Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Hail Josh - the future of Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 1:11 pm
Post subject: Hail Josh - the future of CollingwoodReply with quote

What a great start to the season.

And what a great debut by No.25.
I didn't think much of Hawthorn's head-hunting tactics near the end. I just hope none of our guys got reported for retaliating.

Our other star recruit, Neon Leon was a bit disappointing, I thought. He might have been a bit overawed at first. But he did get some nice touches in the last quarter and I think he did enough to get a game next week.

Great game, Willo. Great game, Pebbles. I like Anthony Rocca in the ruck. Playing on the ball he gets a bit more freedom to exert an influence on the game than he does under the pressure of a key forward position. Mind you, his kicking for goal was a lot better today.

Great game, Presti.
Great to see Scotty Burns among the goalkickers !!! I guess that sums up how well we went.

And last but not least ... that Mal Michael screamer in the first quarter !!!!!!!

My smilie's wearing shades today.
Fancy playing footy in that heat.

------------------
**floreat pica**

^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 4:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, great game. Great efforts from first gamers, Adkins, Fraser and Johnson and Sheedy's reject Ukovic. Buckley was outstanding but did do the odd undisciplined act (But maybe that was MM orders.) Ant Rocca was very solid, hope his form spurs his brother onto bigger things coz Sav didnt show much today. Overall good effort by everyone. Glad to see that the rest of the players on our list are gonna have to work hard for a game this year. Tarrant and Lane will strengthen this side i believe. Unfortunately I don't think Browny and Crossy will be spending much time in the seniors or on the field anyway. On a brighter note though if they can't make it, the likes of Patto, Watto and possibly Richo shouldn't expect to much senior responsibilities.
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 4:45 pm

Wow!! What a great start to the year.
After the first goal by Steroids Johnson in the third, I sat back and enjoyed the last half.
Leon will be better for the run, but he would be disappointed; may get a rest next week.
Bucks, Adkins, Pebbles, Johnson, Lockyer and Ukovic were terrific today.
Lockyer's disposal was sensational.
Our pressure at the ball was the really impressive thing with our ability to run and run to space on the forward line.
Roll on next weekend ....and the Magpie March to the MCG.
Having said all that, the Hawks were woeful and we'll be under more pressure after today.
But you can't do better than that....2nd on ladder!
I've got no voice tonight and i'm about to relive it again with a col, cold beer.
Floreat Pica!!!!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 5:07 pm

Man what a good match! Although I am a little on the burnt side...OUCH! But anyway, well done. Im really tired its about 10pm, so I might send in some comments about the game tomorrow afternoon. Argghhh tonight is gonna hurt!
I@n S 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 5:37 pm

Great Old Collingwood Forever more like. What a team effort If you could have gone to the game and you didn't, I feel sorry for you NOT!!! (Should have supported Collingwood through thick and thin) Said this to Mum when I got back.
Anyone get the HOT PIES Fanzine? lol some funny stuff in it.
Well i'm very happy with today. Lets thrash the Cows whoops I mean crows.
!!!!!!GO THE PIES!!!!!!!!
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2000 6:33 pm

the front cover of Hot Pies is bloody hilarious. what a masterpiece.
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2000 6:54 am

What bliss! Right from the first bounce we looked like a new Collingwood.

I was at the Ponsford end, so in the 1st quarter, I got a good look at Ukovic and our new look defense. He had a dream start. It seemed like he got about five or six touches in the first ten minutes. Presti, Kinnear and Ukovic looked pretty solid and matched up well against the Hawthorn talls (I think they are the tallest team in the league). I even kindly encouraged Presti to go for the punch, when he spilled that mark in the goal square (and Hawthorn subsequently goaled). Last year, I just would have wondered how the hell we could keep giving the kid a game and screamed abuse at him. I remember Sav giving Ukovic a hiding one Anzac day and was a bit apprehensive when we recruited him, but I think he will be a regular for the rest of the season.

As for Adkins I did not even know who he was until he kicked the first goal (I had to look it up the Footy Record). When he kicked the second goal I even bothered to look up his first name!

Some of Frazier's disposals were poor but I liked the way Mickey used Little Rock to soften up Paul Salmon for him. Worked a treat.

I could go on forever, but I will just finish up by saying, "Hellooo, Hellooo, Its Good To Be Back!" and that HOT PIES is required reading for all the Faithful.

ZED 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2000 11:27 am

I was impressed with Wasley.
He adds that speed and toughness which is hard to get in the one package.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2000 11:37 am

spot on, zed. there's no doubt MM is a big fan of wazza, since he left him on the ground for the whole game. i get the feeling mick has reserved a back-pocket solely for wazza, because from that position he has the power to do whatever he wants; he can stream downfield or just try to cover his man. in the first quarter we saw wazza stream downfield and gather possessions; he was constantly instrumental in clearing the ball from defence. and he would've kicked a goal if tuckey had been accurate and passed it to him in what was an open goal square (this passage of play resulted in adkins' great goal anyway). but i think as the game went on the heat must've gotten to wazza, because he just tagged the hell out of his man deep in defence, rather than rushing all over the field. by the end of the game i could see he wanted a rest, but MM just wouldn't take him off. if his knee holds up, expect him to be a regular fixture in the back pocket this year.

or of course he could, on a less trying day (weather-wise), get switched onto the wing, where he's most naturally suited i suspect. at the moment, though, i reckon willo and betho have the wings covered. they were both fantastic on monday.
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2000 10:16 pm

Oh God, I forgot that Wasley picked up a kick or two!
Now we'll never hear the end of it!
By the way Foxy, were you brave enough to wear the No16 on Monday?
You must be the only No16 at the 'G yeah????
Seriously though, I'll reserve my judgement until I see what he does over the next 2-3 weeks....these next few games will show us whether he's just a one dimensional speedster or is a multi-skilled performer
like "Steroids" Johnson.
Actually, I think I'll install myself as Johnson's No 1 fan.....but can he kick right foot? I noticed him running towards the city end goal and instead of delivering with his right he tried to doge an incoming Hawk and went onto his left...I think he could well be found out if this is a feature of his game...a la Crosisca.
I wonder who'll play more games....Wasley, Ricky or Johnson?
I know who my money's on!
"Floreat Pica"

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2000 3:50 am

of course i wore my no.16!! always do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: