Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coaching suicide

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

mandy wrote:
What we need here is for bat or jezz to download posts about Bolts from TalkingCarlton to excel. And the posts when Malthouse was appointed. And when Ratten was appointed. And do a vlookup comparing all the posters there who truly felt confident that they had FINALLY turned a corner and all would be rosy from now on.

I can tell you now it's all deja vu. Those poor bastards find a great white hope at every turn that only disappoints. For the first time though I feel sorry for one of them. Brendon Bolton seems like a good bloke.

No doubt they will ruin that man.

Your wish is granted and you won't be disappointed! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Brendon Bolton's Appointment - August 25 2015

Quote:
Im excited, and will look out for it.

The start of a new era.
Hopefully it really is Bolton and he gets to work right away....no book tours or Hawks preferred.

Quote:
EYE AMS TEH WINNARRRRRRRRR!!

LADIES.
AND.
GENTLEMEN.

Quote:
A distinct change from the past

Some have said we are coming from way too far back to recover from where we are now.

This may be so, I think if we don't come back from here we are gone as a club.

Good luck Brendan Bolton.

Quote:
We aren't that far back. Ratts turned the ship around and we cut corners coming from a poorer position. This time we have a foundation to build on and a big shot at the cream of the draft.

Quote:
Good luck BrendOn !!

Quote:
Great appointment. I really like the way we went about it. Nice to see, finally.

I am hoping he brings a positive game style and culture to teh club. Big job ahead for him but I think he's up to it.

Now SOS it's up to you. #NewCarlton

Quote:
Well done Carlton. Finally acting like a mature, process driven football club.

Good luck Brendon.

Quote:
Say goodbye to your 100% senior coaching record, dude...

Quote:
Delighted to see an ex Clarence coach take over!

Good luck to bolts.

Quote:
So, now we just sit and wait for the AFL to strip us of draft picks yeah?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Yep, happy we went through a process, and got someone outside the club. Instead of some old washed up premiership coach, or poachin another senior coach for big bucks.

Quote:
Today is Ground Zero. The smog and rubble has been cleared. Bolton has a vacant block of land to build upon
There won't be too many wins for the next 3 seasons
Don't waste your time criticising the coach and asking for him to be sacked based on a win loss record
Ask questions if you don't agree with the game plan, you don't see young players develop or the players lack commitment
Patience, patience!!!

Quote:
I actually think we might start winning more games than we think from now on. I have a very good feeling about this.

Quote:
Hoping he turns out just as well as the last "Hawthorn bloke" we had as coach. He'd better bring some of the magic dust from Waverley as I don't want to contemplate where we'll be if this fails.

Quote:
Typical Carlton. Went for the bloke with the best win loss ratio in the comp.

Will we ever learn!

Quote:
Titus O'Reily @TitusOReily

For Brendon Bolton, it's like going from riding along in a Bugatti Veyron to being the proud owner of a 1986 Laser Ghia.

Quote:
Good news, let the rebuild begin.

Quote:
Fantastic news on the appointment.

Quote:
Finally I proper interview process

Quote:
Wrapped to have this guy on board.
Have a good feeling about it.
Went through an extensive process like we said we would, and put him under the pump as much as we could, and he's passed with flying colours.
As stated above, its imperative we put the right support systems around him... Quality assistants and development coaches, try our best to get the best, not just the best available.
Saw a compilation clip on one of the footy shows last night, of him at pressers when he was Senior coach last year... Polar opposites to Mick. He's so overly chirpy, it borders on creepy... Was a mix between a gushing schoolgirl and Ned Flanders lol

Quote:
Oh this is a glorious day, all our problems are now solved..... I feel so happy, I think my testicles are dropping

Quote:
Good luck to Bolton. Will be definitely punching a few walls clarko style Smile

Will be pretty disappointed if he stays coaching on at Hawks. The grand final is in the 1st week of Oct, so to have him potentially out until then will put us backwards again like Malhouses book tour. The players are on the verge of leaving, as l am hearing Kruzer wants to go to the Pies. He should be down at the club now, talking to the players, preaching the success on the horizon and a few of these guys might change their minds.

Quote:
Brilliant.

Our way. On our terms.

Quote:
Carlton just did something innovative and sensible after a thorough process. WTF?!

Quote:
Impressive stuff.

Quote:
After watching that presser...
Ladies and gentlemen...
This Club has finally entered the 21st century

Only took 15 years! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
From Mick Shithouse to The Bolta... One end of the spectrum to the other in press conferences.

Quote:
Happy in that:

1. Process was executed and completed
2. New age, young coach outside the current club environment was installed

Can't ask for anything more, so let's hope we got it right.

Quote:
Our first attempt at being an innovative club for a long, long, time.
No contract, a member of staff

Quote:
Some positivity creeping into the place! great appointment!
Good luck young man!

Quote:
I reckon Membership numbers will increase markedly over the next 2-3 years. There is a real sense of positivity that things are finally being done properly and the club has some excitement back. That will bring people back and attract new ones.

Quote:
To think he has seamlessly made the transition from bad adult contemporary music to AFL coach.

I don't think many have done that before.

#badboltonjokes

Mick Malthouse's Appointment - September 11 2012

Quote:
Welcome to Carlton Mick. no pressure....

Quote:
Never expected this one.

Who'd have thought 10 years after announcing Dennis Pagan as the head coach, Malthouse is announced.....

Now bring Cloke with you.

Quote:
I'm excited!

Quote:
Mick's expectation was something about getting the best out of the players, and getting them to dream and have high goals.

Don't remember exactly what he said, but it was notably different to Ratt's style of giving stats and numbers.

Hopefully he can inspire the players to get extra performance out of them.

Well done Mick !!!!
Welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Welcome Mick.

Great press conferences, I like how MM does not take a backward step to the moronic questions like from Tony Jones tried to roll MM, FAIL!

Time to stick some rockets up some players backsides...

Quote:
Like others, I'm not sure that Mick will make the difference or be the right guy, but a few things stood out from the Press Conference:

1. The man has presence (something that has been lacking, IMO).
2. He is comfortable in a press conference, and HE sets the agenda - not the journos.
3. He sounds half intelligent (also something that has been lacking, IMO).
4. In his first 10 minutes at the club he already started articulating his vision (and made some subtle references to the way things WON'T be from now on).

Quote:
Welcome to Carlton Mick, hope you can bring us more success :beer:

(about @#$%&! time though...)

Quote:
Geez the 'optimists' in this thread are damning Mick with faint praise.

Go Mick!
Put a rocket up the players' asses!
Push them further than they've been pushed before - don't let them coast !

Bring back the SWAGGER!

Go blues!!

Quote:
It's only early doors but Mick has impressed so far.

Quote:
We shouldn't have sacked Ratts. We did.
We shouldn't just have gone for Mick. We did.

I am not happy.

I am Carlton.

I'm on board.

Good luck to MM. We'll never know about what Ratts could have achieved but we will know soon enough if this decision was justified.

Well this guy knew something the rest of them didn't know! Laughing

Quote:
Now for big Clokey and we are set. Flags, flags and more flags....................brrrrr at what a cost. I need a wash.

Quote:
Welcome Mick ... just what we need as he gets the best out of average players and even more out of good players...

P.S. ...i predicted this would happen a year ago...

Go Blues 2013 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
It's an historic appointment apparently

Quote:
Very excited to have an experianced coach at what I feel is a very pivotal time. It's make or break time with our playing list and window of opportunity...

Quote:
I wonder how long before the new sponsors jump on after the Malthouse signing???? watch this space.....

Quote:
After hearing Ratts on the radio this morning, I'm even more excited about MM. Ratts waffling on about us being the worst kicking side when he arrived and the fourth best after 3 years, etc, etc. Stat after stat. Soooooooo dull and boring. Hard to imagine the players not tiring of it over time either.

Love MM's comments about Cloke. At the very least he's pushed the price waaaaaaay up for the Filth.

Quote:
You little beauty

Quote:
Well.........

surely they're just going to give us the cup now.........?

kindest regards tommi

Quote:
Well, i'm excited. Wanna know why? Because any coach who can turn Leigh Brown into a decent footballer should be able to do wonders with our bunch of underachieving softcocks!!

Quote:
I loved in the presser when he was asked about Cloke and he paused for effect then said..."absolutely". Sticks heard nervously laughing in the background.

End result probably that Cloke will still sign with the filth and that we are no chance to get him but...

the rockshow since the presser has immediately descended back on the filth! I've read articles with interviews from cloke's old man etc etc. Last thing the Filth need is probably an army of journos headed their way with a final on the weekend and it can only be a matter of time before the press sets off the Mick vs Bucks vs Eddie McChins feud real or otherwise.

Maybe I'm reading into it a bit but I thought I saw a bit of gamesmanship there. feed the rabble what they want and deflect a bit of attention in the process!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Got my navy blue mojo back. :smoking:

Haven't been the same since the GC loss, and then really lost it when we kicked so poorly to lose in the last game of the season.

Never really liked MM after he left Footscray...for lots of reasons....glad he's in the Old Dark Navy Blue with a point to prove and a very good list...with Trade period around the corner.

COME ON CARLTON!!!!!!!

A very good list? Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Woman wearing purple is the media manager. Don't know about the others.

Gee Collingwood supporters are a bit touchy this arvo

Quote:
Hope Malthouse still has it at his age and he changes these softcock bunch of downhill skiers.
We will be better off. The question is how much better will we be.
Pressures on Mick
Lets hope he lasts longer than two years so we dont pay him out one million plus hey

Get ready for the ride.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
I'm scared.

But hopeful!

But more scared. Of Mick....he's scary. :yikes:

But I'm trying not to be...scared. Really.

Quote:
Welcome to the club MM. After the last few weeks it is now time to move forward. Onwards and upwards

Quote:
Dare I even dream of a Carlton Filth GF next year. We win and Mick grabs the microphone, looks into the crowd, spots eddie and channels chocco williams with a bit of "YOU WERE WRONG!!!"

WOW! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
The more I think about it, watching Mick's body language, the more excited I get.

Quote:
Imagine our first game against the Filth next year...

MASSIVE!!!!

Imagine the next five! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Will make a big difference.... just compare MM to Ratten on SEN this morning.

I understand MM's clear vision...

Quote:
As much as I love Ratten... I was never as excited as I am now about an upcoming season... bring on 2013

Quote:
I get the feeling the media are now going to turn on Malthouse and indirectly us.
This is being driven by others within the media, me thinks. Watch this space!

MARK STEVENS! Twisted Evil

Quote:
This will prove to be the best decision the club has made in 20 years.

Totally agree! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Well "its time" as the labor party once said.

Parkin is our greatest coach, but just turned 70 so wasnt an option... but we all loved the vein
Barassi we loved what he gave us, hardness and swagger.
Pagan never really had the cattle and the support he needed

Malthouse is 59 and is one of the best in the business, so its time to get serious.

We don't do panel interviews like St. Kilda, Richmond, Melbourne, Port and other clubs with no clue.

We decide what we want and we get it. So welcome Mic Malthouse.

Quote:
It is so good to see everyone happy about the MM appointment. There is a positive vibe on talking Carlton for once, which is great.

I respect MM as a coach, still think we are paying overs, but as long as he delivers no. 17, who cares.

I still need him to bag the @#$#@ out of Eddie and Collingwood to feel he is true blue

Quote:
Chalk and cheese compared to Ratts in terms of how engaging he is when you look at that press conference.

Brett Ratten's Appointment as Full-Time Coach - August 20 2007

Quote:
Official! Ratts given 2 year deal

Quote:
When I've employed individuals in the past.....I almost always had positive or negative feelings pretty early into the talk.....had either good or uncertain vibes pretty quickly in most cases.

With Ratts.....the Club knows him.....knows all about him....they know he can do the job....why stuff about talking to others a second time if they didn't measure up to the mark at the first talk?

Let's get on with it.....there's games to play.....lists to finalise for next year....contracts etc; and of course....the Draft.

There's no time to waste....let's just do it !!!

Quote:
Today is the first day of the rest of our lives.

Quote:
Thank God they didn't give him a 5 year deal.

Quote:
Congratulations Ratts, if you are as good a coach as you were a player we are in great hands.

Now you have the job time for the tough decisions!

Quote:
The wheel is turning !!

Quote:
Congratulations Ratts!! I'm glad that you were selected.

Now that you have job security please ensure we get the PP this year.

Quote:
Only way is up from here.

Congratulations Ratts.

Quote:
Congratulations Ratts.
Can't wait to see our full, fresh squad take to your brand of footy in '08.

Quote:
Congrats. Ratten

Remembered already as a legend Carlton player

I'm confident he'll be remembered as a legend Carlton coach!

Love your work!

Quote:
Well done to Ratten and hope he takes the team to glory.

Two year deal is perfect, gives him a chance and does not tie the club up too much.

Quote:
Well done Rats..

I even have a photo on my desk at work of Rats, my baby girl and me at the 2002 fightback rally. The next photo will be Rats and me holding the 17th premiership cup

Quote:
Congratulations Ratts

Quote:
forget to mention a congrats.

good decision, lets just hope he gets a great team around him and never look back.

Quote:
Well done Ratts. Good call from the Board to go for a 2 year deal.

Quote:
Congrats Ratts - my favourite Carlton player as a kid growing up and still got the jumper I wore with 7 on my back.

Hope that everyone supports him and we get back to being the greatest club in the league. Finals 2008!

Quote:
Ratten wins a two-year deal to coach the Blues

See winning feelng already returning and Ratts hasn't done anything yet!!

Well done Ratts.

Quote:
Just caught up on this news. Welcome aboard Ratts.

Must say, I would have thought a 3 year deal would have been the go, but if it all works out as we hope then this might be a 10 year deal.

GO BLUES!!!

Quote:
Get ready for the ride. It will be well worth the wait.

Its great to be a Carlton Supporter.

Quote:
Awesome News and a great appointment, Well done Ratts and Good Luck

Quote:
well done ratts and lets hope you're there for at least 5 years and bring home 17-18 and more

Quote:
Well derserved Ratts.

Now that my club is in your capable hands, just get out there and get me the 17th flag!

...and you will (or at least should).

Quote:
Congrats Ratten well deserved. Two year deal great Ratten needs to perform just like the players do. Pagan always felt safe with his long contract at least this keeps Rattens hunger alive no rest until were back were we belong.

The pieces of the puzzle are almost complete CARN THE BLUES !!!!

Quote:
He will be successful and so will Carlton. Its going to be exciting.

Yes very successful! Laughing

Quote:
very very exciting

good stuff

well done ratts !

Quote:
Another exciting turning point tonight...it's only going to get better and better. All the best Ratts.

Quote:
well done Ratts.

Good Luck

Go Blues!

Quote:
Fantastic news. There is no better man for the job.

Quote:
Youngest coach in the AFL.

Youngest to oldest to youngest again! Laughing

Quote:
Wayne Carey said Ratten won't make a difference because we're shit.

Well he was right! Twisted Evil

Quote:
Dont bother listening to Wayne Carey.

There are times when he can be a very silly man.

I cant understand why I ever thought at one point a few years ago I thought that he might be the new young coach. That was madness.

I feel very very happy about tonight.

Quote:
Congrats Ratts...
Just do your best and you'll shine...
Looking for a 28 years stint with 7 flags ... no pressure though!

Seriously Ratts, loved you as a player and have great hopes for you as a coach...and if you're reading this, you should be ashamed...you've got work to do!

Go Ratts!

Quote:
I think today marks a waypoint in our sorry recent history.
Go Ratts.
My 2008 membership is waiting to be bought already.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: