Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MICK'S GOSPEL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2000 4:00 pm
Post subject: MICK'S GOSPELReply with quote

I have been devastated with the way Collingwood has been playing after winning the first five games of the Season. I admit that I got carried away and thought we would be a force to be reckoned with and would be putting in a Finals Appearance which we have been starved off these past few years. I thought how could a club as famous and successful as Collingwood hit rock bottom like this!
I happened to be sorting through some Newspaper Clippings that I have kept throughout the year and one that I came across seemed to be the answer to which I was looking for! To Quote the Article and I might say to Alf to take Note it says-
" IT IS GOING TO TAKE SOME PAIN. IT IS GOING TO TAKE SOME PULLING OF TEETH OUT BECAUSE THE FACT IS THAT FOR FIVE OR SIX YEARS AFTER THEY WON THE PREMIERSHIP THERE WAS NOTHING DONE ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THE CLUB." THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO MICK MALTHOUSE.
I have felt a lot of pain over my beloved Collingwood this year but looking back Mick Malthouse didn't know the players that he was taking on - most of them being very inexperienced kids. He will have a far better idea of what players will be able to perform as to his expectations and you can bet your boots he has already decided who will be staying and who will be going next year. I will be renewing my Membership and I think I can confidently say that after Mick pulls a few more teeth out we will be able to hold our own against the opposition and also being such a young side when we develop into a top side we will be up there for a number of years. I am going to the last of the games and treat it as a day out with my mates - Loyal Magpie Supporters and one other thing Alf , when we get to the top level of AFL Footy again and all the Bandwaggoners come out of hiding we can hold our heads up and say "We were there supporting them when they were rock bottom - Where were you?" Maybe the team has decided to save the Best till Last and will beat Essendon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rooka 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 1:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick's quote is so right as are your comments. No team can play consistant football with so many young players. Consistance comes from the experinced players (ave 60-70 games plus) and most of our players in this group (we have 14) are not up to it. So our future is with the young guys who need to be developed and gain all important game time. I joined as a member for the first time this year and will continue to do so regardless of where Collingwood finishes on the ladder for the rest of my life. Collingwood like all clubs needs members/surporters not just barrackers/bandwagoners.

IN FOR THE LONG HAUL.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 10:09 am

Very well written Magpie Maniac r u sure u arent a journo writing for the paper?!?

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

MagpieMark 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 10:19 am

Well said Rooka mate!!!

I'm in for the long run until I die.
I remember as a kid kicking the footy around by myself in the backyard when we won and going into fits of deep depression when we lost. Now i kick the footy around with my flatmate, but still go into depression when we lose.
MAggies forever!!
MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 2:03 pm

Hey Spidergirl , Maybe I could take over from Mike Sheahan! He doesn't have a clue! Anyway , I'm just hoping that a lot of the Supporters that are feeling a bit down about Collingwood at the moment stick with us and show what being a true supporter is all about. I have been through hell and back over the past thirty plus years supporting them - losing Grand Finals - winning wooden spoons - but I kept coming back for more and was rewarded with the 1990 Premiership .BOY WAS THAT WORTH WAITING FOR!! All I am saying now is be Patient and we'll be back . BIG TIME. GO THE MIGHTY MAGPIES.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: