Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

rintouls a pie

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa#brutus 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 5:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lets wish him all the best obviously at his third club he has got something to prove, the guy isnt a champion he is just a battling player and with a bit of luck he might decide to knuckle down and play some good consistent footy with the pies.

------------------
SHITE HERE COMES OUR COLLINGWOOD THE ALL CONQUERING BLACK AND WHITE.

Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 5:51 am

Rintoul was the best player we could get in the pre-season draft. Not that he is a great player but solid and has no injury worries. Lynch would have just been another heartbreak story. Rintoul did get delisted but Wet Toast did offer him a contract that he rejected, so it wasn't an outright delisting more a contract dispute. Although he has tarnished his off-field reputation over here when he took out the annual Chris Mainwaring perpetual trophy award for drunken driving.
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 12:13 pm

I never said rintoul was a hopeless player, mags, so if I posted the message five times one would have thought you may have been able to read it properly at least once?? Apart from the fact I only ever saw that message posted once? There was a page error when I tried to post the message the first couple of times that may have cause an error though.
MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2000 11:55 am

Maybe for Rintoul and us it will be third time lucky. Spidey - no-one will ever wear the famous number 42 again because it was retired when we lost Darren Millane. Perhaps someone (maybe the President) from the club can confirm this.

------------------
ROWDY FOREVER
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2001 4:16 pm

I know I'am late in adding to this post but I would like to give my opinion on a couple of points which may not be worth a pinch of shit but here goes anyway. Firstly , the only reason he was delisted was because he could not come to terms contractually and from this i feel Collingwood was quietly pulling the strings behind the scenes to get him, offering him perhaps a guarantee he would be drafted and the opportunity to reacquaint with MM.
Also he he was a better choice then Lynchie as unfortunate as this is.Finally there is no chance in hell he would get 42 as a number cos i'am sure magpie members would absolutley murder him on the park...and its sacreligious too.....but good luck to him....

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2001 12:15 pm

Good point, DaicosForever.

After the obstruction that the Wedgies caused us in the first draft, it came as a big surprise that Rintoul was got quietly. I am sure that if we had shown any interest in him, the Wedgies would have obstructed us, the fact that we where obviously talking about Lynch, meant they dropped their guard and did not realise the MM was after one of their own. But then again, Rintoul is a recent Wedgie, before that he was a croweater.

ash 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2001 8:23 am

Alright, you guys win. Lynch is injury prone, and Rintoul was delisted by the worst coach in the AFL, Ken Judge. Picking up Lynch would be a negative move which is an image we are trying to escape. I think we just had to get something from the egirls after the whole Gehrig thing just to prove to everybody that we can.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: