Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Cricketers before the soccer match ...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 9:20 am
Post subject: The Cricketers before the soccer match ...Reply with quote

... really rocked. Heaps better than the Grand Final.

I have never heard so many choruses of "Waltzing Matilda" in my life. Joffa would have loved it.

At one stage the guys in one corner started moshing with each other and singing "we are mental bastards", after a while some guys in another corner started pointing to the other corner, singing, "they are mental bastards". Pretty funny actually.

Then there were the old fave's like "Walk Alone" and one we can use next year Joffa,
"There's only one, Mark Viduka, [substitute Nathan Buckley]
only one, Mark Viduka, [substitute Nathan Buckley]
we love him of course
he's hung like a horse
walking in winter wonderland"

And occasional verses of, "Skippy", "Neighbours" etc. and even one rendition of "I like Aeroplane Jelly" (I hurriedly dredged the words from my memory in preparation for them singing it again, but alas they didn't). I did not hear "We're happy little vegemites".

The back bar was quiet in comparison to the front bar. Lot of people in Ferrari gear, and Italian flags as capes. This was explained the next time one strayed into the front bar, to be greeted with "Hey you, bi fungule" repeated ad nauseum.

In the end my girlfriend came and dragged me away (she took getting zinced, on the belly button, by a stranger gratiously though). The atmosphere at the ground was not as good as the pub. I wished I had been sitting next to the guys from the pub. Instead I had a "prime" seat right next to the boring IOC section on the second tier, lots of security, not one verse of "Waltzing Matilda". So much from getting a freebie from an Olympic sponsor!

It was strange having to go through airport security to get into the Gee though. If anyone is going to the semifinals, turn up early, even a line of ten people takes a few minutes to process. Apparently no passouts. But they let us smoke in the rampways in the Southern stand.

The goal was scored at the Punt road end, and that is where the fight started, straight after the goal was kicked. Right in the middle of Joffa territory. By reflex, I strained to see if he was in their midst. By the way, things are fine Emma, too much work to do to get much posting done. Did I write up a grand final report? I always meant too.
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 5:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

we love you piss pot
we love you true
we love you pisspot
bloody oath we do

Thats for you greg......lol

stand still mate.....doooont wobble.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: