Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Your Fav Pie Memory's

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 12:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The west coast final at waverly...

umm let me think midway to late in last quarter

it was close ...the ball moves down to the half foward line
all of a sudden right on the boundary line banks millane and daicos are involved in successive handballs to each other which results in the greatest goal i have ever seen in my life from daicos.it was at the scoreboard end and the joff was right behind those goals there was not a dry eye behind those goals!!
Im sorry for the youger supporters cause they have not experienced anything like this the euphoria and back chilling excitement is no longer present at collingwood.And im kinda real sad to be typing that here.
But no-one can take away my memories of my beloved collingwood
cause i will allways be collingwood.
My spirit will allways be entrenched in good ole collingwood for ever!!!!

magpie24 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 2:18 pm

Darren millane holding the sherrin aloft in 1990.Then tucking it under his jumper brought a tear my eye.The emotion was huge.
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 3:26 pm

Easy : October 6th, 1990. I was lucky enough to be there and I'll never forget it. That day is a watershed in my life.
NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 3:38 pm

Well im only 15 so i haven't seen many...but i went to a collinwood/carlton match at the MCG. it was 1995 i think. And when Micky Mcguane ran the whold bloody MCG turf to kick that great goal. Joffa mate, that goal from Daics was great!!! Too bad the day ended in a draw though. BUT WE CAME BACK THE NEXT WEEK AND SLAUGHTERED THEM! UP THE PIES!
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 7:03 pm

The famous McGuane goal was in 1994, Round 2. I only saw it on TV because I was still living in Adelaide.

One of my greatest memories was also from the days when I was still living in Adelaide. It was ANZAC Day 1995 and I made the trip to Melbourne to see the Pies. We'd lost our first 4 games and Essendon was in form. I had no idea the match would be a sell-out and turned up at about half past 11 (which seemed a reasonable time to arrive). But the queue was one of the longest I've ever seen. I was still about 20 metres from the gate when they announced that all the seating was full and there was only a small amount of standing room available. I was wondering if my trip from Adelaide was going to be in vain. I managed to get in not long before the gates were locked. The crowd was about 95,000, the second largest home-and-away crowd in the history of football. It is the biggest number of people I have ever seen gathered in one place at the same time.

Then came the match itself. An epic see-sawing battle. The lead changed hands several times. The crowd was going absolutely berserk. I'd never seen anything like it before. (S.A.N.F.L. games just don't compare)

Collingwood slipped away to a handy lead early in the last quarter and it looked like we were home. Sav Rocca was playing the game of his life. Then Essendon came back ... hard. They hit the front in the dying minutes and went a goal up. And my heart just sank. But then, somehow, we came back at them again. Sav kicked his 9th goal and the scores were level.

Then we streamed into attack once more. Buckley had the ball ... within kicking distance ... even a point would have been enough ... but no, he passed to Sav. But the ball went astray. Essendon cleared it ... then the siren went.

And there was dead silence.

There is no silence like the silence of 95,000 people.

That's the greatest game of football I've ever seen.

------------------
**floreat pica**

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 1:21 am

Yes Alf, I made it to the 95 ANZAC day game, which was awesome. Big Sav and Monky always fired against Ess then. Never seen the G so packed, at like 12.00! Must have turned 30,000 plus away. It was the start of that traditional game, I think.
Just thinking about some great days...A final v Fitzroy when we kicked 2 goals in the last 10 seconds(!!) to win (79 or 81 I think) Heaps of come from behind wins at Vic Park in the pouring rain in July. Walking out of the ground like you were 20 feet tall! Everyone feared us then!
Daicos, Millane, Phil Carmans first year, where do you stop??? Banksy snotting Rhys Jones!!!!
Best memory is just having a great win and sharing it with your mates.(its wierd meeting Collingwood supporters here in a way. You have an instant rapport and 'kinship' that I don't think happens with other clubs) ...I remember going to the footy just knowing we'd win. Vic Park was just great, beers at the Retreat or Bendigo, Pies fans all over Johnston street all singing the greatest song of all time. The few brave opposition fans scuttling away. Ahhhh snap out of it LD, return to grim and grimy London, your youth is histroy! Thanks for the indulgence, Mags. I'll owe you a beer for that!
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 1:47 am

Oh, and I forgot the best. Half time at the 90 GF, Matthews leading Brownie up the race to the rooms, with the Essendon guys on the other side of a cyclone wire fence, two feet away. Lethal is screaming at Daniher "He's comin back to get ya, He'll be back to get ya!!! etc etc" while grabbing GB and shaking him, and we were going absolutely mental screaming at those red and black bastards. I can't remeber going more beserk, ever. That is what it's all about, especially when watching Brownie charge back onto the ground later. You wish you'd had a video of that!
Broadie 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 3:50 am

Here's one that sticks in my memory more than anything - from a game I never saw, and only heard less than half of.

PICTURE THIS:
1995. Camped under the stars near an unknown gorge in Litchfield Park in the NT. Just finished eating some kangaroo steak & rice (accompanied by more than a few hearty homebrew stouts) cooked on a campfire. Just me & Mrs Broadie, the trees, 3 million frogs & the night animals making noises in the distance.

On a whim, Broadie gets up from lying on the swag and wanders over to the 4WD ute which had served us so well (but is now close to ute-heaven), and starts playing with the radio. Mrs Broadie (actually this was before we were married, but I digress) enquires, "What are you doing?"

"Just interested to see what you can pick up on the radio out here in the middle of nowhere"

"Oh"

After a few minutes, there's nothing on FM, and jsut about to give up on AM when I hear through the static,
"...and he's lining up for number 7 now - what a huge night for the big fella..."

My heart starts racing - it's obviously footy, and the NTFL runs counter to AFL season, so it could only be AFL.

"...he's done it! Rocca has 7 for the Pies..."

Broadie yells to his wife, "Hey, I've picked up the Collingwood - Adelaide game. Think it must be the third or last quarter"

"Why's that?" asks a surpirsingly interested partner.

"Cause my boy's kicked 7 already..."

Then I listen and hear a siren...the commentator blurts out, "..and what a great way to end this exciting first half for the Pies".

Only half time and Sav already had 7?

Time for a few celebratory stouts! (which resulted in us runnoing out of home-brews well before we'd planned and having to pay $50 for a slab of VB at the next truckstop on the Stuart Highway).

The second half faded in and out, but lives on as a sweet memory. It's amazing how the footy Gods smile on us sometime: even when we have no right to be able to connect with the Black & White army, we suddenly find a lifeline.

------------------
Broadie
nikki 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 3:55 am

Well living in Tassie for 7 years i didnt really get much opputunities to see the mighty pies play, but recently i moved back, and the greatest pie moment i have been involved with (apart from meeting josh and sav) is Round 3 this year when we thumped Carlton, it was the best feeling watching us kick goal after goal and seeing the carlton fans sitting there stunned SUCK!! it was sooo good.. the packed MCG, thousands of screeming fans, It was awsome especially after and during th game where we all were giving the carlton fans HELL!!!! ( i know its not the best moment ever but like i said i didnt really ge that mich opportunities to go!!!) And i reckon it was pretty darn good!!!

GO PIES!!!!!!!!!

------------------
GO THE MIGHTY PIES
SAV & ANTHONY LEGENDS FOREVER!!!
GO ROGAN, JOSH YOUR MY HERO..

nikki 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 3:58 am

Just noticed alot of our fave pie moments involve the mighty Sav rocca... All the great moments he gave us, The greatest moments and memories... And look how we treated him, one of the true legends of Collingwood.......... he alwasy has been and alwasy will be a true hero!!!!

------------------
GO THE MIGHTY PIES
SAV & ANTHONY LEGENDS FOREVER!!!
GO ROGAN, JOSH YOUR MY HERO..

Charlie 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 4:38 am

About 10 years ago I was standing in the members at Vic Park, as I did every match... and a guy from work who was Gay waved at me across all the other members and yelled Chhaarrliiieee.. Chhaaarrlliieee. (in a not so manly tone.)

try forgetting that !.

---

JBJ 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2000 8:49 am

At this time exactly 10 years ago today was the start of my greatest Collingwood memory......I'd give 10 years off my life if I could just relive this day once again......
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 5:19 am

That sums it up, John, 10 years ago last weekend. I am getting emotional just thinking of it in those terms.

I was not at the MCG that day on 1990, but it is my favourite magpie memory. When Daic's kicked his second brilliant goal, I jumped out of my seat, ran out of the loungeroom, up the corridoor, out the front door, down the steps, up the path, then round the tree on the front nature strip, retraced my steps, and jumped back into my seat before the ball was bounced.

Funnily enough I saw most of the other games people are talking about live,
* the first ANZAC game (actually I've been to all of them, already confirmed next year's ticket to the Member's)
* Mickey's run in that Carlton game. This was one of the first games I saw as an adult (having lived in Rugby land for the previous 10 years). I was behind the Ponsford end point post, so Mickey started his run in front of us, and just kept going. By the third bounce we were already on our feet, beer flew out of everyones glasses everywhere, and when he kicked it, it was high fives to everyone around. Sheer jubilation! We knew we had seen something, wait for it, special.
* beating Carlscum by 73 points in the heat was exhilarating and would have made the season for me, except for the Princess Park massacre in the return match.
* almost certainly was at that Adeliade game Broadie listened to, I assumed we won. That must have been pretty special, listening to the Pie's win so unexpectantly.
PieGirl39 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 6:29 am

OK, all the expected games have been mentioned, and I agree, they were just brilliant.

But how many of you were there Round 15 July '96 for Collingwood v North ... when North were top of the ladder and we had lost eight in a row? No one gave us a hope in hell of winning and we we came out and won by 10 goals. Just to know you were one of only about 15 000 that were there and you believed in them was great. It was a brilliant team effort and Buckley, Williams, Rocca (and dare I say Crow!) were fantastic!!!

Cheers!
rhain 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2000 7:04 am

It Would have to be this year where we smashed the shit out of Carlton. Really people that was the most fantastic moment for collingwood since '95.
GO PIES!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: