Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nick Davis - Norwich Rising Star Nominee

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 1999 2:45 am
Post subject: Nick Davis - Norwich Rising Star NomineeReply with quote

Obviously the AFL could no longer ignore the call from Nick's Bulletin Board subscribers to give Nick 'Young Boofa' Davis the nod for the Norwich Rising Star nomination. After 5 rounds he is already showing great consistency, it will be a great challenge for him to shake off the tags for the rest of the year.

------------------
Damien
George M 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 1999 2:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Davis has been nominated, he must be an early favourite to win.

It's been a few years since our last nomination of Andrew Shauble (unless Mal Micheal got nominated) and before that I think it was Sav Rocca in 1994. This shows our slow progress in introducing young players. This season we may get up to 5 nominations (Davis, Wasley, Scotland, Jacotine, Oborne). We are finally playing young players and looking to the future. If we are going to lose games, let's at least lose by blooding these players.

Lozza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 1999 6:51 pm

Totally agree with you George. I think for Collingwood to build a solid base for the future we need to have at least 4-5 nominations for the Norwich Rising Star award this year (as opposed to 1 every 2 years). Blokes like Davis, Jacotine, Scotland, Butheras, Oborne & Tarrant(???) are the players that are certainly candidates for the award and are the future of this club.

A few weeks ago I made mention of Jason Wild and his INABILITY to play league footy (I still can't believe I was actually criticised by some moron who defended Jason Wild's position in the team. NRB where are you???). I believe Robert Walls made mention in one of his articles recently that we should not persist with tried and tested players who have been around but still not made it. Does J.W fit into that catergory?? You're dead right he does!!

It's amazing that the first week that J.W gets dropped, we blood some young new players (with some skill), who actually get some game time and look what happens, we played our best game of the season. Surely this is where our future lies. Out with the old, in with the new. There is no doubt that J.W (sorry to harp on this bloke, but I can't help it) has had his time and chance to prove himself and it hasn't and won't happen! It's time to go Jason. Give these new kids a go. Give them a chance to prove themselves. It definately worked on ANZAC Day. I think thats enough proof of what we should be doing.

I don't think we'll win many games at all this year (maybe 6 or 7). We have to accept that. Collingwood should have rebuilded three or four years ago, but we must do it now if we are to see any success in the next 2-3 years. So don't expect any miracles, don't expect to make the final eight or even get close this year. As long as we are doing the right thing with our youth then we will see success in the future (maybe next year).

Please Collingwood, do the right thing!!!
LONG LIVE THE PIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Does Lee Walker qualify for a Norwich Rising Star nomination hahahaha????

nrb 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 1999 6:18 am

Lozza, I can't believe that there are still people out there who think that anyone that doesn't agree with them is a moron!!! I had hoped that style of thinking had passed with the former Collingwood Board.
However it may also be worth going back and reading what I actually said about Jason Wild. My only desire here is for Collingwood to be successful. My support for Jason Wild is based on his wholehearted courage and endeavour. Jason lacks skills and as I pointed out in the message that you were so aghast about, I don't believe Jason would get a game in another AFL side. Neither am I campaigning for his selection in our side. I would however prefer to have Jason Wild in the side giving 110% all of the time, than some players that drop their heads as soon as it gets tough and give up. I hope you don't think that Wild is oblivious to all the criticism that is levelled at him, yet he continues to give his all for the Black and White. You may also remember that there have been several other players in the past that have had very similar criticisms heaped upon them, Jason McCartney and Brent James are two that spring to mind. Could it be that we just aren't developing players to their potential. Some of our new young players have us all excited, but that is because they are brimmimg with talent , talent that would come out regardless of which club they were at and who they had mentoring them and assisting their development. My major concern is for all of those players that we could have gotten a lot more out of but didn't. The proof of this is clearly seen through all of the ex-collingwood players who were "just not good enough" for Collingwood, were traded and then became very good players at another club under a better development system.

Pete the Pieman 

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 1999 8:04 am

NRB, you should sign as NOEP (Not One Eyed Pie) - you make fair comment.

BUT, let's hope we don't need the J boy again this season.

------------------
Pete the Pieman

Adam Felton 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 1999 4:54 am

I'm going to jump in on the Jason Wild argument. I think that he can't be compared to McCartney or James because both of them had class. Jason Wild has very little class all he can do is try hard. I think there is a spot in the team for him when we play against teams with strong on ballers because he does the blanketing role pretty well.

Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 1999 12:55 pm

Gee, some really good lively debate here this week. I especially liked the "team" posted the other day here......the one of all the potential discards: read: should have been discarded.
Now back to Wild and Presti.
Whilst I agree both boys are very limited, I also believe they deserve their spots and should be there again this week.
I know it caused a few foreign raised eye brows but I really thought Presti did a fair job down back last week.....anyone see his opponent doing a lot of dominating??
Of course, he has height too. Something we're mighty short of at present.
As for Wild, I'll keep supporting him basically there's nothing better is there?
He puts in; body always on the line..which is also something we're short of right now.
The whole football department can't be collectively stupid...we have some good football brains on board now...they KNOW that Wild is very limited. They also know he gives 100 percent and Jesus we need that.
Evening Bill!
Come on guys get off the Presti/Wild thing....there's more to our team's ills than a couple of hacks' average efforts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: