Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So, how much longer will Bolton last?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:24 pm
Post subject: So, how much longer will Bolton last?Reply with quote

Thought I may as well start this thread, now. The Blooz have got absolutely nothing, based on their game today against GWS, so how can a coach live through the "rebuild"? At one stage, the Blooz led 4 goals to do but they now trail 19 goals to 7. Cameron lining up for his 7th as the final siren sounds.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping for a scum win as them finishing 3rd and missing out on Weitering would be delicious.

Like all supporters of rock bottom sides they're putting there hope now in the trade period but some of the trade scenarios mentioned over at bigfooty and the bounty they will reap put ours to shame.

Surely Geelong aren't desperate enough to give up a top 10 pick for Henderson which is what the scum supporters are banking on.

Maybe Henderson and pick 20 could be an option but for many of them it would seem a straight swap is in order.

Delusional.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:31 pm

^Hendo is a first class spud, are the cats that silly ?? As for smiley face Bolton, he wont be laughing at his pressers next season, this mob aint the piss and poop, worst list in the league, as parkin said. My tip is they could well lose the first twelve games, and Bolton could be on thin ice already by then. LOL

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:48 pm

Since I have never met a person who supports the Blooz and also believes that Henderson can play, it would be surprising if the entire football department at Geelong could be stupid enough to think he is worth a first round pick.

Still, I also thought a 28 year old half-back flanker was probably only worth a late second or early third rounder and GWS gave us Adams, so I guess anything is possible.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:00 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Since I have never met a person who supports the Blooz and also believes that Henderson can play...

Tragic really; Fevola certainly could....

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:28 am

Bolton's tenure is a week by week proposition. He is an employee so he can be let go and paid a set amount of weeks wages not an entire contract.
The scum gambled his knowledge gained at the Hawks will deliver quick results. Flawed thinking
I believe he is a very good person to have around the Hawks he balances Clarkson's angry nature. I think he's a knowledgable guy who yearns to learn.
Seems like a very good assistant or line coach but there's a huge gulf between that and completely rebuilding a football club so low in every aspect
They have 0 players of real substance (ok maybe Simpson and Cripps)
They have nil funds as its all used to pay off former coaches
As for trades they can dream all they want. SOS has said they will not trade away any top 10 pick.
No one will be giving anymore than a very late first rd pick for Henderson he simply isn't worth it. Yarran is gone but with his attitude what would he bring ?
They are a minimum of 3 drafts and trade periods from being competitive. Feh scum don't like waiting they will cannibalize Bolton by mid 2017.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:49 am

^ i thought he had a three year contract before transitioning to a salaried, ordinary employee. he still gets paid out if he is terminated prior to the three years expiring.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:24 pm

^^^ Based on what I saw yesterday, he'd probably be thinking that some job security would be a good thing at about this point.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:14 pm

John Wren wrote:
^ i thought he had a three year contract before transitioning to a salaried, ordinary employee. he still gets paid out if he is terminated prior to the three years expiring.

Not the way I understood it but I will stand corrected JW
KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:07 pm

I thought that no matters what happens he will be paid for 3years, so pretty much a 3 year contract!
Rexy17 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:46 pm

How long is a piece of string?

I'll give him 2.75 years....dead man walking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: