Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

rookies look good

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
country dave 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2001 8:04 pm
Post subject: rookies look goodReply with quote

Just saw the Coll. Vs. WCE game. Lonie and Didak look the goods. Fraser and johnson also played well but I am worried about Shaw. He doesn't hit the target to often. O'Bree was best on and even McKee showed some skill - very surprising. Go Pies!

Broadie 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 7:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Now THAT was a thoroughly enjoyable win. Some of our skills were still below-par, but the determination, run, and drive were great. The sheer weight of numbers we had around the ball from the 2nd quarter onwards was an excellent sign.

DIDAK: This boy REALLY looks the goods. May not have had a great impact last night, but he moved like he had time to waste and skills to spare.
LONIE: First sign of anyone stufifng up, this guy must be rushed onto the senior list post-haste.
MOLLOY: Nice presence again.
HOLLAND: If his finishing off improves, he'll be a great wing / half-forward.
O'BRIE: some wasteful disposal, but a top-class game
BUCKS: Not as many stats, but the toughest work in, around and under packs that I've ever seen from him.
FRASER: took a while to get into he game, but showed his real class in the last quarter and a half.
McKEE: Better than last week. Needs to keep the improvement going.
WAKELIN: Another good effort in smothering WC backline - again, some poor disposal.
NEON LEON: Get some more fitness into this boy. He is stunning in bursts, but disappears for too long.
Nicky DAVIS: PLEEEEEEEEEEAAASE tell me its only a jarred knee. He will be in our top 5 players this year.
LOCKYER: Good dependable stuff, marred by a few crusial disposal errors.
PRESTI: Solid, showing his ever-important maturity and cool head under pressure.
SHAW: He and Neon and definitely tougher to knock off the ball that last year. Skills of last year didn't quite seems there. They'll be back, no doubt.
JOHNSON: Lots of the ball, tough play, needs better disposal.

Come on people, who else was worth a mention?

Broadie
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2001 7:07 pm

Well, Broadie, you've mentioned almost the whole team, so it doesn't leave much more to be said.

But one notable absense from your list was Anthony Rocca. At the risk of setting myself up for a mauling, I really must say he was terrible. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Early last season he was a match-winner. Sensational. Then he got reported on a bullshit striking charge against the Bulldogs and never recovered his form. The same thing happened early in 1998.

When Anthony Rocca is 100% committed he is THE most dangerous player in our team, BAR NONE. But he has a tendency sometimes to play as if he's scared of getting reported. When he does this he loses the plot.

**floreat pica**

Broadie 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 3:19 am

That was deliberate, Alf - I was focussing on our better players.

I agree that he was not great. Showed some patches, but "patches don't win matches".

Let's hope playing opposite his brother next week helps to spur him on a bit (although it never really did at Sydney, but that was eons ago).

Broadie
country dave 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2001 7:11 am

I agree with Alf, Rocca hasn't been as aggressive since that bullshit report last year. Let's hope he can get it back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: