Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Vs Port Adelaide

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2001 4:41 am
Post subject: Vs Port AdelaideReply with quote

What a test and a greater measure tonights game looms as.
I think Port Adelaide over there is as good as Essendon (on form) at the moment and I'am of the opinion that tonights game will is just as crucial to us as was the Anzac day game.
Some critical match ups I feel will eventuate tonight.

Steinfort V Francou --- I think this will be fascinating as Steinfort does not do much with the ball but he consistently beats his opponent. He is a run with stopper who may have a couple of jobs tonight but if he quells Francou I think we are a chance. NB On Good authority Steinfort may miss tonight. It has not been reported, but week in week out he is playing on pain killers as the ligamnets in his right foot are starined. He needs at least 4 weeks off to recover.

Stevens V Buckley --- Stevens has immense respect for our Bucks and I am thinking he will be up to make life extremely unpleasent for Bucks tonight. He too is a hard player who has paid his dues in the back line for Port and is being rewarded with a run in the midfield on some very good quality opponents.
Bucks needs physical support from our big forwards meaning that
they need to apply physical pressure to Stevens in support and to free some run up for Bucks.

Licuria Vs Dew
Boy, Lica needs to stand and deliver tonight. He is playing the inform midfielder in the competition and someone who has emerged as a bonefide goalkicking matchwinner. I think Lica has to be physical and play a 'Libba' type game and put Dew off.
Lica must also continue to be efficient with his disposal and make the right choices on the ground. Granted he has improved but there is still scope there.

Mead Vs Rocca.
Rocca, geez if this aint the guy who is the difference between Collingwood and losing given that everything else is equal in the team balance I'll do a backflip. When he fires which he has done this year infrequently we win. When he shoots blanks we lose. This is the simple reality of it. No pressure on Roc but he is the diference at Collingwood at the moment. I canback this statement up if required. He has to kick 5 for us to be even iin the hunt.

Frazer Vs Primus
Finally, this will be the one to watch with a bowel of popcorn in one hand and a .22 calibre in the other. Frazer's needs to play his best footy as he is playing the premier bigman in the league at the moment. Forget Porter, Gardiner etc etc...Primus is the benchmark at the momnet. Good luck Josh. Strangely I think Primus is in for a tough night tonight.

The remaining Match ups tonight (my opinion)

Bks/: Kingsley------Wakelin----Paxman
Fwd: Lane----------Tarrant----Molloy

HB/ Wilson--------Mead-------Francis
HF Didak---------Rocca------N Davis

C/: Dew----------Carr---------James
C/: Licuria------Obree--------Freeborn

Hf/: C/Collins----Tredrea------Scofield
HB : Lonie--------richardson----Lockyer

Fwd: Wanganees----Cornes----Burgoyne
BK: Betheras-----Wakelin----Clement

Rucks: Primus-----N Stevens----Francou
Rucks: Frazer-----Buckley-------Steinfort

Int Acland----Guerra----Montgomery----Lyle
Int Presty----Davis-----B Johnson---- Holland

Louis

[This message has been edited by DaicosForever (edited 19 May 2001).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: