Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pakistan Still Cashing In ??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:48 am
Post subject: Pakistan Still Cashing In ??Reply with quote

Personally i think Pakistan is still rigging cricket games. I watched their innings last night. The opener hit a four and in the mid pitch conference he winked two his partner. Two balls later he plays a pathetic shot more at home when you are giving slip fielders catching practice. Didnt see the other wickets but according to the news report they struggled with the short ball on a placid pitch.

What is stopping them from rigging games ??

Very suss to me

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL JLC seriously huh, maybe you are right I don't know! Don't look too much into a wink though hehehe very observant aren't you just because the guy winked doesn't mean they are match fixing!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:23 pm

Haywood takes 5/56 as the Pakis are forced to follow on after scoring 161.

They are 2/88 with Inzi and Younis at the wicket.

Hey, Mrs Tarrant, Slats could probably get a game for this mob and remember - a nods as good as a wink to JLC. Lol.

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 6:38 am

PAKIS HIT THE LEAD!! Haha. Pakistan lead by 11 runs with two wickets remaining. They are 8/218. Kallis, Hayward and Boje each have two wickets.

No Paki batsman reached 50, with Youhana (42) doing best. The top 8 batsmen got into double figures but no-one went on with the job.

Donny.

GO THE MIGHTY WOODSMEN !! ALL THE WAY IN 2003 AND BEYOND !!!!
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2002 9:08 am

You leave my Slats out of this hahaha!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:25 pm

Although I'm reluctant to post any article which has"person says" in the headline and "a person familiar with the situation said" in it's first paragraph, there are still some points of interest in it.

Pakistan Cricketers May Face New Corruption Probe, Person Says.

Richard Sydenham (Bloomberg) - 27 March 2003

The International Cricket Council, the sport's ruling body, may request a new inquiry into allegations that Pakistan players took bribes to lose matches at the 1999 World Cup because an earlier probe didn't consider all the evidence, a person familiar with the situation said.

A Pakistan government-commissioned investigation by Justice Karamat Nazir Bhandari concluded last year that the team's defeats to Bangladesh and India weren't fixed. The ICC may seek another inquiry because submissions from its investigative body, the Anti-Corruption Unit, weren't included in the Bhandari report, the person familiar said.

"The Code of Conduct Commission (the ICC's disciplinary body) said we have not looked into this and not looked into that but not much evidence was available," General Tauqir Zia, chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board, said in a telephone interview. "It's just a misunderstanding in my opinion."

Cricket's credibility may be at stake after two of nine players punished for corruption had their sanctions overturned by civil courts. One of them, Ata-ur-Rehman of Pakistan, was among five players banned for life. The ACU was formed in 2000 to eradicate corruption and expose miscreants.

The ICC and ACU declined to comment. Justice Bhandari could not be reached for comment.

Justice Bhandari, in his Jan. 31, 2002, report, said the ACU "had no material in support of the theory that the (Bangladesh) match was fixed." Zia was due to have addressed the ICC's Executive Board about the report during a meeting on Saturday in Johannesburg but he couldn't attend. The matter will be discussed at the next board meeting in June.

Zia said he is seeking legal advice on the report. If the ICC isn't satisfied with his explanation, it will ask the Pakistan Cricket Board to instigate a new inquiry, the person familiar said.

Justice Bhandari's four-month inquiry centered on Pakistan's May 31, 1999, upset against low-ranked Bangladesh, which hasn't won in 32 matches since. Pakistan was sure to reach the next round of the tournament in England regardless of the result.

Two former players and Ali Bacher, head of the 2003 World Cup that concluded Sunday, alleged that players were bribed to lose. At the time, Bacher was chief executive of the United Cricket Board of South Africa. Pakistan went on to lose in the 1999 final against Australia.

In his report, Justice Bhandari said his commission had an "enlightening" meeting with ACU officials in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, in November 2001.

"The commission pointedly asked for material relevant to the subject but the answer was in the negative," Justice Bhandari said. In response to his request for testimony from Bacher, the ACU submitted a magazine article, his report said.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:43 pm

If you could have any kind of robot what would it be?
Donny Aries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:50 pm

An umpire, HAL.

Maybe I'll get back to you on that one.

Good to see you in here HAL.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
HAL 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:54 pm

I have never heard of an umpire you.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:43 am

An umpire never changes his mind, Hal.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:52 am

I definately think in 99 World Cup Pakistan may have rigged some games.

jlc
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 7:54 am

Huh. . . . Thats interesting
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:07 am

I'd say the Pak v Bangla game in the 99 WC was dodgy with a capital D O D G Y. Well, we all cleaned up here, thanks to the inside word from my local corner store! Result had no bearing on where Pak would finish, no points would be carried thru by them to super sixes for winning. A perfect game to throw! One of the reasons a point was carried thru for a win v non super six side this time round is this game I'd say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: