Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Lions. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
^

TP, they are my exact thoughts. I reckon they have changed the out of bounds rule because they let them go without a whistle so many times 😳 And I think the individual club winners at the best and fairest nights are the best players for consideration for the Brownlow because the club knows it’s best players far better than the maggots who do a lot of guess work.
BTW happy Easter to you!

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:10 pm

Be interesting to see how our Nicks votes go against the coaches votes this week. Naicos, Frampton, Beau, Crisp, Elliot and Bobby all shone across the game plus Neale on the other side. Can't stand Zorko but he was there abouts.
Would love to see Frampton get some coaches votes this week for his consistent efforts across the match blanketing Cletus Daniher, making some great spoils, taking marks and helping to repel the lions attack.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:11 pm

Damien wrote:
It’s the age old dilemma for veterans/legends of your club. They have a say in when/how they depart vs what’s best for the club and its future.
Do you want a serviceable player in his twilight years vs a young gun who might be putting out equal value on the field but more importantly gaining valuable experience.

Sidey is not keeping a young gun out of the side they always come in
He is keeping a role player out, Any young mid in the VFL has to show reasons to be promoted

Naicos plays along side him Carmichael doesnt and others

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:26 pm

Collingwood are STILL EVOLVING...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3DVs_kRk1g

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Nearly 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:25 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Neale wasn’t 100% after he came back on, let’s face it.

I congratulate the selectors for sticking with Titch. I for one thought that after his performance against St Kilda, he should be dropped. But our selectors showed that it was not merely loyalty that saw them stick with Titch, but their accurate knowledge that he was the only player we have who could go with Neale. I will endeavour to remember this next time I feel that the selectors are making mistakes!!

Wonder if they considered McReery for a tagging role
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:06 pm

I reckon they have considered tagging but if the Coaches are true to their word and want the players to go out there and be themselves and play their game to the best of their abilities, well we don't really have a genuine tagger in our 23.

Someone not quite good enough to make it as a player but tough and mongrel enough to make that role good and then occasionally be in the right place at the right time towards the ends of quarters or end of the game when the player being tagged has fatigued.

I reckon our coaches want individual players and swarms of players to take that role in different circumstances and it all translates to pressure on the ball carrier. The fwd pressure on the defending ball carrier from Beau, Billy, Bobby and Shultz is one example to give time for our defenders to choose what to do next. Then defenders can choose to come up at the player with the ball to try to force the error. That then enables the 45 kick into the centre or the midfield swarm, overlap and forward handball. That really seems to be our MO.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:30 pm

Kudos to little Johnny Noble, he was indeed noble. I will always maintain, he should have been in our Premiership team , rather than the nitwit race track goer, now with the piss and poop, 100%.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:05 pm

Finally caught up after having no reception all week. Skipped the second qtr. anyone have a theory as to what happened? Lack of pressure and run corrected by Crisp? McRae stuck in the old adage of better than VFL not up to AFL?
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:30 pm

If Pendles and Mitchell and DeGoey were in the midfield with Macrae. Who do you reckon was calling the shots? Let’s judge the kid on how he comes back in future games, not the one quarter.

Most of the pies juniors are starved of seniors game time, they’re not all Nick Daicos. It comes with having a successful team with a lot of 100, 150 and 200 gamers. The continued exposure and experience should help Macrae. Otherwise these juniors have just come to the pies at a bad time. There was opportunity 6-10 years ago when a lot of this group arrived. There will be more opportunity in 2 or 3 years time once all those experienced players clear the decks.

We should persevere with a few of these players otherwise we’ll end up having to replace 10 in one go and that won’t work. Pies need to get games into Macrae and Allen and co otherwise the transition over the next few years will be awful

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:23 am

^Agree
Disagree about taggers good side dont need or have them
At most they have a player good enough to be there who can play that role for a quarter

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:38 am

I just hope our form was good enough against the Lions and it just wasn't they were deflated over that sh#tshow of their end of season Vegas hangover.
I saw enough to suggest we played ourselves int some semblance of form closer to what we know, I'm just not getting carried away with it.
Some of that Lions Vegas stuff is simply Club destabilising.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:17 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
I just hope our form was good enough against the Lions and it just wasn't they were deflated over that sh#tshow of their end of season Vegas hangover.

One thing that made it easier for us is that the Lions are very predictable in their ball movement, particularly moving it into the forward fifty. Coleman being out makes them even more predictable. Darcy and Co always had a fair idea where the ball was going in and were able to set up accordingly.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:48 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
think positive wrote:
^

TP, they are my exact thoughts. I reckon they have changed the out of bounds rule because they let them go without a whistle so many times 😳 And I think the individual club winners at the best and fairest nights are the best players for consideration for the Brownlow because the club knows it’s best players far better than the maggots who do a lot of guess work.
BTW happy Easter to you!

Cheers mate , thankyou,
Hope you and yours had a great Easter too xx

K 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:02 pm

Haff wrote:
Finally caught up after having no reception all week. Skipped the second qtr. anyone have a theory as to what happened? Lack of pressure and run corrected by Crisp? McRae stuck in the old adage of better than VFL not up to AFL?

Lachie Neale.
In fairness to the Pies, he does have two Brownlow Medals.

Pete 70 wrote:
Watching the last quarter again. Go figure. A few observations:

1 I rate Hipwood, and would love him up forward, and he had 3 disposals up to the last. Made me think I’d love a ton of first round draft picks but system and work effort will beat that any day.
...l.

Has a megacontract, but maybe if he keeps stinking up the joint for long enough (a year), Brissy'll consider trading him cheap?
K 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:31 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
We’re getting there but collectively our ball handling still needs to improve because we’re still giving up way to many scores from our own turnovers.

In the first half there were so many clangers and turnovers from both sides, it looked like not a GF "replay" but the Lukosius Cup. Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: