Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MM interviewed on radio today in perth

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed healey 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2001 3:00 pm
Post subject: MM interviewed on radio today in perthReply with quote

The coach was interviewed by Peter Vlahos and Peter strutter Wilson today/

Generally Brad Hardie does the footy interviews but MM wont speak to him on air so the second string did the job.

The points he raised were that after 1990 the pies went into hibernation and just expected success to continue ,and was a very dismal performance from all concerned.

He said that they percieved the major weakness to be.

Not enough backmen to rotate to stop a player doing well.

He stated that 2 hawks kicked bags of goals last year against us and it was after hollands bag of 6 that he realised they needed more backmen capable of shutting down a player.

Wakelin,Clement and Lonie are the 3 he mentioned that were recruited for this task.

Didak was recruited to give drive off the wing and Holland and Molloy to bolster up goalkicking and retention of the ball in the forward area,another sadly lacking area last year according toMM.

He did not single out any of the young brigade in particular but he is quietly confident that the list is good enough to go on with the job and rise up the ladder,although he would not commit to how far.

When questioned about Bucks leadership he was annoyed at the insinuations of him as a bad captain and was bouyant in his praise,and described him as a great leader of men.

magpie24 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2001 3:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed Ryan Lonie doing a bit of work with Tarks at training.
What I can gather is Ryan will be doing the boundary throw ins in the back line and Tarks will crumb off him.

RYAN LOOKS THE GOODS LETS HOPE HE LIFT OUR BACKLINE
magpie24 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2001 3:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed I understand where MM is coming from about the backline,Farmer for the Demons made our backline look a CIRCUS.
We had no hope of stopping him.Thats just one forward thats carved us up.I reckon Presti does very well on carey but Pagan plays the paddock which suits us,its when we have got 3 or 4 forwards to worry about we got no hope.I like MMs thinking on this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: