Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eurovision Song Contest

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick's My Favourite wrote:

London Dave - enjoy the Eurovision song cotest. Give us a report on who wins. .

Xena the Warrior Princess from Ukraine got up, doing some cave girl stomp song dance routine with a few hairy guys wielding whips. I think Serbia got second, but can't remember anything about their song (other than it was complete crap). Lots of men in white suits who couldnt sing. The bird from Sweden was good viewing value. The female contingent at LD manor seemed to think the Norwegian bloke was the winner in the who I'd shag first comp. My man from Bosnia doing his gay Billy Idol ripping off a Rod Stewart song to electro euro beat finished in the middle of nowhere(as the Pies are looking like doing), but upheld the find traditon of Eurovision dorkiness. At least the French didn't win, and it was a great evening to slurp into the cocktails. The poms present felt the umpiring was a little unkind to their entrant (parallels with Pies here too) How anyone could watch that show sober is beyond moi. (another parallel?)
swooper 

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:11 pm

Good review of Eurovision LD - I must admit the songs were just appalling this year (when arent they?) , Ukraine were always going to win, but I though Turkey would have got close!

Ah, so good to not have to stress over the footy when we have silly things like Eurovision to take our minds off it! Wink
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:23 pm

The Ukraine song was shocking. Yeah the visuals were eye candy, but i can't say who should have won because i only tuned in during the voting.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:27 pm

swooper wrote:
Ah, so good to not have to stress over the footy when we have silly things like Eurovision to take our minds off it! Wink

I'm amazed that some people actually take Eurovision seriously...... The only reason I watch it is to see the voting bit at the end.....that sort of thing interests me for some reason.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:36 pm

Cam wrote:
The Ukraine song was shocking. Yeah the visuals were eye candy, but i can't say who should have won because i only tuned in during the voting.

The Ukraine one was one of the only ones with any kind of beat.... but still a terrible song. I can't think of any that were any better though....

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:09 am

David from Canberra wrote:
I'm amazed that some people actually take Eurovision seriously......

I've never met anyone who does, the whole thing is a great pisstake. If you take eurovision seriously, you have many many problems!

No one reckoned my man from Bosnia was the go? disappointing.

Did read a nice review of the Turkish entrant. Said that the Turks had kidnapped Madness, but replaced Suggs with a cross between Johnny Rotten and Limp Bizkit...EuroClass!

anyways, when next year comes around, we'll fire up a thread in VPT. If anyones about over here, the highlight of the Cricklewood social season will welcome you with open arms!
michael Aries

moo

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:49 pm

haha i watched eurovision last year.. i was bored and had no internet on that night..it was scary lol
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:49 pm

hahaha i think i caught a glimpse of the ukraine xena - was that the tune that started out with 'HEY!....HEY!.....HEY HEY HEY!.....HEY!......HEY!....HEY!.....HEY!.........HEY!.......HEY HEY HEY!......HEY!......HEY!.......HEY!.......HEY!.......HEY!.......HEY!......HEY HEY HEY!'
FunkyPieMaster Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:38 pm
Post subject: Go UkraineReply with quote

After coming back to Sydney after watching our beloved Pies get beaten by the shitty Saints it was good to see Ukraine finally chalking up a win on the international stage.

I don't care how shitty their song was (as if the rest weren't, this is Eurovision remember) they still performed better than the rest and had a good sort singing.

So go the mighty Ukraine, I might even go to Kiev next year and attend the concert!

We didn't get our 40 acres and a mule
But you're my piece of the rock
And I love you CC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: