Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

UK Based Supporters

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> London Supporters Group and Putney Magpies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DopeyDipper 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:52 am
Post subject: UK Based SupportersReply with quote

Hi All,

I've been a long-time stalker on these pages, I'd say since about 2003 when I was about 16 and living in Mildura. I've now based in London for the past 7 years and still haven't missed a live game of Collingwood, it sometimes means getting up at 4 a.m. for weekend day games or 'work' during the Friday night games that kick off around 10:30 a.m. here.

I was wondering if there are any other one-eye supporters based in London who are as crazy as I am. I would love to have people to chat with Collingwood or watch games with who are in the same timezone!

I've already got tickets to go to the pub at 4 a.m. for the Grand Final next week for some possible breakfast beers, hopefully we can beat GWS on Friday!
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Give this a crack :

https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewforum.php?f=21

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:04 am

I'm in Manchester, at the moment. Probably won't watch either game - I came here to get away from watching Collingwood lose Grand Finals. If they win, I'll watch the replays.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:20 am

I must admit the trauma of losing a PF or GF is always hard not to think about, especially with our history of grabbing defeat from the jaws of Victory. While I always choose to watch the game, one thing I can’t do is to watch a losing GF replay, so I have never seen one. The disappointment and grief after high expectations is bone shattering. Desperately don’t want to revisit this awful situation again.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:11 pm

Lived in the UK (30km north of London) between 2015-2017. Had the time of my life. Saw the most random thing in a pub in Dunstable... Dees top with Dawes name and number 6 on the back.

I also met Hulk Hogan in an Aussie themes pub in London. He put my Mrs in a headlock. One of the highlights of my life that was.

derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:01 pm
Post subject: Re: UK Based SupportersReply with quote

DopeyDipper wrote:
Hi All,

I've been a long-time stalker on these pages, I'd say since about 2003 when I was about 16 and living in Mildura. I've now based in London for the past 7 years and still haven't missed a live game of Collingwood, it sometimes means getting up at 4 a.m. for weekend day games or 'work' during the Friday night games that kick off around 10:30 a.m. here.

I was wondering if there are any other one-eye supporters based in London who are as crazy as I am. I would love to have people to chat with Collingwood or watch games with who are in the same timezone!

I've already got tickets to go to the pub at 4 a.m. for the Grand Final next week for some possible breakfast beers, hopefully we can beat GWS on Friday!

I grew up in Melbourne moved to Mildura in 2015.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> London Supporters Group and Putney Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: