Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Hawthorn's version of the Do Better report

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Born to Pie wrote:
Yeah put it all down people, make your judgement now, why wait! What happened to the presumption of innocence? "It used to be fashion amongst men that when a charge was made, proof was brought forward to establish it, and if no proof was found to exist, the charge was dropped." A. Lincoln 15/9/1858

I agree. The presumption of innocence needs to be upheld.

The allegations are disturbing, but we've only heard one side of the story so it's important to reserve judgment. We'll see what the AFL investigation determines before making any conclusive judgments one way or another.

Clarkson, Fagan and Burt are entitled to a right of reply before they're completely written off by the AFL and the general public. If they have evidence to rebut the allegations, defamation lawsuits will be coming I suspect.

Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:40 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Seriously? He did nothing wrong. It was on footy classified and he was correct to say sending one email to a club’s public email address is not due diligence, especially with what was going to print. Russell Jackson sounds like an amateur accusing Eddie of smearing his name. Twitter is not journalism. Nor is making Eddie the bigger headline ffs.

Except that Russell Jackson disputes Eddie's version of events, and has evidence (receipts I believe is the term the kids use) of the efforts he went to to contact both, and no, not through a public email address.

As usual, Eddie Everywhere went off half cocked on national TV without having the facts...which he wouldn't, given his total lack of involvement with either the report or the article.

Its great he is no longer a mouthpiece for the Club, as this, along with many many other, examples prove.

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:51 pm

I've had a 40 year old memory flood back. When as an apprentice at a large well respected Corporation, my most senior boss dragged me into the office and requested I give up my footy career [it wasn't going anywhere] as injuries were interfering with work.

How would that situation be handled nowadays?
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:53 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Seriously? He did nothing wrong. It was on footy classified and he was correct to say sending one email to a club’s public email address is not due diligence, especially with what was going to print. Russell Jackson sounds like an amateur accusing Eddie of smearing his name. Twitter is not journalism. Nor is making Eddie the bigger headline ffs.

Except that Russell Jackson disputes Eddie's version of events, and has evidence (receipts I believe is the term the kids use) of the efforts he went to to contact both, and no, not through a public email address.

As usual, Eddie Everywhere went off half cocked on national TV without having the facts...which he wouldn't, given his total lack of involvement with either the report or the article.

Its great he is no longer a mouthpiece for the Club, as this, along with many many other, examples prove.

My thoughts exactly.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:50 pm

The statements from the 3 young First Nations women.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YW4chWgAJTV_BMSd_4pA4THY_DAUIwcw/view

courtesy of the Herald Sun https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/hawthorn/hawthorn-racism-scandal-read-the-harrowing-allegations-of-former-players-and-their-partners-in-full/news-story/36d0bff581014fa28f5ea0ed0516f3bc

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:45 am

Collingwood released a Do Better review. Hawthorn released a Do Worse.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:37 am

Kennett:
Quote:
"I do not consider this to be a crisis".

https://www.afl.com.au/news/853558/-i-do-not-consider-this-to-be-a-crisis-kennett-on-hawks-report
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:41 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Kennett:
Quote:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/853558/-i-do-not-consider-this-to-be-a-crisis-kennett-on-hawks-report

I’ve never liked this arrogant prick since he privatised the power network and destroyed jobs in the Latrobe Valley. And now he’s criticising indigenous players for speaking with the media!!! What a flog, talk about not reading the room
slangman 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:10 pm

I had a very interesting conversation over the weekend with a sauce close to the hawthorn situation.
I can now understand why a particular player and his partner/friends do not want to cooperate with the AFL investigation and from media reports that Clarkson is willing to sell the family home to cover legal fees to clear his name.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:23 pm

I was thinking last night, that this has gone quiet.

Someone out there needs to go after this hard. Or does that kind of persistent reporting only apply to certain clubs?

Didnt someone in the media say they'd be really surprised if Clarko (and Fagan to a lesser extent) ever coach again? But here we are and they're back in charge at their clubs.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:46 am

Very quiet which makes me think it was all bullshit in the first place.

If there was a whiff of truth, the hound dogs would have sniffed it out.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:06 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Collingwood released a Do Better review. Hawthorn released a Do Worse.

This is not a situation for an 'us against them' comparison.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:08 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Kennett:
Quote:

I’ve never liked this arrogant prick since he privatised the power network and destroyed jobs in the Latrobe Valley. And now he’s criticising indigenous players for speaking with the media!!! What a flog, talk about not reading the room

I was only talking to my Uncle about this yesterday, and the impact on workers and families. He was invloved in the Union pickets and shed some great light / insight to the period. I might start a thread on this, it's a very layered discussion, which I'd be interested in learning more abiut.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: