Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

injuries - who's going to replace who?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 1999 1:21 pm
Post subject: injuries - who's going to replace who?Reply with quote

ok, so we know for sure that burnsy, kingy, and sav won't be playing this week, and crowy is doubtful. really pity about king mind you, he was looking in great form. kinnear is a certainty to get a place in the forward line this weekend, probably at full forward. and they have to keep mal at CHF, i thought he was pretty sharp yesterday, very tarrant-like. tuckey's looking better every week; he took an SCREAMER out of a pack yesterday, not quite as good as sav's mark though, that was something special. you could write pages on that mark. i think wazza deserves a promotion, put him on the half-back line where burnsy would've been. and i think it's time for olarenshaw to step up and replace kingy in the middle; he looked sharp in the magoos. i REALLY hope they bring wazza up from the magoos, he's such a joy to watch when he's in full flight. i think i need to buy a tape of yesterday's game, there were so many highlights! let me list them:
1. sav's unbelievable mark
2. frankie raso stealing the ball from croad when he was dashing from the back line
3. tuckey's pack mark and 60 metre goal
4. buckley's snap goal when under extreme pressure
5. buckley getting poleaxed by holland and getting straight up again
6. browny brilliant goal from the boundary to turn the tide in our favour (and his celebration was very emotional, not rowdy-like at all)
7. venable's big hit on some hawthorn player in the last quarter (it really was lovely)
8. presta's graceful mark on the wing right in front of me (had to mention it)
9. sav's attempted torp after the end of the game
10. the reception the crowd gave monky every time he came on and off the ground
11. the pure frenzy the crowd went into after the ump paid a stupid free against brown
12. the fact that i scared away a few hawthorn supporters with some expletives of my own
13. tyson lane's chase and tackle after he barged past two other hawthorn players (that turned the game)
14. buckley's mark under extreme pressure at CHF in the last quarter
15. ben kinnear's beautiful display of vision in the magoos when he showed some lovely handball skills in the forward line

that's about it.
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 1999 5:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

good description foxy,,, impressive stuff from the bottom team hey. Closest I've got to tapes is a couple from family last week on a fleeting visit to Melb. The Melb-Pie game was a rattler. Pie-StK tonight which I'm looking forward to. I didn't have time to look up the place in Richmond(?) that sells tapes, do you know their contact details per chance?

------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: