Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Emergency Board Meeting at Carlton

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pablo 

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:01 pm
Post subject: Emergency Board Meeting at CarltonReply with quote

on right now.....
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:30 pm
Post subject: Re: Emergency Board Meeting at CarltonReply with quote

pablo wrote:
on right now.....

Source?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The ol bloke wont walk, they will have to blast him out, and pay him out fully. Any coach would be interim, and who, who in their right minds would wanna take over this broke, skint, rabble,with a shocking list that will take years to rebuild ? Like moving deckchairs on the bloody Titanic. ~!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Golden Gordon Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:12 pm

Why were my posts deleted?

Listen mods you can't even get the footy scores in ther right thread and yet you have time to Stalinise my posts. What gives? Shocked Confused Twisted Evil

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:14 pm

Golden Gordon wrote:

Listen mods you can't even get the footy scores in ther right thread and yet you have time to Stalinise my posts. What gives? Shocked Confused Twisted Evil

Yeah, I've had posts deleted as well. My "crime" seems to be that I've disagreed with Donny's opinion.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:15 pm

dalyc wrote:
Golden Gordon wrote:

Yeah, I've had posts deleted as well. My "crime" seems to be that I've disagreed with Donny's opinion.

Donny seems to think he's the word of God on this site and we all have to put up with his snide comments and posts being deleted that don't tally with his views.

Maybe like old Mick he's had too long at the top and needs a rest. I'd nominate young Jezza to replace Donny personally. He's smart, passionate, classy and gets along with everyone and isn't a pigheaded stubborn old goat. He's do a top job imo.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:54 pm

I say this is deciding to Sack MM Now or let him Coach for the Rest of the Season.

They will Definitely decide he is not coaching in 2016

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Carlton Board will hope that Swans and Crows beat the Scum by 100+ Pts in each game so it be easy to sack MM
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:43 am

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/all-that-can-be-saved-now-is-mick-malthouses-dignity-20150525-gh9e8f.html

All that can be saved now is Mick Malthouse's dignity
May 25, 2015 - 8:31PM

Caroline Wilson - Chief Football Writer for The Age

For the second time in four years, Mick Malthouse and his broken heart have lurched onto a collision course with their football club.

In 2011, Malthouse's struggle with his enforced termination date threatened to derail Collingwood as it worked towards back-to-back premierships. The Magpies' hierarchy, from president Eddie McGuire down, held their tongues and fought to keep the peace until the end of September. The backlash came later.

This time around, the stakes have dramatically lowered and only Malthouse's legacy demands protection. But respect is wearing thin and both sides currently seem to be struggling with just who will be the first to blink.

Carlton has at least placed a deadline on this agonising scenario and even in doing so has explained it has moved forward a decision in the club's best interests.

Whether both parties can survive the next fortnight which starts with a Friday night game against Sydney this weekend remains uncertain.

But what is certain is that this time around it really will be the end of Malthouse's coaching career.

He knows it and Carlton knows it even though the club has prolonged the agony until the bye when several directors will have returned from overseas and Mark LoGiudice and Co can best decide how to pick up the pieces.

Malthouse was undiplomatic if largely accurate in pointing out that the rebuilding label and the suggestion that no player was sacrosanct from trade was a trigger for his team's current listlessness. But his failure to urge his players into any sort of aggression or form over the past four weeks has cruelled any ambition of a new contract. The magic has gone.

And his refusal to play ball with his bosses has brought forward the conclusion even though it currently seems more like procrastination.

While some directors and executives wanted him gone last Friday LoGiudice remains determined to stick to a process.

Just as he remained mystified when he came on board as to why contracts in football could be served and honoured by clubs to their conclusion without question or comment, the chairman must now be wondering why Malthouse too cannot keep his end of the bargain.

Not only did he break ranks last week but Malthouse first raised the issue of his tenure pre-season when he said the insecurity was robing off on his players and assistants — many of whom will be terminated by the season's end. After just two losses the coach talked down his club lamenting that free agents did not want to join the club.

McGuire and Gary Pert must have felt like this was Groundhog Day. And after last Thursday's outburst Malthouse appeared oblivious to all the fuss. He was reportedly unrepentant at going "off message".

But Carlton is headed for its third wooden spoon in a decade and its fourth this century. Malthouse is not a beloved premiership coach at this club. Replacing favourite son Brett Ratten one year after Ratten had coached the Blues to their third successive finals series, Malthouse was seen to have also recruited his beloved fitness boss David Buttifant and then his former Magpie star Dale Thomas. Neither has proved a success.

History will relate that Malthouse coached three premierships and reached seven grand finals — eight if you include the 2010 draw — and coached more games than any other. Perhaps it's not too late for history to record that his departure when it came was dignified.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: