Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Australia V Jamaica

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A^D^S^O wrote:
I Wish Alan Shearer would make a comeback to the national team. Shearer and Owen with Rooney/Scholes just behind them 2 would be unreal

I will not commment on Shearer refusing to play for England as i know me and Geordie will get into a shit fight!

All i can say is, Let the players play who's hearts are in it and let the other bastards sit and watch!

geordie_matt 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:55 pm

woe_is_me wrote:

Anyway, based on the massive score-fest against Lichtensteinerberg, England could do with SOMEONE who knows how to play as a striker with Michael Owen...

I think Kewell would definitely get a game for England, while Viduka would be a fringe player - like Emile Heskey, etc...

you must be joking because england have SOMEONE to play alongside owen and that SOMEONE will be the best striker in england if not the world in the next few years
he is WAYNE ROONEY the youngest ever scorer for england and as for viduka i don't think he would make the squad because james beattie is better than viduka
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:04 pm

geordie_matt wrote:

you must be joking because england have SOMEONE to play alongside owen and that SOMEONE will be the best striker in england if not the world in the next few years
he is WAYNE ROONEY the youngest ever scorer for england and as for viduka i don't think he would make the squad because james beattie is better than viduka

Yes they said that about owen in the 98 WC, he has turned out to be a servicable striker for England and Liverpool and thats all.
Rooney looks promising but anything can happen, we cant go over the top over what we have seen in the last year.

But anything is better than watching Heskey up front! i tell you sometimes when watching him im ashamed of being born in England!

Yes Gm read that last four words of the last sentence!

blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:48 pm

Not to apologise for his many years of crapness, but one thing to consider about Viduka's performance against Jamaica is the fact that he played on the same side of the pitch as friggin' Chipperfield who gave him nothing but dross for the whole game.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:50 pm

Really you dont think so at all?
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:58 pm

Yeah Chipperfield is a bit of a weakness for the boys at the momment but when lazaridis and emerton come back in hopefully he'll make way.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:01 pm

Yeah. . . . . I think Chipperfield is more than that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: