Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Country PF1

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Asclepius wrote:
You just did discuss it.

It is not about booing indigenous people or culture, it's about whether we need to have a "Welcome to Country" dogmatically and frequently shoved down our throats.

The "Welcome" at today's final in Brisbane was exceptionally good and appropriate. I recommend that you watch it if you can find it. Uncle Russel (I think he said it was) specified it wasn't going to be about Indigenous history, instead taking the crowd through a rousing "Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi"

Brilliant.

I hate that bloke and what he does. In my eyes the WTC it’s supposed to be an acknowledgement of indigenous culture. This guy turns it into a vaudeville show. It doesn’t help that I despise that $£$%^%%$ chant at the best of times. Bogan bullshit.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:21 am

Unless something is partcularly egregious, most people of a certain maturity simply bite their tongues and let others have their moment.

But then we're not dealing with mature adults here, are we? The self-entitled toddler lacks the ability to grasp that it's not all about them, all the time.

We get the very same sort of tantrums on the far left, which can't bite its tongue for five minutes to let others have their moment on, say, special remembrance days.

Perhaps the two could unite and start the It's All About Me Party? We could even set aside a special day of whining once a year. Supermarkets could polish their floors especially for the occasion, allowing proper toddler tantrums in the aisles.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:23 pm

Feel free to thrash out your views here, but this subject quickly becomes a lightning rod for broader views that have little to do with our Club, hence moving it to The Tavern.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:33 pm

dalyc wrote:
Asclepius wrote:
You just did discuss it.

It is not about booing indigenous people or culture, it's about whether we need to have a "Welcome to Country" dogmatically and frequently shoved down our throats.

The "Welcome" at today's final in Brisbane was exceptionally good and appropriate. I recommend that you watch it if you can find it. Uncle Russel (I think he said it was) specified it wasn't going to be about Indigenous history, instead taking the crowd through a rousing "Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi"

Brilliant.

I hate that bloke and what he does. In my eyes the WTC it’s supposed to be an acknowledgement of indigenous culture. This guy turns it into a vaudeville show. It doesn’t help that I despise that $�$%^%%$ chant at the best of times. Bogan bullshit.

It was awesome

It was inclusive, not devising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: