Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Shane Watson to stay a Tiger.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 3:18 am
Post subject: Shane Watson to stay a Tiger.Reply with quote

Today, Shane Watson announced he was going to stay a Tasmanian Tiger. Which is very good news for Tasmania, and puts to rest all the rumours of a move interstate, and stuff. Tassie still needs to do alot of work to become a true contender for the ING & Pura Cups. Although Tasmania's one day cricket got better, but I feel they still need alot of work. Pura Cup wasn't a very good outcome this year, it's sad that Tasmania (having some good players) still can't get into the Final and/or win the Final. Maybe next season will be a turn around for Tasmania, well I hope anyways.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to your team mate! It definately is good news to hear that he is staying in Tasmania, well for Tasmania anyway hehe! Wasn't one of the rumours that he was coming to Victoria? Ahh who knows I heard so many rumours I just can't wait until the playing lists are all finalised and we know who's staying and who's not!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:12 pm

Ah ha. Be less specific. Smile
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:48 pm

I would rather have Ian Harvey any day over Watson. Victoria should worry about getting more batsman either via receruting one or trying to nurture a younger player along. The bowling attack is adequate and for keepers they have Berry and Roach. The other Hussey brother, Blewett or a batsman of that ilk could be the extra ingredient that the Vics need to make the final. Very close last year and with Cameron White another year older he could be the bowler that steps up big time this season.

jlc

Nova Kaine Leo

Winners never quit, and quitters NEVER win.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 8:23 pm

JLC wrote:
I would rather have Ian Harvey any day over Watson. Victoria should worry about getting more batsman either via receruting one or trying to nurture a younger player along. The bowling attack is adequate and for keepers they have Berry and Roach. The other Hussey brother, Blewett or a batsman of that ilk could be the extra ingredient that the Vics need to make the final. Very close last year and with Cameron White another year older he could be the bowler that steps up big time this season.

jlc

I think Blewett's playing below what he can do, he's a good batsman when playing for South Australia, but then he fails playing for Australia. i think he has a problem with stepping up to the big time. I think a move for Blewett is a little late, and I think Victoria has a strick "vouth" policy so Blewett going to Victoria would seem unlikely. I think the Vics are still trying to mold their side, once that is over, they should be able to play consistent cricket. Still there's a worry with NSW, and QLD, is Mark Waugh staying? or retiring?

MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 8:59 pm

I don't think anyone knows what's happening with Mark Waugh yet, I think he wants to retire but they are trying to convince him to stay, I don't think he should retire they still need him big time! I go onto the NSW cricket forum and all the people on there are concerned about how their team will go this year as you mentioned Nova. Victoria all the way! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 3:10 am

I hope Watson's back comes good as he could be anything. Great potential.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 3:11 am

Your dream sounds very alluring. . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: