Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood Vs Essendon

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 4:03 am
Post subject: Collingwood Vs EssendonReply with quote

What a great day!
After the grey days of the past couple of months, with the promise of Spring, back came our desire!
Hmmmm, where is this leading?
Maybe our boys should play all their games in QLD...maybe even Darwin..whoops, maybe not; we tried that once and took months to recover.
Seriously, it felt like 1990 all over again, except for the positions on the ladder.
A fantastically disciplined performance from our boys.
They stuck to the game plan, which on Saturday's ABC footy show said could not work on the MCG; that is FLOODING.
We played it to perfection which really surprised me as I didn't think we had the skill level to do it at all.
A few slip ups let the Bombers back in: Dimma's kicking a couple of times and Byrnsies third quarter where he made every mistake in the book.
The positives:
Proud to be a magpie today the way we looked after our retiring players. Now I did splutter into my beer when the words Patterson and Great were used in the same sentence by that 'Moron of the G'
(I wonder whose brain wave that is????)
We played with skill and discipline for far longer against quality opposition than I would have thought possible. I whispered to my sister in law at quarter time that being in front was a great bonus....wow was I letting all of the subdued bomber supporters know about it too.
They were always going to get us but we really made them work
and 19 points was VERY flattering to them.
I couldn't resist letting the hordes of Ess. people know my thoughts on the differences between the clubs either. That is, we celebrate our champions and love and cherish them; they discard them, trade them or just boo them.
I had a ball when they booed Allessio! One of the more thoughtful Ess. supporters replied that if they had champions like Gavin Brown they'd clap them too...I actually smiled at him!
We did very well the past 3 weeks and considering we played most of our guys without necks or heads today (according to the umpires)we have great reason to be positive.
Just how could an umpire positioned in the forward pocket precisely to look for interference, miss Fraser's free kick in the last quarter??? I don't want to seek excuses but gee at that point in the game a goal would certainly have resulted and given us back the lead...and who knows????? Anyway I thought the umpires did a good job apart from that.
Negatives:
Not too many from today but one enormous raspberry to the Essendon?AFL? MCC? official who kept playing the Essendon theme when it was obvious to everyone that Collingwood was waiting to farewell two of its Greats. It was just very poor. In the end the Collingwood supporters drowned out the song anyway with our rapturous applause...it was hard to say anything though at that stage..we all got a bit choked up.....remembering the 1990 final and the contribution those guys made in our club's history.
Thanks Brownie. Thanks Bagger.
Thanks to everyone at the club for making me VERY proud today to wear the black and white colours.
Floreat Pica!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 11:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Postives: *We actually looked like we were trying *Essendon should be worried going into the finals after playing like that against a bottom side *Ugly Matty Lloyd and Scotty Lucas actually heard me giving them heaps *We beat the stupid arrogant Essendon supporters at their own game - when they bagged our best player we beat them at their own game and gave shit to their best player *we got heaps of good photos of sav, patto and Rowdy and Bagga on their last trip round the G *we got to say goodbye to our heros when they came out after the game.

Negatives: *The tribute to Rowdy and Bagga was fairly shit they should have taken them round the whole ground like with Sav and Patto *half the players rushed off so quick after the game (the club should have had an aftermatch so we could have farewelled our guys without having other scummy opposition supporters in our face) *Lica being reported stuff that!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 12:29 pm

I agree with just about all the stuff said so there isn't much else to say, except:

LLOYD, "Your socks are already up WANKER!"
I@n S 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 8:09 pm

Yeah what a great game. Should have won though Like most of the other games we could not play the 3rd quarter. Must be a match fitness problem. Oh well at least we showed those wankers that they are not as good as they think they are. Maybe now they will stop being up themselfs. yeah right lol
I was choked up from the minute I sat down at the MCG. And by the end I was nearly crying 4 players hanging up the boots. Can't beleave it..
Its only Sunday and I'm missing Collingwood playing football already.
Was kinda like 1990 again. Our play was great untill half time. Then got it back a bit in the last but payed for the bad 3rd quarter.

Hurry up next season...
GO PIES
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: