Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I was there at the SCG.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2000 6:30 am
Post subject: I was there at the SCG.Reply with quote

There is so much I want to say. My mind is still a jumble! So many images and emotions.

1. At no stage did I think Collingwood was out of it. When Sydney kicked their five goals in a row (in the third quarter) I was confidently screaming "Take It Up the B*m" to the "Sydney, Sydney" chant.
2. I do not know what I was thinking when Schwass kicked that point. I just do not recall. I do not recall Buckley taking the kick out after. I do recall Licuria getting it and kicking it to ... who ... I looked upfield and A. Rocca was on his own, right in front and the ball went straight to him ... do not know what I was saying or doing at this stage ... then he kicked it ... My brother and I probably went ape ... I do not recall the last sixteen seconds (I only remember that the game restarted after the goal from reading about it in the papers ... and I do remember the siren ... the upraised arms (I think players put their arms up in the air too) ... and striving to find more voice to belt out the theme song again and again while standing on our seats... I do remember the "boys" coming over to our side of the ground (the Walters stand) to give us a bit of a wave. I do NOT remember who the film crew was, who filmed me before the game (but I do remember them giving me a Collingwood scarf, beenie and flag to look the part in their ad, but I did not remember to get them back of my brother before I left ... I do remember the pub crawl from the SCG to the Cross ... and I was lucky I remembered I was in Sydney when I came to in Sydney.
3. I think the Sydney people were astounded with my simple cry of "Hot Pies" all night.
4. I think the Sydney people were amazed at most of the things we were doing and saying all night. Like "BAM BAM" when Pebbles kicked a goal, but "BOOM BOOM" when any of his teammates kicked a goal.
5. The tickets were shit. $30 for way up the second tier, on a flank. I was furious at the start of the game. If this is the way footy is going (ie. expensive, crap, reserved seating) then it go without me.
6. Heavy beer at a night game. Yeah. Victoria Bitter too! You beauty!
7. LONG LONG LONG LONG lines for both food and beer. Disgraceful.
8. Even longer line to get out. But that meant that all those Sydney people where trapped with me singing the theme song again and again and again.
9. Burns and Willow and O'Bree and Buckley and Tarrant were the players I can remember always with the ball. Josh had his colours lowered by Stafford, Watson made a cameo in the last.
10. My boss asked me how my holiday was ... I said beautiful!

PS What is the deal at Colonial next week, I am a member and can go to 5 away games?
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2000 9:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, if you're a Legends member you've got no worries. Your seat number is printed on your Season Ticket. But get there early anyway, just in case. You never know what sorts of stuff-ups might occur.

If you've got a 16 game ticket but no reserved seat, you'd better get one ASAP. If you try to get one on the night you'll either get locked out or, if you're lucky, you might get to your seat by half-time.

------------------
**floreat pica**

afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2000 3:57 pm

It was a beautiful thing to be there on Saturday night, particularly at the end , watching the hordes filing past the chear squad, copping their biggest spray in years.. But help me those sydney people know Jack about football, the ones around us spent the night discussing what they were going to do after the match, and kept on saying That big bloke (Stafford) is good hey (learn the names folks).
Great to win after three tough trips north, but the Sydney peoples football knowledge is still in the tiolet.
I@n S 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2000 6:22 pm

I was also excited infront of the TV and when A rocca kicked the winning goal, I went mad. I loved it. What a Kick. That will shut up the Rocca haters
!!!!Go The Hot Pies!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: