Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood VsFremantle

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2000 4:23 am
Post subject: Collingwood VsFremantleReply with quote

A very encouraging win wasn't it?
It looks like the players are getting used to the new game plan and playing it well...whatever it is...doesn't look too different to Tony Shaw's plan from the terraces.
A few observations for people (Melbourne Magpies)who didn't get to see it.
Ukovic and O'Bree dominated the first quarter....O'Bree payed off half back, so did Ukovic actually, and picked up possessions at will.Brownie played with the usual Brownie fire and kicked a couple early. Bucks was quiet.
Leon Davis showed that he is going to be spoken of as a great pickup in future years...the kid is VERY exciting...he has skill, pace to burn, audacity and can deliver a nice shirt front to boot!
Fraser came on in the second quarter and one piece of his play was magical; he picked up the ball on the half back flank sprinted with it and handballed to Mal who gave it back to Fraser who sprinted, took a bounce "a-la" the young Peter Moore, delivered to Tuckey. Special play..inspiring play and didn't the crowd love it!!!
The beefed up Tuckey who looks like he spent Christmas lifting weights in dad's garage, led very well and kicked pretty well too;6 goals is not a bad result.
Perhaps the surprise of the night was Kinnear on the back line.
Repelled the few Fremantle forays forward and kicked and marked impressively. Johnson again showed he'll be good value; the young left footer delivered the ball well and plays with confidence.
Now having said all that, let me add that Freo was absolutely pitiful.They looked as if they weren't interested.
I think we can safely assume Davis will play in our first real game...he's a certainty, I think Fraser should too.
I know the club wants to nurse him along, but gee, he looks ready to me.
Finally, a word regarding channel 7.
Not only did they not show the game in Melbourne; I don't count 40 secs of highlights at half time in the late game, but to add insult to injury, they choose instead to show the Eagles/Bulldogs boring game....are they nuts or what?????
Of what interest was this game to anyone bar the couple of hundred bulldog supporters in Melbourne?
The Eagles were beaten in recent weeks by Essendon and Hawthorn and were actually held goalless for almost an entire game last week.....thanks seven...very impressive. If Collingwood's game wouldn't have doubled the ratings of that game I don't know anything. To really stick in the knife, seven recycled the recently retired Peter Landy for another go at commentary; hey wait a minute ....maybe they did us all a favour!!!!!!

Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2000 8:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

you're spot on with your player assesments there Neil. Leon Davis looks like being a star for us starting round one.

Ben Kinnear, Brent Tuckey, Rhyce Shaw and Ben Johsnon all looked great last night.

I've watched that play you described of Josh Fraser about 5 times. He's like a 200cm midfielder. The only question that remains is can he ruck?

If anyone is going a fanatsy football team this year, i recommend picking up Shane O'Bree and Paul Licuria, they are gonna burn this season.

Anyhoo lets hope we can do that against a proper team, and not just little leaguers.

Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2000 7:01 pm

HMMMMMMM, I forgot to mention that THAT person actually did OK also.
You know who I mean (no.6)
He actually did quite well.....gosh..did I really say that????
We were only playing FREO but...a win's a win
and it was pretty encouraging.
OK Spidergirl....who gets the chocolates and roses today for Valentines???????????
Or perhaps it's a new pair of shorts for A. Rocca???!!!????

^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2000 8:02 pm

Hey Plow boy, talkin bout the fantasy football competition, can you tell me what newspaper and what day the entry form is in? Greatly appreciated thank you.
Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2000 7:16 am

It was in The Weekend Australian but i think its gonna be in every day.

Tarrant's a good pick up for a 4 point defender too

I@n S 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2000 5:34 pm

It was a great game to be at even though it was only Freo. At last collingwood are starting to play a team game and not always relying on Buckley.
Great Season Ahead For Collingwood
Go Pies
paul 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2000 2:19 pm

I matched the full replay last night and agree that there is a lot of talent coming to the fore from this year's recruits.

The big problem is still the rucking contests. Fraser and McKee were consistently caught out of position or manuovered out of the contests. Fraser in particular was a jekyl and hyde....great around the ground but out of place in the big league ruck contests. But he's only 17.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: