Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anzac Day. Pies v. Dons.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got home from Mt Evelyn Dawn service, lovely bush setting, kookaburras chirping, big crowd, to remember my Dad, 6yrs WW2, Lieutenant, and 3 Great Uncles all killed in WW1. Very moving. Now all fired up for the big match, time to show the arrogant Dons who has the REAL EDGE. ! Woods by 14 -22 points. Go Woods. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think better 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:26 am

Everyone knows that after the Edge there's just a cliff
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:31 am

I’m not sure what the plan is for Harrison but to pull him out of the VFL team seems a bit excessive if the plan is / was to only play him as sub. They could have easily only played him for a half last week if their thinking is to make him the sub today. I hope Harrison gets a full game today, he’s an improved version and a bigger body on last year and a good showing would at least give us some confidence on the next wave coming through.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

^ He'll be sub. Reef would have been if not for the forward line clicking into gear last weekend.

That makes Reef superfluous to our needs and Harvey comes in as sub.

joemamone@gmail.com 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:07 pm

So Reef is omitted. Wonderful! I just do not think they are using him to match his strengths. There is no dare in selection all is same same, quite vanilla really.
the fuzz 

Fuzz loves Bruzz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:24 pm

^ Why go for a daring selection after we finally clicked last week?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:38 pm

In two minds about this match.

The 5-day turnaround still concerns me. We played excellent football last Saturday and our pressure numbers were very high but I just hope that doesn't leave us flat footed with a shorter than usual turnaround. Our best football is better than Essendon's when all things are equal, but Essendon are capable of an upset if they put their best foot forward and we're a little off in key metrics.

On the other hand, I think Essendon opting to play Goldstein, Draper, Jones and Wright all in the one team will leave them too top heavy and slow, which could allow us easy run to pressure and transition. I was expecting them to drop Draper, so it's interesting they're going for height and aerial dominance to beat us.

We always play well on Anzac Day. We've won 13 of our last 17 in the fixture and we have a 17-1-10 head to head record in our favour. Hopefully we keep maintaining this good record.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:52 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Just got home from Mt Evelyn Dawn service, lovely bush setting, kookaburras chirping, big crowd, to remember my Dad, 6yrs WW2, Lieutenant, and 3 Great Uncles all killed in WW1. Very moving. Now all fired up for the big match, time to show the arrogant Dons who has the REAL EDGE. ! Woods by 14 -22 points. Go Woods. !!

So thankful for your dad’s service, what a courageous man.
Piesnchess, I’m extremely nervous but also excited in a way. My ‘gut’ feeling is that we should win because I couldn’t ‘stomach’ a loss 🤓 Funny enough I agree with your predicted margin of around 2 - 3 goals. Go ‘pies!

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:59 pm

joemamone@gmail.com wrote:
So Reef is omitted. Wonderful! I just do not think they are using him to match his strengths. There is no dare in selection all is same same, quite vanilla really.

😳 😳 Sorry but I don’t get your point. I’d much rather be vanilla and win than be daring and lose 🙄 I mean it would have been daring to pick a Carmichael or Johnson but I’ prefer to play safe and win with the known form rather than risk the unpredictable, inconsistent form shown by daring selections.

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:20 pm

Reef only played a few mins, and may be better off playing a full VFL game this week.

Harrison (if sub) with or without the slight chance of rain, could inject some pace pain after half-time.

I'm happy to see either, actually. Both in the same boat, needing exposure at the top level, and both need to be seen where they are at. Both have the potential to be long term.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:54 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
joemamone@gmail.com wrote:

😳 😳 Sorry but I don’t get your point. I’d much rather be vanilla and win than be daring and lose 🙄 I mean it would have been daring to pick a Carmichael or Johnson but I’ prefer to play safe and win with the known form rather than risk the unpredictable, inconsistent form shown by daring selections.

Your point has nothing to do with his point. He’s talking about Reef being omitted & your talking about two players being included who were never in consideration. Picking Carmichael or Ash would not be daring it would be bloody stupid. There is no one currently playing VFL who would be thought of as a daring selection. The depth is minimal at the moment.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:56 pm

If there is a bit of rain and the ball becomes slippery,
watch out! Essendon big men will drop marks and our small men
will run riot. I think Magpies by 5 goals.

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:02 pm

It’s only round seven but this game feels like there’s more riding on this than previous ANZAC day matches. We’re looking for confirmation that the Pies are back in town and the Bombers are desperate to show they can knock off one of the big boys. There’s going to be a lot of narrative around this outcome.
Statistically, our biggest turnaround is from where our scoring origins have come from. Last year, it came from opposition turnovers in our defence but this year our turnaround has coincided with the pressure that comes from retaining the ball in our forward line. Based on that, the formula for success is pretty simple. Win more ball in midfield than they do and have our front six at their defensive best when it goes in. Might also explain why Harrison was picked over McInnes. Surely this one is going to be close.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:02 pm

I was puzzled too about Harrison
Thought he was a half forward, not a midfielder.

Harrison has been made the Sub.
Good luck Magpies, may the best team win (i.e.Magpies).

Congratulations to Scott Pendlebury for reaching 10,000 disposals today.

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: