Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Blues

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2000 7:48 am
Post subject: Collingwood BluesReply with quote

It's not easy being a Collingwood supporter.

...and sometimes this web site just becomes a chore.

I watched Nick last night sitting through that game and faithfully updating the increasingly depressing score on the scoreboard when what he really wanted to do, I'm sure, was shut the system down, turn the tv off and join the party. I don't know that for sure because he won't talk about it this morning.

It's my fault, I bred him as a pies supporter and a pies supporter (fanatic) he will remain whether he likes it or not, there is no way out once you're in. If that sounds like some sort of life sentence, it's because that's how it feels at the moment.

Why the depression? After all it was league runners-up versus wooden spooners and that's exactly how the game was played and the result should have surprised no-one - but it did, it surprised us all. Even the AFL, who staged the match between these two unevenly matched teams and promoted it as the 'Match of the Millenium', must have expected a game to match the hype. It was more than just matching the two traditional rivals, they really expected a great game of football.

Sucked in.

Sucked in by Collingwood.

We can do it every time. Regardless of the fact that we won 4 out of 22 this season and finished last, regardless of the fact that this season has followed on from the last and the last from the one before etc, regardless of the fact that we're pinning huge hopes on new and untried players, regardless of all these things and more, Collingwood still manage to create the illusion, amongst both friend and foe, that there's an irresistable force in there, being held in check by something undefineable and just waiting to break out and run rampant.

It will happen one day... and guess what - nobody will be surprised because it's as inevitable as tomorrow. That's the power of Collingwood.
paul 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2000 9:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I never leave the footy before the end, or never turn off the telly before the game is over. Its a mix of stubborness, undying loyalty and the knowledge that the pain I feel now will make the joy of the next victiry greater.

Nick has either acquired these some characteristics or he feels that being embarrassed by his team is still better than being embarrassed by his family at a party(only kidding).

It looks like most of the posts this year will be about our first draft pick and out of contract players again.

At least nobody has called for the coach to be sacked yet.

Were there any positives from last night?
The only one I can find is that we know how we compare to a top team at this early stage and have identified serious deficencies in many positons. At least that shows the new coaching panel the magnitude of the task at hand.

PS I had trouble logging into the chat room on live board. Did others get through.

Bish 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2000 1:53 pm

Really sorry about Nick's depression. Get over it buddy. I was on the chat all game with nick and it was horrible (I am otherwise known as GuNz, Nick). I was negative right from the start but Nick held out positive more than me. In the end we both threw in the towel and went crazy swearing at the appalling pies!!

Ive watched the tape a few more times now (pure torture) and i believe everything is not as bad as it looks. At least MM didnt look worried at all during the ordeal.
The next match could be the defining of our 2000 team, trust me, there is a lot of work they can do in a month. Last night was a good opportunity for MM and Co. to asses.
Prediction: A. Rocca will line up at CHB against port. He wasted his last chance as a forward.

Look on the bright side Nick! Go pies!!!!

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2000 5:14 pm

Mike,

Never use Collingwood and the word Blues together

------------------
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
grrrrll 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2000 12:11 pm

Guys!! Guys!! What's with the depression?! It was only ONE game. Yes it was slightly irritating, yes it made for an ugly New Years Eve, but three words: "WE'VE GOT MICK!!!!". Can't expect miracles first up - give him a bit of time. We'll be triumphing by September. Hang in there ppl!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: