Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coll v Rich match report

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 10:44 pm
Post subject: Coll v Rich match reportReply with quote

The season is under way at last.
I took a few notes as the game transpired but looking back now i dont think a qtr by qtr report would tell the story.
tonights game threw up a lot of questions and no answers.
heres the way i see it.
Richmond could well be a top 4 side so the fact we stuck with them for the last 3qtr after being blown away early is a sign of
either we are not far off the pace or Richmond are not top 4 maybe.
But the way we got in strife early was a worry.
The talls killed us.We could not stop Richardson and Ottens early as they took control of the match,but then as we played catch up later it was a shootout.
Both coaches do NOT coach that way,it was a strange sight to see us kick 18 goals and them 24.
positives for us were Cummings,Richo,Rocca and of course Bucks.
But i really think that the fact we dont have a ruckman will cut 2 or 3 years off Bucks career as he just has to do too much,including rucktaps.
Its a sad reflection that we could have recruited a ruckman and didnt,and this very ommission looks like it will shorten Bucks career as he will not be able to do this enormous workload all year at his age.
Early it was too easy for Richmonds talls to dominate,and other sides have just as potent if not better even for us to battle against.
the work of scotland,licuria,leon davis was good and at times great.
But the skills and options were lamentable at times.
I counted that they got 8 goals from either turnovers or free kicks and another 7 from uncontested marks.
The boys would not give up,at times it should have become a slaughter but to their credit they would not give in,but whenever we got close a couple of silly mistakes let them back in.
At this stage of the report 98% of reporters have had a beer and i must go with the odds.But 9 did not have my personal stats on that so i will email them my % at doing so.i think its 100.
no im sure of it.
the questions
should Richo play CHF?
can Bucks survive the year if he rucks,roves,defends and attacks.
Will josh and ant get over the groin problem.
obree,molloy,lonie,didak,cloke,richards,mckee.
which must come in and who makes way for them.
is it better to have no ruckman or just put mckee in.
Just how magic is leon.
why did nick davis play only bit part,
What is the role for Tarrant as we have cummings in the square and cant go elsewhere.
my votes 3 buckley 2 Rocca,Licuria 1 Cummings,leon,Richo.

i still think we can make the 8 but the skills and options must improve real quick.

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 10:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the review Ed. I must admit that I enjoyed seeing a high scoring game rather than a scragging/tight game - of course it would have been nice if the high scoring had favoured the Pies!

In my best players I'd certainly include:
Buckley - how can he not be rated the no.1 player in the league?
Rocca - didn't look 100% but never gave up and of course THAT amazing goal!
Cummings - fantastic lead, especially when we can clear the ball from the centre and get it down to him quickly
Burns - he HAS to play every game this season
Richardson - it was nice seeing him up forward kicking goals
Johnson - ran all night
Presti - battled hard all night on extremely tough opponents
Fraser - obviously not ready but still gives his all and is such an inspiration
Leon Davis - he is SO exciting!

Tarrant, Holland, Betheras, Clement and Lica all deserve a mention - battled hard but not as dangerous as they could be.

Lockyer, Rintoul, Scotland, NDavis, - thought they were a little quiet but will hopefully improve with more match fitness. Cole looked good for the short time he was on, hopefully he can play some more senior footy this year. Dimma and Freeborn didn't have the greatest of nights.

I really think we missed guys like Molloy, Lonie, Cloke and O'Bree. They'll make a big difference when they're back and firing.

3 - Buckley
2 - Cummings
1 - Rocca

If it wasn't for our shocking 1st quarter, the result based on the remaining quarters would have had the match going down to the wire. I wouldn't base our season on last nights match as our best football will beat any team this year.

GO PIES!

Marg

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Standing at the back of the ALF members section, did not give me the best view of the game.

Richmond got a lot of soft goals, from free kicks and Collingwood clangers. As I was saying to anyone who would listen, during the third quarter, by round 16 Richardson will have had a season ending injury and the rest of the team will be jaded by going too hard, too early.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: