Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

best ever

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 5:57 pm
Post subject: best everReply with quote

I rang my dad in melbourne tonight and told him about the internet sites available for pie fans and how i can now talk collingwood all year round.
Dad is 73 and pre computer and has no idea about it and whats more has no desire to know it.
But i asked him who was the best player he saw put on a pie jumper,and this man that took me to everygame from 61 to 74 threw me with his choice of bill twomey.
I dont recall ever seeing him play and dads choice of the best team ever was the 58 side that stopped melbourne winning 4 in a row.
For mine the best team was undoubtedly the 70 side that was coached out of the flag.
and best players were john greening,len thompson,peter daicos and peter mckenna.
but it shows that this great club has a history worth remembering and hopefully the kids of today will remember the current squad with the same reverance in years to come
gopies

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2001 10:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day Ed. How's the weather over there?

You dad is onto something about the 1958 team. They stopped Melbourne from winning their fourth flag in a row. This team pulled out all stops so that the Dee's would not emulate our 1927-1930 feat. Perhaps this team was the beginning of the end for the Black and white tradition. As the decades have passed, the glory days (springing from our tenacity) of the first half of the last century has been forgotten by the players (but not by the supporters).

The '58 team were willing to go to any lengths to ensure that Collingwood would truimph on that day.

Well done lads!

Hopefully we are on the verge of a return to glory days.

GO MAGGIES!
ed healey 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2001 10:53 am

The weathers stinking hot as usual greg.
and with the pies coming in feb for a pre season game they would definitely want a late starting night match as feb is the hottest month over here.
they should all wear those ice vests and have about 8 on the interchange.

joffa#brutus 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2001 6:13 am

[b]hey ed
two words on the greatest player,PETER DAICOS.
[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: