Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

John Howard - our moral pygmy.......and others

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snow24 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawke and Menzies = undefeated (Well atleast I think Menzies was undefeated)

Johnny got done like a dinner by Hawkie's charisma and another moronic conservative you all no doubt love by the name of Joh Bjelke-Petersen in 1987.

And I wouldn't say overall popularity and time served are necessarily synomynous.

I'm agreeing to disagree
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:41 am

Huh. . . . Thats interesting
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:45 am

Nah 3d, Alf's Alf, I think that explains it all. Wink
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:26 am

snow24 wrote:
Hawke and Menzies = undefeated

Hawke undefeated? he got beaten in the party room by low life scum Keating!

And to make it worse he cried like a baby in front of the entire world! now that was embarrassing!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Eunos 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:28 am

creedymagpie wrote:

And to make it worse he cried like a baby in front of the entire world! now that was embarrassing!

Two words.........

Malcom
Fraser!
snow24 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:04 pm

Haha thanks Eunos!

Hawkie may have cried about his daughter's drug problem or when we won the America's Cup and stuff like that but I know for a fact he did not cry at the press conference announcing his resignation. That is just plain bullshit.

And his election record is 4 wins 0 losses. And he didn't win by playing wedge politics with asylum seekers or interest rate scare campaigns, he won because the Australian people loved him.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:16 pm

Cant believe that Downer was included in the list of hacks. are you people paying attention or what? alexander Downer is probably the best performed politician we have. He has risen above the current crop, and has acheived statesman level.
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:28 am

snow24 wrote:
but I know for a fact he did not cry at the press conference announcing his resignation. That is just plain bullshit.

I think you will find that he did!

snow24 wrote:
win by playing wedge politics with asylum seekers or interest rate scare campaigns, he won because the Australian people loved him.

Michael Kroger was so right on Election night. The Labor Party keep making excuses for why you keep losing instead of copping it on the chin! and you want to know how sad they are? You have listed 2 of the excuses above! That is another reason why we are still in Government!

How about agreeing that John Howard did what the majority of Australians approved of in the tampa issue.

Quote:
Interest rate scare campaign

Cast your mind back to 1993 and the scare campaign that Keating did on the GST saying that it would be 15% extra on everything and withholding the truth that other very unfair taxes would be abolished in the name of Tax reform.

You can say that is why Hewson lost that Election, but i wouldnt like to make excuses i will leave that for the whinging Lefties!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
snow24 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:56 am

nuxta wrote:
Cant believe that Downer was included in the list of hacks. are you people paying attention or what? alexander Downer is probably the best performed politician we have. He has risen above the current crop, and has acheived statesman level.

HAHAHAH. I don't know why I bother with you people. Alexander Downer would have to be one of the worst foreign ministers ever to hold the position. Give me Gareth Evans and Kevin Rudd anyday! (No doubt you moron conservatives will feel the need to mention Cheryl Kernot) His leadership in 1995 was a complete farce and he along with Johnny have almost undone all the good work Keating and Evans did with Asia.

As for excuses creedymagpie,

A few facts on Asylum seekers:

Aggregate yearly Australian immigration intake is 110,000.

Number of asylum seekers (most of whom are extremely desperate and poor) who were trying to get into the country in 2001 was 7,000.

Howard sexed that issue up like no other and it clearly won him the election. He has sinced softened the Coalition policy on it but we still havn't even got a coastguard FFS!

We'll see how the Coalition goes next election with their keeping interest rates low and superior economic managers mantra when the Australian economy will have, or will be extremely close, to going into a recesssion due to a world slowdown, inflationary wage prices in skill shortage areas, and our crippling 140% household debt to income ratio.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:00 pm

Problems in Asia? That wouldn't have anything to do with a certain Malaysian Prime Minister who jailed his ex-sidekick for BS crimes? You will find that many of the negative press came from the mouth of that moron.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:01 pm

How will I find this out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: