Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pump Port. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

A little fun fact from the game.
The two players who covered the most territory for both teams on the day were Sidebottom ( 15ks ) and then Jaicos (14.6 ) Both are our wingers and both were instrumental in presenting as extra support over the entire day.
While I’m in agreement that Sidebottom isn’t quite the same player he once was ( which is totally understandable at 33 ) his efforts to still get up and down the ground can’t be questioned.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:05 pm

Jezza wrote:
23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
Just going through records and yesterday was the biggest turnaround from deficit to winning margin since 1995
And top 5 of all time
At 1 minute we were at the stage 40 points down
Then won by 42 points

What are you saying?

The biggest deficit yesterday was 31 points in the latter stages of the first quarter. It was nowhere near the biggest comeback in this century alone, let alone since 1995.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1085515/the-biggest-comebacks-in-afl-history-carlton-blues-win-over-brisbane-lions-the-largest-since-2015

Jez, perhaps he meant by Collingwood, and not the other sides.

Even so, I was thinking about a North Melbourne game from about 10 years ago, where we were getting flogged, until Elliott produced a 2nd half turn-around - remember that one?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:51 pm

I'm no stats person, but a turn around of 73 points, having been down by 31 and then winning by 42, is certainly one of the biggest turnarounds by any team which I can recall. Then again, I can't remember what I had for breakfast. Confused
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:48 pm

On the socials someone was condemning both clubs for not doing a guard of honour for Chelsea Roffeys 300th game as a goal ump.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:49 pm

My first win in attendance since the GF. Felt pretty good.
CPtechno12 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:10 pm

piedys wrote:
Jezza wrote:
23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:
Just going through records and yesterday was the biggest turnaround from deficit to winning margin since 1995
And top 5 of all time
At 1 minute we were at the stage 40 points down
Then won by 42 points

What are you saying?

The biggest deficit yesterday was 31 points in the latter stages of the first quarter. It was nowhere near the biggest comeback in this century alone, let alone since 1995.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1085515/the-biggest-comebacks-in-afl-history-carlton-blues-win-over-brisbane-lions-the-largest-since-2015

Even so, I was thinking about a North Melbourne game from about 10 years ago, where we were getting flogged, until Elliott produced a 2nd half turn-around - remember that one?

39 points down at half time.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:44 pm

piedys wrote:

Maybe you're right, Dyso. It was difficult to extrapolate what he was saying.

You're referring to the Round 9 2015 match where we trailed by 39 points at HT, and went on to win the game by 17 points.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2015/041220150531.html

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:10 am

Presti35 wrote:
On the socials someone was condemning both clubs for not doing a guard of honour for Chelsea Roffeys 300th game as a goal ump.

Fair call., The players congregated around the outer wing area and looked like they were going to, but alas, it didn't happen.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:50 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

Fair call., The players congregated around the outer wing area and looked like they were going to, but alas, it didn't happen.

The 2002 Grand Final has tainted goal umpires for me until the day I leave this mortal coil.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:14 am

^^^^

I have to admit that I’m also in that same group and still haven’t gotten over the blatant cheating that happened and the AFL’s totally apathetic attitude and response towards it. I cannot imagine a better view than I had of the kick, having got a last minute ticket that was literally in the very last seats on the Southern Stand high up. I was directly behind the kick and it looked like it was going to miss but at the last second faded towards the goals and went through about a foot inside. I remember the opposition fans initially all bowing their heads in sadness and when it was then called a goal, they went ape shit laughing their arses off in relief. That experience taught me to never forgive and forget any atrocity done to me. It was blatant, unambiguous cheating 🤬

Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

Thats what I thought too. Looked like they were going over there, but nothing happened. Did someone bugger it up and tell them too late?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: