Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#1 Jaidyn Stephenson

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Considering how his suspension destabilised the club (and it did), and fans rocking up to every game suffering through the schlock we’ve been serving up since the bye... yeah, he deserves to be a scapegoat for our anger and frustration. And he’s meant to be delivering meals to the elderly but didn’t turn up, nor did he front up in Africa to build an orphanage with Bono. He should have his nose rubbed in the players’ socks after every match!

Totally agree, in 9 weeks the whole season is over, who knows how many weeks we will have now? We lost 2 games by not much and people don’t think he could have been the difference? He could and should have waited 9 weeks, Carey is a tool but this time he’s dead right.

As others said, the whole “nearly” business makes me wonder just what he has learnt.

David he does owe the fans, no fans no club no cushy fun job that could set him up for life if he’s got an ounce of brains and doesn’t piss it all away at the TAB

It’s fuckung cold and $$%^%%$ miserable here, and losing hurts even more.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:59 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
If this stuff proves to be the biggest blue he makes at collingwood over a 15 year career, then we should all sleep very well.

If you mean the alleged blue of posting on social media, then I think that has already been surpassed as the biggest blue.
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:00 pm

While we're at it, let's give JDG another whack for driving whilst on his mobile.
Might regalvinise Guttersnipe Barrett to squeeze some more and make him feel better that his shit was ignored first time round.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:01 pm

think positive wrote:
Carey is a tool but this time he’s dead right.

Carey the footy commentator is always measured and positive about players. People need to stop shooting the messenger.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:55 pm

Quote:
Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley has launched a stinging rebuke on those who criticised banned Pie Jaidyn Stephenson for posting holiday happy snaps with the club in the midst of a poor month of footy.

Stevenson, who was last month slapped with a 10-week suspension by the AFL for betting on games involving the Pies, posted pictures on Instagram of his family getaway to Cairns, which Buckley says the club sanctioned.

“How dare he be human,” a tongue-in-cheek Buckley said on SEN radio this morning.

“What about the ignorance of him to be a human in this environment, I just can’t believe that Stevo would go and live his life with the rubberstamping of the football club and an understanding of what his program has been.

“I just can’t believe that the young kid would do that and that he would be so human, it’s just amazing.”

AFL great Wayne Carey, among others, whacked Stephenson for “letting the club down”.

But Buckley said his young charge had been “exemplary” in the way he carried himself since the suspension.

“He has had a really strong four-week block where pretty much he’s the best player on the track because he’s chipping into the club’s endeavours the best way that he possibly can,” Buckley said.

“We collectively (decided) — and this is part of his plan — was to spend a week away with his family to recharge and then to come back for another month of heavy training block to prepare him for whatever’s beyond that.

“The young fella has been exemplary in the way that he’s carried himself, I don’t know how many times that I have to say that, but it doesn’t get any cut through because it’s not sexy enough, it’s not controversial enough.

“Unfortunately when Collingwood’s not going well or when we are going well it seems to be ‘we’ll find evidence to why it’s the best it’s ever been or the worst it’s ever been and we just can’t sit in the middle’, it’s not the done thing.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/nathan-buckley-backs-banned-pie-jaidyn-stephenson-over-holiday-snaps/news-story/4ee0be4d928ab6c4701a32e293197a4b

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:59 pm

If I'm wrong, and Bucks is telling the truth, I'll eat my scarf.

If the club is telling a few fibs to cover up a deeper problem, well I'm already suffering enough from our crap form since the bye.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:14 am

RudeBoy wrote:
This thread is an absolute disgrace.

Thank Christ players are advised not to look at social media drivel.

Well if I was a player coming out of a brutal Monday review meeting and I'm seeing "happy snaps" from Hotel Pool Cairns, I'd be pissed off. As a fan, I am ropeable. Each to their own.

E 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:33 am

https://www.afl.com.au/video/2019-07-23/roo-speaks-on-low-blow-bucks-whacks-critics

I think in this video, Bucks has a message for the armchair critics who have no idea of the facts!!

E 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:38 am

RudeBoy wrote:
This thread is an absolute disgrace.

spot on mate! Collingwood fans at their best are the very very best and at their worst, they are generally embarrassing.

I warned everyone at the start of the year that given the heightened expectations this year, it was going to be only disappointment, since the success we would have would be unappreciated due to expectations.

If we were 11-6 and in fourth place last year (and just 10 days removed from beating the reigning premiers in their fortress), the place would have been rocking with excitement. As it stands, we are 4th on the ladder with an unfortunately long injury list. There is a plan to get all of our best 22 back (other than Langdon - and Quaynor/Scharenberg could potentially plug that hole).

Then come finals time, we will see what we will see.

Sadly though, human nature is....well.... human!

And some people make better knockers than fans!

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:49 am
Post subject: Jaidyn StevensonReply with quote

Well, well. Considering the vitriol coming from our own supporters about Stevo being away on a break, I can understand Bucks giving him time away from this environment. It must be difficult for this young man who has been disciplined quite heavily, and who has come under so much criticism and scrutiny to have to cop all that.
The club is trying to deal with him in his best interest so that when he returns he will be mentally fresh as well as physically prepared.
However his posting on social media, which I did see at the time, has now added to more discussion and criticism.
I agree that probably someone should have suggested just "Whats App" your friends instead.
So annoyed at all these distractions.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:52 am

RudeBoy wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

If players are addicted to overexposing themselves on social media, those are the players I'd guess are also addicted to looking at "social media drivel", whether they are advised to or not. (And whoever is supposedly doing that advising should be advising them not to post in self-harming ways either.)
Uncle Jack Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:53 am

With how obviously dangerous our training track is to the playing lists' soft tissues, a prudent approach would be to tell Stevo not to return till finals. 4 weeks of in pool training and he'll be cherry ripe!
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:31 am

Oh poor little victim Jaiden. Boo hoo. He $$%^%%$ bet on AFL matches — he bet on himself! And it was a lot more than the reported $36, let me tell you. Betting on AFL matches is a $$%^%%$ no-brainer, you do not do it. So **** him and **** Bucks for playing the victim card. The little shit deserves a whack. Suck it up, princess.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:09 am

The next holiday is planned for Bon Beach.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:49 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Oh poor little victim Jaiden. Boo hoo. He $�$%^%%$ bet on AFL matches — he bet on himself! And it was a lot more than the reported $36, let me tell you. Betting on AFL matches is a $�$%^%%$ no-brainer, you do not do it. So **** him and **** Bucks for playing the victim card. The little shit deserves a whack. Suck it up, princess.

Oh, please.

Nowhere have I seen Jaidyn playing the victim. He has accepted his suspension and admitted he did the wrong and was stupid.

What people are questioning is the over the top reaction to him going away with his family for a holiday.

It must be the weather because everyone seems cold and grumpy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 50 of 128   

Jump to: