Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood in 2000

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ytry4 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 1:50 am
Post subject: Collingwood in 2000Reply with quote

I can no longer hold my frustration inside of me... Collingwood have played worse this year, than last year. We seem to have gone backwards during the last 10 games. I was so hopeful of a top 8 finish after the first 5 wins, but it seems that Collingwood were only pretenders. We have lacked the intensity, pressure that we were applying to the opposition at the start of the season. Last year, even if we didn't have skill, we still kept on going and did not give up. This year, we have dropped off, and I don't know why... We had never been belted like we are this season. Our losing margins are more than last year. Just look at these statistics (from [url=http://www.afl.com.au):]www.afl.com.au):[/url]

Pies' avge losing margin

Year Losses Margin

2000 12 41 pts

1999 18 26 pts

1998 15 29 pts

1997 12 21 pts

1996 13 28 pts

------------------
Ask not what your club can do for you. Ask what you can do for your club.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 1:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

shhhhhh! Be quiet now, I do not want to be reminded!
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2000 5:04 am

I've got a theory as to the turnaround from the early season good form.

Remember that the season started early. Collingwood was more forward in its preparation than most of the other clubs because of the Millenium match. Also, being a much younger side, we were better able to cope with the hot weather than some of the other sides (especially geriatrics like Carlton).

Y'see, the other clubs, generally, were more geared towards a season that starts in late March/early April, whereas we were primed for an early March start. As a result we were very quick off the mark. Adelaide is the perfect example of a club that began very slowly.

Unfortunately we'd run our race by the end of April. A bit like an Oakleigh Plate winner trying to win the Melbourne Cup. It just doesn't happen.

Still, wasn't it bloody wonderful while it lasted!!!

------------------
**floreat pica**

Broadie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2000 1:49 am

Not only does that make perfect sense, Alf, but it is EXACTLY what MM has said in today's AGE - except he talked about a 3 year-old in the Ballarat cup.

Spooky. Can't wait to see if reports from the Cricketer's show alf to be a grey-haired man with a moustache and a penchant for quoting world leaders / philosophers...
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2000 3:00 pm

Sorry, Broadie, but I didn't make it to the Cricketer's. As usual I slept in and only just got to the match in time for the first bounce.

I'll admit to the grey hair, not quite as grey as MM. But then, I'm not an AFL coach. No moustache. And I'm probably not as well read as our coach, but I've been known to make the odd quote.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: