Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Do the Players really Like Buckley?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 2:16 am
Post subject: Do the Players really Like Buckley?Reply with quote

It seems there is still a feeling between a group of collingwood players that they don't like Buckley.

The feeling from this group of players is that he is arrogant and self centered and always bags players if they don't give him the ball.
Buckley seems allienated from the rest of the group.
He sat on Eddie's table at the copeland and not the rest of the players. And Buckley didn't go to the end of season trip with the rest of the players he went to Italy with his g/f.

Last years problem that Chris Tarrant had with Buckley was true.
Mal Michael was used as a buffer between Tarrant and Buckley.
Now that Mal is gone Tarrant feels a touch uneasy again.

I hope these group of rebels settle down and get on with winning games and stop whingeing.

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 4:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

hey member good one,

As good as he is buckley is a strange guy im not knocking his football ability he is a champion and one of the greats.

As captain of a losing club for quite some time now bucks should appreciate his supporters a bit more.

Unlike many other players at collingwood he will never walk past and say hi or even nod his head.

Infact i love collingwood you all know that i will be there long after buckley has gone.

Buckley has seen us guys at every game if not he certainly has heard us(im now laughing out loudly).

We also attend every VFL game which at times he attends.

As captain of a club that appears to be sinking faster as each year goes by i think he should get closer to the fans.

Could you imagine if bucks actually came up to you and said 'hey guys i know we have been shit for a while now but i have noticed during our anual exodus of fans as usual you guys have allways stuck by this club and as captain i wanna say thanks'

Sadly this hasnt happened
and i cant say it will.

GO BUCKS!!!

magpie_russ 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 7:51 am

this is an interesting one.
you sort of have to look at bucks background. he moved around alot when he was a kid and would have always found himself having to make friends or a loner. the standards he has set as a player, he is certainly on his own at collingwood.
i've watched for years a player who could have walked out and gone for sucess but instead has probably given his best years (hope there is some best left) in a forever losing team. he has stuck like we have.
the year we "won" the wooden spoon the game against freo i thought "if this bloke want to go let him go", he had tried so hard, and at the same time stay mate stay!
i hope he gets to play in a premiership and wins a brownlow. i hate to think he goes down as a player who didn't get either.
i actually saw tarrent have a bit of a go at bucks against wc last year. that's ok it show the kid is cocky and believes he has ability.
for 2hours on a w/e bucks is larger than life the rest of the time he is just another person in the great big world of ours.

[This message has been edited by magpie_russ (edited 22 September 2000).]

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 7:51 am

yeah i wonder this myself MEMBER but as usual get knocked when i try to suggest anything that doesnt favor Buckley 100%!!!!

True Joffa but this year I have found Bucks to have been a bit better with the fans (at training at least) He has signed a fair bit for me and often works through very large numbers of kids who absolutely mob him for autographs and stuff. He does seem to stick to himself a bit too much at times though and yeah a thanks for putting up with this bottom of the ladder shit for so long would be nice! But hey there are plenty of other players who appreciate the support anyway so I say just jump on thier bandwagon and stuff Buckley if he is like this. He may be high profile but I have found plenty of other high profile players who still make time for ALL the fans - Crawfs, Carey, Schwarta, Neita, Burkie just to name a few.

???

*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 8:52 am

Spidergirl- i know what you mean about people jumping down your throat if you have anything to say about buckley that isnt entirely in his favour, people see him as our main 'attraction' if that makes sense and die at the thought that he isnt't the nice guy we hope he would be....i am pretty sure bucks is a good guy but i think he just likes to keep to himself.. it must be pretty hard being the captain of such a popular club and being always recognised everywhere and having to be on the best behaviour at all times because he is so looked up to.. sure he took on the role himself but still it must get frustrating and he would want time to himself occasionally
i guess bucks might not fit in that much at the club with the other guyz because we have such a young side and even though bucks isnt exactly 'old' he is a fair years ahead of the rest of the boys i dunno maybe i'm just spinning S##T on that one but i know that anyone that doesn't appreciate fans like the majority of us one eyed pies is F###D in the head and doesn't deserve to wear the black and white stripes.. after all what would collingwood be without the supporters.. bucks on the other hand... i think he does appreciate just how much we stand by him/them.
anyway catch yaz
tarkyn rocks
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 9:22 am

exactly What would Collingwood be without its supporters!

Take a look at this outta the Saint mag --->
" The hardest thing is people think that you don't try and you don't care - but you do. I can understand why people would think that - sitting down watching a game of footy where you get flogged by 100 points - and that's what we've got to cop on the chin for our performances. We only speak by the way we perform on the field. The fans are the most important part of the footy club, and if they see that, you've just got to accept what they say...and try to rectify it. They pay good money to come and watch and they don't want to watch bad performances, which is not a problem. Without the fans, us as players and the club, we wouldn't be anyone.
This was from Max Hudghton, that man everyone had a good old laugh at for showing his emotions. Now give me shit for bringing Saints stuff on here all you like but I found this to be one of the most inspirational things ever heard from a player and would like to think that some of our boys felt this way too!!!

???

eMmA 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2000 4:44 pm

TARKSCHICK,that is the most pathetic thing i have heard on this bb!!!!

did u say "maybe bucks doesnt like u cause he is always willing to have a chat at training to me and my friends"???why would bucks like some supporters and not others???we r all collingwood supporters and he has no reason under the sun to like some and not others so dont crap on about how he might not like us cause u wouldnt know unless u were him and your not so dont make him sound like some total ar*ehole!!!!

LATERZ

SAV IS SEXY-->36 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BROS ROCK MY WORLD!!!

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 2:47 am

you did comment
you said
'no comment'

eMmA 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 11:36 am

Well u really know how to tell jokes!!!!!too bad they arent funny!!!the reason we take things serious on here is cause we LOVE collingwood and comments like that dont come under "jokes" to me!!!

LATERZ

SAV IS SEXY-->36 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BROS ROCK MY WORLD!!!!!!

eMmA 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 11:59 am

ummmmm......did i say that!!!!how the hell would i know if u love collingwood!!!!!all i know is i sure as hell DO!!!!!!

LATERZ

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 12:38 pm

hmmm, hey emma has sav been 'up the driveway' lately or what

[This message has been edited by CQ (edited 23 September 2000).]
eMmA 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 12:55 pm

lol,CQ....SAV i mean SAVERIO (thats what his friends call him) came up "my driveway" yesterday at 12:23pm and he said that he was gonna catch up with me when he ummmmm.....gets back from ummmm...work at marks place at 7:02pm yeah and SAVERIO said to say hi to you cause your his friend too!!!!!

ha ha ha!!!!!

LATERZ

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 12:57 pm

yeah but i already knew that cos i was talking to his cousins
eMmA 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 1:07 pm

yeah at 6:03pm his cousin rang my house and told me about that,we also chatted a bit about where SAVS going and what he's gonna do.

LATERZ

SAV IS SEXY-->36 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BROS ROCK MY WORLD!!!!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2000 1:40 pm

im sure u did.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: