Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Revolving door this week

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 1999 9:21 am
Post subject: Revolving door this weekReply with quote

My suggested revolving door promotions this week: (admittedly totally arrogant and ignorant since I haven't actually seen a game all year, but what the hell):

definite: Licuria, Orchard, Shauble, Smith.

possible: Crow, Patterson (remember they are probly under scrutiny too), Davis, Adkins.
(someone also suggested Venables.)

I'm mainly going on stats from www.collingwoodfc.com.au

Any better-informed opinions?
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 1999 10:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bokka, forget Crow and Patto...your living in the past. It is absolutely crystal clear that they are not in the clubs future plans. There is no place in league footy for players with skills on only one side of their bodies..............unless you're Jason Wild :-)

Shauble on the other hand might need these last few weeks to make a case for why he shouldn't be traded. I think he should be kept, anyone who has watched him this year has seen a guy desperately lacking in self confidence. Your skills don't just disappear overnight.

I think it is important that Nick Davis finishes the year off in the seniors and as for Adkins and Smith - why not? they are about the only ones who haven't had a game yet.

I aint joking about Venables either, he's had bugger all chance to prove himself this year and deserve's a go. Maybe Holland would be a too tough an assignment first up, but you gotta start somewhere.

------------------
Damien
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 1999 11:49 am

yep, orchard needs to come back in, he needs to be a permanent fixture in the midfield, around the packs. i like licuria too, speedy and bulky. don't worry schaubs will get it together, they just need to get him in the backline and forget about making him a forward. agree give venables a go, and smith. don't discount crowy just yet, he's really dominating in the magoos, and it wasn't long ago that he was a favourite of mine and a favourite of lots of other fans. anyone know what's happened to oborne? he wasn't playing in the magoos last weekend, and he's not injured. everyone get along to the magoos this weekend, i reckon we'll pump hawthorn.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 1999 11:53 am

by the way they need to give adkins a go. he's VERY fast and he'll become a fan favourite very quickly if he gets a few games. if he's useless then at least we'll know.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 1999 2:04 pm

Don't forget Licka and Orhcard haver been useful for us. Both of them have good skills and a certainties for next season. Also, they weren't dropped with both suffering hammies against the swans. Actually, that was probably the turning point that caused the loss. One thing about their injuires - both were from tackles ??????
Shaubs - well he can't get any worse. I still think that the cause of his problems stemmed from that ANZAC day clash against the bombers where that animal Wallis hacked into him. Unfortunately he has not been himslef since. Maybe he should see a shrink. He needs help to beleive in himself. He does have ability as he has proved it.
The one positive with Shaubs out is the form of Presti - seems to be getting more confidence and is starting to back himself.

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netscape.net.au/~clemo
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 1999 2:16 pm

clemo, agree with you on presti. he's actually starting to run down the ground a bit, create a link, rather than just making a contest in the back line (and a good contest; he rarely allows his opposing player to mark). in fact i think he did a better job than anyone's done on matt richardson this year, but few seemed to notice. you get the feeling that schaubs and presti would make a great combination if they were both in good form in the backline; they have exactly the same temperant and they look the same. and with godden the tagger and mal the athlete and burnsy the hard man the defence might start looking good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: