Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The draft debate is hotting up

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 1999 3:22 am
Post subject: The draft debate is hotting upReply with quote

The draft debate is hotting up. Freo is a threat to our last spot. Pity the Tigers couldn't do the right thing the other week because I can't see the shockers winning again - they face StKilda West Coast Port Hawthorn Carlton Brisbane Sydney Geelong I can't see them beating any side striving for the 8 and unfortunately 2 of the winnables (Hawthorn & Geelong) are in Melbourne. Which means that we'll have to lose everything until we beat the Lions by a point in stirring circumstances at Vic Park and take bottom spot on percentage.

Where has Rhyce Shaw come from ? Is he a genuine top 20 draftee or are they building him up because of the name ? If we get picks 1&2 do we have to use one of them under the father-son rule? We've got to use this to our advantage. (When will Daics start breeding males? Lets put Bucks out to stud for the rest of the year!).

The delistings will be vital this year. I don't believe we should make wholesale changes as in the past since it decimates our depth. Experienced height however ordinary cannot go. And lets face it we'd get stuff all for Presta, Schaubs, Richo etc - also since they've been so poor we wouldn't have to pay too much surely. These blokes could be managed the same way Essendon has with Wallis The delisted players have to be ones that we believe will never make it. Smith has shown nothing (if he couldn't get a game this year when will he?) and should go if we get Fraser. Raso has shown no indication he will be a quality player - too skinny and no real prescence. Kirwen - hopefully the last of the "atheletes" we draft. Tuckey - jury is still out - couldn't get a sniff when he had to earn it last week and for a tall fella doesn't crunch the packs. Has never kicked bags in the magoos so aren't we expecting a bit much ?His finish to the year will be critical. McDonald - becoming injury prone and if you're to drop experience then he's one who is never BOG. Walker. How many do we need to delist. Believe the old brigade of Monky, Browny & Gav must hang on. All have played vote catching games and their endeavour and attitude will be a vital influence on the youngsters. A couple of deals like the Lane-Mahony trade wouldn't go astray. This deal was good because on face value they seemed equal but Lane is capable of and has been BOG whereas that honour will elude Josh for the rest of his career.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 1999 6:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

keep prestas. he hasn't been that bad. as the commentator said on friday night 'this guy is growing in stature every week'. schaubs needs a big pre-season, he had a shocking one this year, too worried about his commerce degree. raso just needs to slow himself a bit, looks like he still has a lot of nervous energy. keep tuckey; couldn't do anything on friday night because of the rain; but he does hit the packs, he went for a big fly in the first quarter on friday over about 7 people, was lovely. reckon they should give smith a run by the end of the year, just to check him out. looks pretty aggressive, the fans might like him. how about watto? fuller? patto? tape? reckon they should keep kinnear, he's developing. crow? hope he doesn't go, one of my favs.
Broadie 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 1999 12:27 pm

Just a quickie on draft picks.

If we get the first 2, the first is called the "PRIORITY PICK" and the 2nd is actually called the first draft pick.

This means that under the current Father-Son rules, our 2nd pick is actually #17 (if we all follow the Maggies winning <5 and Freo 6+
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 1999 3:20 pm

One player that has got to go is Jason Wild. He has no skills whatsover !

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netscape.net.au/~clemo
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 1999 11:09 pm

The way we're playing I think you're dreaming if you think we'll get top 2 draft picks or for that matter, the golden spoon. I'd forget about it if I were you.
In fact the way they're going, it looks to me that we'll end up above Geelong, who might need the help more than us anyway. Of course we'll have a better idea on sat evening.
Thing that worries me is that I don't know how strong Geelong's list is, if they have a strong list but just playing badly for other reasons, then it woulnd't be fair. That's one reason why this handicap draft system sucks.
RE Smith, I'd put money on them picking him on the bench against Geelong, his last 2 magoo stats have been impressive - eg 10 marks and 26 disposals last week - dominant for a big fellow I'd think - and that was against North who are of course, as hard as nails, magoos or not (got that from [url=http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newformat/footballfr.htm)]http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newformat/footballfr.htm)[/url]
PS why can't North Melbourne keep their name? What direction is Sydney anyway??
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 1999 6:11 am

don't worry geelong have a good list, it's just their young players can't blend and find form like ours are. just our players are much younger. geelong have corrigan, houlihan, king, lowther, rahilly, scarlett, simpson, snell, harley, steinfort, and bizzell, who is meant to be the next ablett but who hasn't come on. that's a pretty fair group of young players, and combined with their experienced players they should be much higher up the ladder. if we beat them i'd be surprised, since they're so pumped up about it being the crunch game. saturday will be all about psychology. and i think they should give smith a run soon. very scary to read in the paper this morning that 'wild is nudging the 22'. bloody hell please no.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 1999 12:25 pm

by the way rhyce shaw looks a very likely type. starred for vic metro in the U/18 carnival. looks like a psycho with skills. not to sure about pavlich though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: