eve flop it was a very nervous 29 day to see if that was a one off or not.
Plenty encouraging signs.
Leon Davis what a pick up.
Johnstone
O bree
Buckley not in the backline.
Baynes
Just remember we still have The Rocca's,Williams,Croscisca,Clark,Mckee,Hawking,Wasley,Fraser pardon me if I left someone out.If someone knows or sees Tarrant he must have a good look at himself because he will make a huge impact if he plays this year?
I am so excited I will have to see the replay again.
Collingwood is back and wont evryone start to shudder.

Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2000 10:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... Even though we didn't win I'm feeling in a positive frame of mind for the season ahead. Our guys kept the pressure on for the whole (shortened) match, which was good to see! How about Leon Davis!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2000 6:23 am

They looked the goods didnt they? We had most of the ball but unfortunately because of a few crappy kickouts we lost. But everything seems positive, so thats good! Leon Davis is something else, what a champion, he couldn't get enough of the ball. The team applied alot of pressure, even in the forward line, which is great! Mick's work is starting to come through, I look forward to the seaon ahead!
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2000 6:33 am

I agree Zed, a pleasant change wasn't it?
That is, watching Collingwood play an interstate team and actually still being in it half way through the last quarter.
I didn't feel the urge to go out and walk the dog or clean the fridge once.
Some encouraging signs......O'Bree used the ball cleverly, Leon Davis.....electrifying!
Kinnear will develop into a good defender...
Mal looked very good.....Betheras (why did Anthony Hudson insist upon calling him BethARas????)was impressive too.
I got the shudders watching Ukovic though....early indicators are that he isn't a defender's jockstrap....but I'll hold my opinion until I see more.
Mrs Appleby suggested that Anthony Rocca has been replaced as "Best Bum in white shorts" category..(this is for you Spidergirl!!!)
that prize is now apparently squarely in Mal Michael's corner!!
Floreat Pica!
PS The really worrying realisation from Last night was that channel seven is going to use Paul Couch as a special comments man again.
Sheesh.....he's worse than Micky McGuane...Paul merely watches the slowmo replay and tells us every detail all over again as if we missed it first time round....BORING, BORING, BORING.

petro 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2000 6:58 am

I agree with all of you, last night performance from the boys was good. Not just the pressure that put on port but also with their skill, I think it has inporved alot from last year. Hopefully it is a sign of good things to come for us this year.

Brad Smith is one of the worst ruckmen I have seen in my life, hopefully Mc Kee can play better than that piece lard Smith.

I@n S 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2000 1:50 pm

I am most impressed with the impact MM has made. Players are going harder at the ball, tackling stronger and kicking more with less hand passing. Great to see them winning the ball out of the middle than we have in passed years. If this team we played with looked good imagine a side with all our best players in it. I am also impressed by the way Richo played because he looks like a new player and not the tall lanky useless player of old. In fact I don’t recall seeing one bad Collingwood player in the game. Maybe the odd mistake by one or two players but nothing you can call pathetic.
!!!CARN THE PIES!!!
carnthepies 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2000 7:22 am

Please, it's just a bit soon to be talking about restored pride.

Let's review the situation:
pre-season comp:
* flogged by last year's flag runner-ups (hate those Blues)
* downed by middle of ladder Port

Now, if we flog Fremantle, what does that tell us?

There's still a long way to go to a final 8 spot - and a flag in 7 or so months looks Pie-in-the-sky.

There were good signs and there's plenty more where that came from, but let's not get carried away.

I@n S 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2000 9:46 am

No Carnthepies we all need to be possitive. Stop that negitive talk.
Go Pies
Magpie mick 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2000 4:45 pm

Yes,what a fantastic feeling it was to see our team so competitive again.I think after nine years since the grand final,we finally hit rock bottom at the millenium game,and things are now slowly starting to turn in our favor.
I was also impressed at the enthusiasm and determination our players showed at Moron park.
And for Leon Davis, absolutely electrifying.I just hope he is carful;anyone who can accelerate like that is in danger of going down with serious Knee injury.
Iets keep our fingers crossed. Go Pies!

Mick 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2000 4:15 am

It was a heartening performance but when you sit back it sounds an awful lot like last year - competitive but not quite good enough to win.

Leon Davis showed a lot and will improve with fitness. Baynes only took one grab but unlike past tall recruits has the build to play seniors - we'll wait and see. Johnson also impressed as knowing how to get it and use it. As did Adkins. Both still light but a lot of potential. Shaw's game was OK in the back pocket. Betheras stood up in the middle and Lica wasn't too bad (still very left sided). Kinnear did a great blanket job on Tredrea and Presti was solid. They need a creative backman or two to help out.

Ukovic was soft and let Cornes steal the game. Lane was down but we know he can be better - don't be surprised to see more of him up forward this year. Smith is pathetic - I'm yet to see him get a hit out (NB Smithy - it may help if you raise your arms above your head). We will really struggle against teams with good ruckmen as what I saw of McKee on NYE wasn't much better. Maybe Sav is the answer in the ruck if we can sort out the forward line. Tuckey has improved his build and kicking but still needs to present himself more regularly. Bucks was great in the forward line and provided the other on-ballers can hold their own may well have found a spot there. The rest of the forwards could do worse than watch a tape of how many times Bucks presented himself as an option in particular Mal Michael who seems to think forward play is merely playing a quarter or two. Freeborn played a good forwards game and looks fitter. Watson was very quiet and needs to lift - we need the experience and hardness back there. Burnsy was down a little but will be better for the run.

Overall some good signs but a lot of improvement required. Fit and firing Roccas and Williams are desperately needed. Tarrant would really give us some flexibility - wasn't he supposed to have decided by now? Get off your tracksuited arse Balmey and get the boy back !

Go Pies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: