Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

ok everyone--->start complaining

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 10:03 am
Post subject: ok everyone--->start complainingReply with quote

Well fu@k me dead!!! I just got sent the membership info from the club. Jesus christ i nearly had a heart attack. Its a really really kewl book they sent and all like with heaps of wicked 1990 photos in it but oh my god how bloody expensive is it! 225 bucks for an adult 18 game season ticket. Farken hell thats bloody crazy. Is this right or what? Cos i thought they were like 160? Well screw that CQ i think we will definately have to go to some sorta school next year just so we can get concession memberships they are at least only a hundred bucks.

As usual we get the annual crapping on letter from Eddie. Last year it was the "i know we've done bad" excuse "but we are definately rectifying it next year" now its the "members come first therefore we havent increased prices due to GST" story this year hahahahha what a load of crap. They cut the amount of games on them AND the prices HAVE gone up! gggrrrh now i feel like Alf whinging like this but it is shite!!!! Then i read the fine print--->apparently it is a privellage for us members to be going to the aftermatches free well um excuse me i dont think anyone had to pay this year anyway? Now the biggest question in this whole fiaso--->Do we even get an opportunity to try our luck and line up for a grand final ticket thats if we actualy ever make it??? or do we have to fork out like a thousand bucks to be in that posh arse other membership thing?

???

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 10:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah and i forgot to tell u the good news--->Chris Tarrant is on the seasons ticket card in the booklet so u know chicks if that is any concelation!!!

???

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 10:45 am

haha probably coz u r a little junior Mags thats why. arent u one of them squadron dudes? yeah so youz probably get sent it last haha! dont worry u dont want it anyway!

???

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 1:45 pm

how do u think i feel Mags for me its that x4 ahhhhh
better start robbing banks!!!! so mags after this shock u still getting a North one?

???

SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2000 6:45 pm

that is so F@#$D uP
After we support them thru this shi patch we are having, they do this...
maybe they dont want ANY supporters at all...
surely its a misprint..an extra 125 bucks cos you arent concession??
14.50 x 18= 261 bucks
membership 225 bucks

must be givin away season tickets to TOORAK and BRIGHTON residents only....
ytry4 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 4:42 am

I've got a few questions on how a membership ticket actaully works...

Im becoming a member next year, but...

1) Where do u get to sit if u have a season ticket?
2) " " " " " " " " " " reserved ticket?
3) What do u get if ur an AFL member? Advantages/Disadvantages?

This applies to both the MCG and Colonial..

Thanks in advance.

------------------
Ask not what your club can do for you. Ask what you can do for your club.

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 5:41 am

it is sooo dissapointing the prices are really high i dont know
what to do.

i want to be a member of my beloved magpies but gee the prices i got the same letter yesterday.

i went to every game last year and reserves as well it was a bad year but i still supported collingwood,why am i not being rewarded the tickets are now barcoded they can easily see the amount of games i have been to so why not give me a discount.

Where is all this money going?

Why should membership prices be so high when we are performing so bad?

Lets be honest ok the club doesnt give a shit about us!!!

The only time ever do i hear from collingwood is when they want something!!

This is really stressing me out cause i want to be a member
and no reserves this year!!!!so why should i pay all this money.

Gee collingwood we are so loyal u know that but it has to work both ways.

How am i meant to sleep worrying about this!!!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 6:07 am

Mags just message me or ring me bout training K! or ill message ya at 7:00am or something when im on the train.

Does everyone else feel a little embarrassed about the club trying to sell themselves to us with their main marketing point being something from friggen 13 years ago???? Sure i loved seeing all the premiership pictures from 1990 but bringing up the fact that it all started in 1987 is irrelevant now because we have been rebuilding for far more than 3 years. more like 10! No wonder the other supporters laugh at us for bringing up the past all the time!

Magpie Greg i don't really think u have any idea here. It's not a case of whether u r Collingwood or not or just going off to some other team because quite frankly i have a feeling all the teams are gonna be this expensive in fact i think Stkilda is gonna be a hell of a lot more because of Colonial. Does any1 think that if Waverley was sold and money given to the clubs that the membership wouldnt have been so expensive like this?

???

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 7:04 am

yeah well Mags even an extra couple of bucks wont get u bottom level sometimes especially at that Fu@ken bastard Ticketmaster up at Glen Waverley. No one buy from there. U tell the bitch u wanna sit at the goals so she puts u on the wing. U tell her u want bottom level so she charges u extra for it and u r up the opposite end u told her u wanted and stuck up in fourth!!!! Thanks god we play most of the games at the MCG becuase going to Colonial week after week with St.Kilda this year has really tested my patience.

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 7:29 am

yeah well social club is good coz of that but i think only Essendon and Melbourne would want that because with Collingwood i dont think getting a grand final ticket is on the top of our list at the moment. Plus if they shock the hell outta us and do actually make it then half the fun is doing crazy things and sleeping out to line up for a ticket during grand final week anyway!

Guaranteed one my ass Mags jeez and u were criticising Gyro for being a corporate bitch!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 7:50 am

just been told the Saints one - 194 bucks for adult 16 game. Well thats not as bad considering the majority of them are at Colonial however it is only 16 games but because they play some in Canberra thats all u would need anyway. Much better---> Collingwood get your heads outta your ass!!!!!!

???

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 7:50 am

Those money hungry bastards! They obviously think that we are only real supporters if we have money and willing to give it to them.

What sense does it make to get a season ticket!
14.50 x 18= 261 bucks
membership 225 bucks

The extra two games they have included are just to disguise the grab for more money.
(last year)adult 16 $170 adult 11 $115

They want an extra $55 for two more games! They're dreaming.

I may just pay as I go.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 12:24 pm

what bullshit! if essendon had their prices like that well fair enough because im sure their supporters enjoy the footy seeing as they always win where as us, well!! why should we pay so much. oh and they say that they have only gone up for GST well if it WAS $90 wouldnt GST be $9??? (not too sure but thats what i think) therefore it would be $99 not $100 yeah its only one dollar but if 10,000 people bought one..... bloody hell they are ripping us off something shocking!!!!
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2000 12:56 pm

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!

Methinks the Club has taken a few liberties with the truth when it promises that mere Social Club members (i.e. those without the Legends or Captain's package) are guaranteed a Grand Final ticket if we make the Grand Final.

How many Social Club members do we have? By my reckoning it must be well over 8,000 by now.

How many Grand Final tickets will we get if we make the Grand Final? Well, that depends on who we're playing. If, for example, Collingwood played Adelaide in the Grand Final, the Crows would get a lot more tickets than us. We might only wind up with, say, 7,000 tickets.

Now, if we've got 7,000 tickets to split between 8,000 members ... well, you work it out.

They haven't actually said whether the Legends and Captain's members are going to get priority over the rest of the Social Club members, but it would seem logical. Either way, the Club is lying through its teeth if it is claiming that ALL Social Club members are GUARANTEED a Grand Final ticket if we make the Grand Final.

I suppose they're just working on the theory that we won't make the Grand Final anyway ... so it won't matter.

But there is a strong principle at stake here. They are offering something that they simply can't guarantee. Therefore they are a lying pack of swine.

Hey, but what's new?

Oh, yes. By the way.
Andrea, for God's sake take up the M.C.C. membership. Don't let some crazy notion of loyalty to the Club stop you from taking up the most sought after membership in Australian sport.
Remember this, Andrea. The Collingwood Football Club does not give a rat's arse about you ... or any other Collingwood supporter for that matter.
You're very fortunate to have been put on the waiting list as a baby. Make the most of it.

Collingwood is simply pricing itself out of the sporting market.

And Magpie Greg, that old argument about giving up the smokes and the drinks so you can afford your Collingwood membership doesn't make a lot of sense to people who don't smoke or drink. Maybe we should give up eating and paying rent too!!!

As for me ... I'm downgrading my membership from Legends to Captain's for 2001. They haven't quite lost me yet. But they're getting close.

------------------
**floreat pica**

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2000 4:35 am

we dont all live in toorak collingwood

we dont all wear suits as our prefered casual wear.

we certainly dont all drive bmw's

some of us collingwood believe it or not, just live simply to follow you.

i get the feeling that us low income people no longer feature in your future plans.

well if thats the case you can get stuffed you greedy bastards!!!

if you wanna play this stupid diseased corporate game well come and see me when i think your product is worth buying.

And your record over the last 7 years is an embarassment to your supporters to yourselves and to every major city and town throughout australasia.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5   

Jump to: