Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Match Report or Ok lets try plan B.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 4:34 pm
Post subject: Match Report or Ok lets try plan B.Reply with quote

After watching 6 games already this weekend and being totally bewildered by umpires and the lack of skill at some clubs,but happy that carlton had lost again,that always makes me smile,i was ready to see some real footy from the CLUB.
As usual fridge was stocked and a few mates gathered out in the patio for an afternoon showing of the main game.PIES.v who cares.

Well who cares won 9 of the first 10 taps from the ruck.
Mckee did win a boundary throw in but was caught holding the ball so really it was 10 nil.and 4 goals down we went.
one from the obligatory misskick in by lockyer which has become part of the MM plan it seems.
Pies were spraying kicks around like millionaires,sav even tooka specky and goaled.
After 10 minutes Kinnear had allowed grant 11 possesions,and Cloke was being towelled by McArtney.
Bucks went on the ball and got things moving as he decided to shark Porter as he was wasting his time waiting for a mckee tap.
Taz started leading and a few players looked for him and he kicked 3 goals but Molly was pinged for stupidly smacking martyn in the gob as it went thru and taz only had 2.
just as the siren sounded Lockyer had made another blue and Nth were about to goal but siren saved us.
20 down and about to get worse at 1/4 time.
Podsiadly went for a run at goal and took too long to kick and was put off at the last minute and out on the full.
Molly then did a great smother and followed it up with a kick to Brodie who missed the shot.
then a series of fumbles by both sides and errorsaplenty found Clayton kicking a snap goal for Nth.
one good thing for the qtr was Richo, he cleared strongly a few times one of which set Didak up for a lovely goal.
then Kinnear decided it was time for us to see his party trick as he handballed over his head without looking in the back pocket to 5 nth players and after they raffled it one of them goaled.
OK kinnear we have seen that one now so we dont need to see it again.
Then leon goals after an untidy archer tackle,and a minute later gave away 50 in an undiscilined ridiculous fashion and they got the goal back,then Licka was caught holding ball in the square and they goaled again thru Pickett.
Bucks went off early in the 2nd qtr and didnt return for the rest of the game.
half time and 33 down,i dont know about MMs plans but we decided to order another slab as it was too depressing.
the flood was killing us and our skills are on a whole pathetic.

ok 3rd qtr started and we looked a bit more switched on Boofa davis decided to show us how he can kick points as he knows we have seen him kick goals and he proceeded to miss his next 5 shots.
Nth were peppering the goals but couldnt find the big gap and against the flood somehow taz snapped a goal and Roop goaled after a pass from licka that he got from a misskick from Didak.
then leon davis showed us his party trick where he marks 20 out and kicks to snow white who is 50 out,luckily snowy kicked a goal.
then it was time for another nth goal from a lockyer kick in as the kickin to a well manned up burns was turned over.
oh dear 3/4 time 35 down and not impressed.
last qtr
didak kicked 2 for us but it was all nth as the Big saveloy turned to gold and gave us a showing of what he can do.
4 goals to Sav finished off the match and a 10 goal thrashing was the result.
I stopped taking notes at the 5 min mark and decided to just hit the esky like the others.
the wrap up.
Mark Richardson won 3 taps more than Mckee and he only went for the knocks because Mckee wasnt there at the time.
Richards won a few taps but it was the around the ground work of Grant,Porter,Pickett,harvey etc that cut us to bits and the constant errors we made in our kicks.
To play the plan that MM has obviously opted for with our skills is tantamount to lunacy.
my votes
3.Brodie 2.Richo.1.Tarrant,both Davis boys,Licka.
a point or two on some players.
Kinnear is not going to make it,Posiadly might but need time in the 2s,Didak is good when he has time to settle but under pressure his skills are bad,he is not alone ther either tho.
As clubs have worked out we cant beat a flood we will ,we will be flooded rotten all year.
our skills and options and discipline are very ordinary at the minute.
Essendon lost all 3 as well so i hope we can improve as much as i know they will.
after 3 weeks of footy im not real rapt in the syatem of play we are using,
lets just hope it changes to plan B or C soon.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2002 8:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, I bet you had fun writing that, Ed.

10 out of 10 for bravery.

As you know I always like to put a positive spin on every game, whatever the result ... so, here goes ...

... gee, the cheer squad was good today.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
magpie24 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:08 am

Ed, it was very disapointing,i walked away from Colonial in a bit of shock.

Hope we can turn it around for the season proper and yes MCKEE is that bad it is LAUGHABLE now.

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR OWN WAY*****
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:27 am

as pathetic as the game was, i will be like alf and put a positive spin on my post, great report ed!!! lol, its like i was actually THERE (instead of better places like the grand prix).

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:34 am

Ed, sorry to be a hassle but can you post your match reports in here. Thanks mate.

JDF
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:51 am

That game last night was BLOODY disgraceful.I gave up and went to bed at 1/4 time,which was 11;00pm in Sydney.
I recon that the local Sydney AFL teams could have beaten the PIES yesterday.
I recon even the reserves could have beaten them.
It was a BLOODY disgrace and they should be ashamed of themselves.
The umpiring wasnt much better either and I recon that some bastard paid the umpires to make sure that the PIES were under pressure all the time.
Any way the guys have THREE weeks to get going again,so lets see what happens.
catch you all later

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: