Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2024 pre-season hit-out

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Take_a_Screamer wrote:
^ Elliot may have been a little off so far but he's got thru the practice matches uninjured. We know what he's capable of doing. He will build up during the long season and contribute to victories. What counts is to be in peak form and fitness before the finals, right?

I would say that we need him to be in good form during the season and in peak form and fitness before the finals.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:57 pm

With the possibility of a long absence of Nathan Murphy!!
What are the thoughts of blending Charlie Dean into our already tight defence

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:13 pm

Watched the replay of our practice match against Richmond last night.

The first quarter was very rusty with Richmond playing very well but unable to convert on the scoreboard. We found our mojo in the second and third quarters with our transition and high contested ball numbers. The last quarter was run out pretty well with some youngsters getting game time.

Lipinski was outstanding. He was very good in 2022, had setbacks in 2023 but what was able to get back and contribute in the second half of last season and from what I've gathered he's had an excellent off-season so he's primed for a big 2024.

Schultz's running capacity and pressure game is excellent. Will be a very handy forward option for us once he's completely in sync with our structures and patterns of play.

I'm usually one to criticise Cox, but he was very good. Took 10 marks and 3 contested marks, so he dominated aerially which was very promising. If he can sustain that during the season, I can't see him significantly dropping off.

Charlie Dean might be a good option if Nathan Murphy continues to be absent indefinitely. It's good to see that he's back playing after two years of significant setbacks.

The big unanswered question is which player can fill the void left by McStay. Ash Johnson and Nathan Kreuger are the obvious two that need to step up if they want to claim that spot. Johnson has tricks, but needs to add variety to his game as he's a little one-dimensional and Kreuger is perpetually injured.

Overall, it was a good solid session against the Tigers and we should be well prepared come the Opening Round.

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:07 am

Jezza wrote:
Watched the replay of our practice match against Richmond last night..

I did too. I saw the first half, then went to bed. I'll finish watching the rest tonight.

As I watched again, the penny dropped that except for Pendles/Howe, I believe we started with our best team on paper. However, as the game went on, we kept some experienced players and retired others, replacing them with probables and depth.

In the past, I think its always been probables mixed in from the first bounce, but against Richmond, I think we took a more clear approach to selecting the team for round 1.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:27 pm

My opinion was the way they planned/executed this warm up was very good
They kept their best side on the park at same time managing a few
Later thru match they blended some postition players into game
McInness in a forward rolll and Dean in a defence roll. This was good in as much as these two areas have lost personal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: