Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Home made Beer!!!!!! :)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJ 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 4:48 pm
Post subject: Home made Beer!!!!!! :)Reply with quote

Just to change topics completely,

I was just wondering if anyone else here has made their own beer before???? If so, how did it go?

I've just made my first batch of Draught and it is currently going through the "fermentation" process. Hopefully, in a few months time, it should be ready to drink!

Broadie 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 3:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to brew stout. Fantastic stuff. Saved me a fortune as well - I could drink a slab a week for only $5 instead of $35. Did it with a friend of mine (a Carlton supporter, actually. Loved calling him after Rd 3 this year), so we'd celebrate each new batch...

Got other friends who still brew, but it's almost like a business to them - they have thier own labels, know how much % of alcohol is in each. Brew over 30 varieties of beer. mind you, they're incredible. But then again, after the first hald-dozen all beers taste the same...

------------------
Broadie
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 11:50 am

Lots of people (me included) brew their own beer up here in the tropics. Everyone has their own taste but I like Coopers Draught best. If you drink enough, you can save heaps of money.
Don't wait too long to try it, the stuff is quite drinkable after a month in the bottle - one mate of mine drinks his after two weeks, but he is a pisshead! Good luck with it.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 1:30 pm

no but sounds a bit povo to me ah well CQ lets make it we will throw it on all the Carlton ppl at the footy!

???

MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 2:08 pm

WARNING WARNING WARNING! My Dear Sweet Mother in Adelaide made a batch of the home made brew! At two o'clock in the morning one night the bottles were exploding so she called the Fire Brigade. One of the Firemen got cut with flying glass and had to be treated in hospital! Needless to say that was the end of her Home-Made Brewing Days!! I haven't made this up - it is a true story so maybe the guys can give you some tips on how not to have the bottles explode! GOOD LUCK!!!!

------------------
ROWDY FOREVER
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 2:45 pm

ahhhhhaaa kewl! CQ we should do this for muck up day in the teachers staff room!

???

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 11:17 pm

Yeah, we used to make it in my uni days. The three of us in the house had a real little micro brewery going out the back shed. Got pretty serious too, being engineers, we made fiter systems and all that crap for clear, clean lagers and yes Broadie, the stouts were magic!!!! I recall that Copers stuff was the best. Wish the Coopers Pale Ale was sold over here! Saved us a fortune if I recall. Just don't become a beer bore like some home brewers I recall. Brew it, chill it, neck it and talk about footy etc, not how hoppy your beer is! I kept it going for a while after but once you get a decent wedge in your pocket, staring at a barmaids tits is better than slugging it at home with ya sweaty smelly mates!
CJ, I think they say it takes a month but I've had it young and if its cold, I'd give it a shot.
Broadie 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 4:06 am

Bottles exploding are caused by having too much sugar in them - creates too many bubbles & the resulting pressure causes the explosion. Anyone who's ever brewed has a similar story.

That's why myself & friends only ever store bottles under a house or in a cheap cupboard in the garage.

AS for time - most brews taste better after at least a month of storage, and are fine for up to 6 months. After that, different brews deteriorate at different rates. Some stouts are fine for up to 2 years.

------------------
Broadie
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 4:27 am

I was going to warn you about things that go bump in the night, but Magpie Maniac beat me to it. It is a serious warning, store the bottles in a place that one or two (or 24) explosions will not ruin anything and can be easily cleaned up.

I have tasted plenty of home brews and most were drinkable. One of my housemates made some homemade mead and homemade wine. The landlord complained about the rumours he heard about barrels in the shower recess (initially I thought he was talking about beer barrels so I denied it empatically).
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 6:30 am

yeah Spidey!!! hey got any new ideas 4 muck up day???
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 8:59 am

yeah CQ i say we just ditch school and go to training tht day but i think Saints start the day after we leave do u guys finish Tuesday as well?

Stuff gay muck up day i am over it we have already had ours the night the teachers put a ban on it hehe! I think now the whole year level is just gonna go up on stage at the final assemble where they present the year 12's stoned and pissed as and disgrace ourselves a bit to set a good example to the rest of the school. I just wanna get outta the place anyway the only thing its good for is using up its internet hours like right now hehe!

???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: