Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies V Bombers : A slight chance?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJ 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2000 1:21 pm
Post subject: Pies V Bombers : A slight chance?Reply with quote

Hey, who else here thinks that the Pies could now be an outside chance of defeating the Bombers? I mean, the Bombers are well known for stuffing up and the shock lose to the Doggies is all that it will take to unsettle them this close to the finals!!

Thoughts?

------------------
"Good Old Collingwood Forever"

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2000 2:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually really think we can beat them
with a chance of about 3 injuries from last nights clash with the doggies and their winning streak gone, and us with chris back most likely i reckon we have a good chance!!
wouldn't it just be the best way to go out of the season tho? god that'd be good!!! GO PIES
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2000 5:18 pm

Yeah, we can beat Essendon. And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

1.Essendon's chance of an unbeaten season is now gone. And there is no chance of them losing the top position. So, they've got nothing to play for.

2.It would be in Essendon's best interests to ease the pressure off themselves a bit going into the finals. So, they probably won't be entirely fair dinkum about this particular match. This is a typical Round 22 scenario.

3.They stand to lose a few players through injury and suspension, so they'll be below full strength.

4.We, on the other hand, have absolutely EVERYTHING to play for. A win over Essendon would be just enough to convince our long-suffering members to cough up for one more year. I'm sure Eddie and Co will be absolutely desperate for us to win this game.

5.The betting odds about a Collingwood victory are likely to be very lucrative. Somewhere around 6 to 1. Possibly even longer. This is a perfect opportunity for the two clubs to put their collective heads together and "cook" a result to their mutual benefit. Don't be surprised to see a few key Bombers have an inexplicable "off" day. You might think this sounds unlikely, but it happens in horse-racing all the time. And it's obviously happened in cricket a bit lately. God knows what other sports it happens in.

But aren't we all forgetting something here? We've still got the Orange Kangaroos to beat first. As the old footy cliche goes, "Let's take it one week at a time."

------------------
**floreat pica**

ytry4 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2000 5:36 am

Is this really Alf I'm hearing? Is it the same Alf that we hear week in week out bagging the Club?

------------------
Ask not what your club can do for you. Ask what you can do for your club.

CJ 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2000 11:14 am

Alf, worry about the Orangeroos?? Nahhhhh. Piece of cake.

Hopefully some of the Bombers players will get rubbed out and after killing Norff, our chances are looking a shit load better against Bombers!!

LETS KICK ASS PIES!!

SEND A SIDEWINDER UP THE BOMBERS SIX!!

------------------

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2000 4:07 pm

not a chance next week I reckon but i hope we kill em though!!!

My god Alf u said something postive for once well done mate...what drugs r u on, can i have some!?!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2000 4:42 pm

And that post was written BEFORE we beat the Oranges!!!

------------------
**floreat pica**

MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2000 5:18 pm

Hey Alf, What a difference a win makes!!!!!! Glad to see you are giving the Mighty Magpies a good rap!!!! Now - dare we say that we can beat the Bombers! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! And guess what - only 1 week to go!!!!! Keep smiling Alf and believe that next year will be a better one than what we've just been through. Looking forward to your comments after the team's trades and de-listings.
I@n S 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2000 7:00 pm

YEAH WILL WILL SHITE ON ESSENDON NEXT WEEK.
GREAT WIN THIS WEEK.....

GO PIES
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2000 4:18 pm

Wouldn't it be fantastic to win? Just to beat the 2 sides that started our downward fall this season!
CJ 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2000 10:45 am

Well, we lost. But a good effort only to lose by 19. Well done guys, lets hope for a better year next year.

For the two gavins, sav and any other players retiring, I wish you all the very best for the future!!

GO PIES IN 20001!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by CJ (edited 05 August 2000).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: